“Ghetto-quality motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Silver Spring
“Ghetto-quality motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This place is good only for the convenience of its location (Silver Spring metro station is a 5 minute walk away). The hallways stink, and the rooms are whatever. They're run-down, but the AC works. These rooms are good for only a one-night, for-the-sake-of-convenience stay. More than that is not a good idea.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Joe06309, General Manager at Travelodge Silver Spring, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We apologize if you had any inconvenience. We have re-painted our walkways and lobby areas. We also have organized for more cleaning services for the outside of our property. We would like you to come revisit us for a enjoyable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room television, safe and shower bar were broken. Took one day to get them fixed. Asked for a roll away bed and it was not brought until third day. When we checked out, the lady wanted to charge us for all the days we were there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay and wee do thank you for your review. Based upon your review we have made sure that all our rooms are fully updated and comfortable for our guests. We would like you to come re-visit us and check out our updates.
Ocean View
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My review of this motel was based on a non functional ice machine and a steel rod sticking out of the bed. I bang my leg on this rod several times creating a lot of pain.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and sorry about the difficulties and inconvenience. We have restored the Ice machine back to its normal conditions and we did replace any items that are harmful to our guests in the rooms. Not only have we update these items but we have also made several changes to the property. We would like you to come visit us and give us feedback again,.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I frequently travel to DC and I stay at this particular Travel Lodge for several days every 2 weeks or so. Having stayed here a LOT of times, I can say that I have never seen any type of bugs in the rooms. They do seem to have certain issues in most (not all) of the rooms I have stayed in, such as most of the Tub/Showers don't drain very fast causing the water to build up to your ankles, probably half of the microwaves don't work or are missing and some of the entrance doors are missing the security latches on the inside and most have large gaps around them. Repairs do seem to be made "on the cheap" as temporary measures rather than spending a little bit more and doing it right the first time.
The rooms have always been clean and the staff is always courteous and helpful. The only time I have been very disappointed was the room from last week on the 1st floor (#309), when I opened the door to the very large bathroom, I was assaulted with a putrid smell that was overwhelming, it smelled similar to rotten pumpkins. Since they turn off the AC between guests the high heat that day made it even worse. I cranked up the AC, used my huge spray can of Lysol (fresh linen scent) to saturate the bathroom, propped the bathroom door open and went to Subway for an hour or so. I had to keep it propped open for the entire 3 days because letting it close let the smell build up again. In my opinion, and I was the Lowe's Installer of the Year for the entire northeastern United States (Kitchens and Baths) in 2004, there is a leak in the plumbing on the floor above that is molding as evidenced by the bulges in the ceiling and the thick layers of ceiling texture to try and cover it up with "bleached" looking orange bullseyes around the bulges.
Otherwise, I have been satisfied my stays there and they are very pleasant to deal with. I bring my own coffee pot (a 1 cup Kuerig) and get all my food from Subway which is quite yummy!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Joe06309, General Manager at Travelodge Silver Spring, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Daniel,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review. We do appreciate your feedback and also apologize for any inconvenience that you had with your last stay. We are constantly updating our Hotel and making changes to accommodate our guests even better. We hope to see you soon on your next visit and give us feedback on our updates.
Joseph Oden
Silver Spring
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

No free breakfast.... subway restaurant close by did not have hot water for tea.... there were roaches in the room..... the airconditioner was LOUD and kept us awake most of the night..... if we turned it off the room was too hot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Joe06309, General Manager at Travelodge Silver Spring, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for the review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your last stay. We recently had a maintenance team come in and clean and update our air conditioning. We want you to know that we do take your review seriously and we are making updates based upon the reviews.

Been to Travelodge Silver Spring? Share your experiences!