I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a business trip. If you need to be in downtown Silver Spring this hotel offers a convenient location-- within walking distance to many of the attractions and the metro station.
The entrance to the hotel is slightly awkward. You enter the building through a glass door on the ground floor and then you take a very slow-moving elevator up to the lobby level. I stayed in a King room which was furnished with standard Courtyard decor and offered the customary complimentary WiFi. Two highlights of the room were the intense water pressure in the shower and the plethora of channels on the television.
I was, however, disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. On my first night at the hotel, as I went to get into the bed, I noticed a huge stain on the sheet toward the foot of the bed. I called the front desk, and, to his credit, the front desk clerk (who was new) brought up a new set of sheets and we stripped off the stained sheet and made the bed up again. While his assistance was helpful, remaking a bed was the last thing I wanted to do at midnight after a 5 hour flight. Additionally, the carpet in the entryway of the room had several stains that added to the feeling of uncleanliness.
The reception and attitudes of the staff ranged from tepid and uninformed to welcoming and knowledgeable.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Silver Spring Downtown Hotel Silver Spring
- Courtyard By Marriott Silver Spring Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
- Courtyard Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Marriott
- Silver Spring Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard hotel in Silver Spring, MD, is located in the middle of an exciting new mixed-use redevelopment project encompassing four city blocks in the heart of Downtown. This inside-the-beltway hotel offers everything you need to work and play, including free high-speed internet access, iPod docking stations, luxury bedding and an array of business services. Located just across the street from Discovery Communications' worldwide headquarters, this Silver Spring, Maryland, hotel is readily accessible by car and mass transit, and is recognized as a vibrant addition to the community. Guests will enjoy a bounty of retail, dining and entertainment opportunities- all within easy walking distance from our downtown Silver Spring hotel. Some of the major corporations and businesses nearby include the American Film Institute's Silver Theater, Round House Theatre, Discovery Communications, FDA, NOAA, Bethesda Naval Medical Center, and Walter Reed Hospital. We look forward to you welcoming you to our hotel suites in Silver Spring, Maryland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.