First, the positives: This is a great location if you want to visit the DC area. Loved the free parking on the adjoining deck over the weekend! It felt very safe for walking to and from the nearby pedestrian mall--no need to move the car all weekend. The rooms (we had two) were clean and comfortable. My ratings of the sleep quality reflect issues with noise, not the beds or the bedding.
On the less positive side, there was inadequate response to our calls to the night staff regarding drunken partiers returning to the hotel. Loud talking, drunken laughter, and rap music intermittently awakened us several times between 12 and 3:30 am. Offering to move us in the middle of the night was not an acceptable answer to the issue. Reporting the issue to the staff in the morning resulted in apologies and the “comping” of our breakfast bill but really did not take away the irritation and loss of sleep.
And speaking of breakfast, mine had to be the very worst in memory! Eggs so dry it was hard to pick them up on a fork, micro-waved bacon and dry toast. I really think the whole thing was pre-prepared and re-microwaved. It was delivered to my room in a box by a very nice man who appeared to be the sole person working in the "cafe" Sunday morning. I think the trick here might be to ask for something NOT on the limited menu—I notice that another reviewer had success doing that. And speaking of the menu—what’s with the fact no prices are listed for the items on the menus placed at bedside?
The hotel staff was kind enough to give us a one-hour extension until 1 pm for check-out on Sunday morning however they cancelled our electronic room keys about 10 am while we were still in the hotel resulting in some of us being locked out of our rooms. After being re-admitted once, the keys did not work again so we were advised to prop our doors open to prevent being locked out again. Really?
Maybe weekends are just a down time for this hotel but I expected better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard hotel in Silver Spring, MD, is located in the middle of an exciting new mixed-use redevelopment project encompassing four city blocks in the heart of Downtown. This inside-the-beltway hotel offers everything you need to work and play, including free high-speed internet access, iPod docking stations, luxury bedding and an array of business services. Located just across the street from Discovery Communications' worldwide headquarters, this Silver Spring, Maryland, hotel is readily accessible by car and mass transit, and is recognized as a vibrant addition to the community. Guests will enjoy a bounty of retail, dining and entertainment opportunities- all within easy walking distance from our downtown Silver Spring hotel. Some of the major corporations and businesses nearby include the American Film Institute's Silver Theater, Round House Theatre, Discovery Communications, FDA, NOAA, Bethesda Naval Medical Center, and Walter Reed Hospital. We look forward to you welcoming you to our hotel suites in Silver Spring, Maryland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Silver Spring Downtown Hotel Silver Spring
- Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
- Silver Spring Courtyard
- Silver Spring Marriott