This hotel is a pretty nice hotel. It's very odd that you have to ride one elevator to get from the street to the lobby and then a completely separate elevator every time you want to get to your room, but it's OK. The TV's in our room couldn't get local channels which was very frustrating for my husband because he wanted to watch football, but couldn't access the correct channel (very frustrating since he was sick and couldn't leave the room - see below).
However, the really disappointing part was when my husband got food poisoning. After spending several hours in urgent care, we came back to the hotel to find that the pharmacy across the street was closed. I asked at the front desk for the nearest 24-hour pharmacy and was told the best that they could do was send my husband to the ER, even though we had just spend hours at Urgent Care and just needed to fill the prescription. We were told that Maryland didn't have any 24-hour pharmacies and that we were just out of luck. Of course, in the morning when I made it to the pharmacy, the pharmacist stated that there were quite a few 24-hour pharmacies within close proximity.
I don't think it's too much to ask that the front desk staff know about nearby medical options. No one wants to deal with this sort of thing while traveling, but it would make things a lot easier if you could get help from the people who know the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard hotel in Silver Spring, MD, is located in the middle of an exciting new mixed-use redevelopment project encompassing four city blocks in the heart of Downtown. This inside-the-beltway hotel offers everything you need to work and play, including free high-speed internet access, iPod docking stations, luxury bedding and an array of business services. Located just across the street from Discovery Communications' worldwide headquarters, this Silver Spring, Maryland, hotel is readily accessible by car and mass transit, and is recognized as a vibrant addition to the community. Guests will enjoy a bounty of retail, dining and entertainment opportunities- all within easy walking distance from our downtown Silver Spring hotel. Some of the major corporations and businesses nearby include the American Film Institute's Silver Theater, Round House Theatre, Discovery Communications, FDA, NOAA, Bethesda Naval Medical Center, and Walter Reed Hospital. We look forward to you welcoming you to our hotel suites in Silver Spring, Maryland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Silver Spring Downtown Hotel Silver Spring
- Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
- Silver Spring Courtyard
- Silver Spring Marriott