“Very nice hotel in Silver Spring!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Olympia, Washington
“Very nice hotel in Silver Spring!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just stayed here for four days for a family wedding. The employees and front desk people could not have been nicer and more accommodating. This hotel is conveniently located and close to everything - a CVS, Whole Foods Market, the Metro, and many shops and restaurants. The local fitness club, which you could get to by taking the elevator to the 2nd floor, was excellent! It was very large and had all the same quality equipment as my fitness club at home. I would - and plan to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We truly appreciate your taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisor and are so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, location and staff service while you were our guest. We hope to have you back the next time your visit brings you to the Silver Spring area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed at many Marriots. This is by far my worst experience ever. The staff was rude, disorganized, and had horribly hygiene. The manager and the assistant manager are probably the worst management team I have ever seen. When I arrived the room was not ready, and I had to request towels because the bathroom had absoutley nothing in it, and it was a hassle just to do that. It was also dirty and the sheets looked like they had food or something on them.
I would not stay at this hotel again for free.
If you are coming to the Silver Spring area stay anywhere but here. Beware.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I'm sorry that you had such a horrible stay with us and would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. I am unaware of the details of your stay and it is very important to us that our guests are satisfied with their experience. Please feel free to call me at your convenience.
Holland, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent on night at the Courtyard in Silver Spring and were generally impressed. The hotel is located above the Washington Sports Club. Parking is a breeze. Just go to the 5th level of the adjoining parking deck and walk over an access bridge right to the reception area. (On weekends parking is FREE.)We got through reception smoothly and all our special requests were met.
The room was spacious with lots of counter space in the bathroom. Everything was clean and well maintained. We only had a couple of complaints. First, there was work being done on the parking deck that lasted until midnight. This was not the hotel's fault, but you may want to ask for a room facing the street. Second, the fitted sheets on both beds in the room refused to stay on the mattress. Either they were the wrong size or the beds were not made properly. We had to pull them back down a few times before they stayed in place and even then they came loose later in the night. Otherwise, we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for the nice review about our hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our property and I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area. I appreciate you letting me know about the situation with the sheets. I'll get with our Executive Housekeeper and see if we can get that straightened out. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.
Monongahela, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We travel ALOT and always use Marriot( Sprinhill suites most often) adn decided to go to Silver Spring to visit family and also to go see DC. We arrived adn were treated pretty awful from the start. The manager is very cocky and arrogant and does not want to address anyones question or concerns. The hotel itself was ok ( small rooms, no restaraunt, but a snack bar type area they call "the bistro"...nice outside area with a fire pit) the location was wonderful...but the staff is very miserable, unhelpful adn I will NOT be returning to this hotel ever, I suggest you look elsewhere because to me cusmer service is VERY important.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I apologize for the lack of service you received while a guest with us and would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay. We strive to provide the very best service and accommodations in Silver Spring and we let you down and for that I am sorry. It is my hope that you when your travels bring you back to Silver Spring you will again give us an opportunity to provide you with a new first impression.
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nicely renovated rooms, comfortable mattress and very friendly staff. Check in was easy, parked in the adjacent garage and walked right in. Only stayed one night, got in late and left early the next morning.

AM cafe staff was very friendly and helpful. I really appreciated their warmness after a long day of travel. Actually, everyone I encountered at the hotel was thoughtful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the nicecomments about our hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our property and I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here for a night with my wife as part of a trip from Ashville. The staff was exceeding friendly, the room, halls, and general areas clean. The hotel is very well located, rooms were spotless and quiet. Parking is reasonable. To park the garage is adjacent to the hotel and hotel parking is on the 5th level. From there it's easy access to the lobby which is directly across, through a walkway. Weekends are free, weekdays at $ .75 per hour or $ 8.75 per day and there is no special parking discount / ticket that I know of. They have complimentary access to the Washington Sports Club which can be accessed via an elevator.

Room Tip: Try booking through Priceline for best value, make an offer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here on business and was pleasantly surprised to see that the area around the hotel had cleaned up quite a bit! I was here about 5 years ago and the area was not some place I could recommend. I am happy to report that the area has changed for the better. Whole Foods and CVS are directly across the street and the IMAX in right around the corner along with many shops and restaurants. The hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly. There is free wifi in the room and several computers in the lobby. Using the elevators is a little confusing as you need to go to the third floor for the lobby from Fenton. But if you park in the attached garage be sure to park in the 5th floor as it'll lead you directly to the lobby. The Bistro provided a quick breakfast for me each morning and the staff remembered my "routine" by the 2nd day! Don't forget to use the free shuttle service as it'll take you anywhere within 3.5 miles. I used it to go to my favorite store Trader Joe's. The room provides a mini frig, coffee maker, hair dryer, and iron. Great desk and chair to use if you're working. The attached gym is a great perk. Too bad the pool was being renovated while I was there. The next time I need to head back to Silver Springs I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown? Share your experiences!