“Room for improvement” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This was the most disgusting place I have ever seen. My fiancé and I wanted to stay in a place near DC to visit the monuments, but little did we know what happen. This should not have travelers staying there. It is without question a drug/prostitute motel. The floor was not vacuumed, the sheats were stained, and we did not feel safe. We ended up getting a Marriot in Arlington which was beautiful. The neighborhood near the Teavelodge was not a place to be walking around at night.

• Stayed August 2013
Boise
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I chose the Days Inn/Silver Spring hoping that it would be a clean, inexpensive site for my son and me to stay at during our family visit to the East coast. I encountered insects, barely-functioning A/C units, and a facility that was on its last legs. Our customer support guide/check-in person had to come to our rooms to show us how to open the door of my son's room--because it barely functioned. My room door worked when I pressed it down; my son's door worked only when the desk clerk showed us that sometimes the door opened only when we pulled it up. I found insects in my sink: a juvenile cockroach, and a very mature tick (so far as I could tell.) I will NEVER stay at another Days Inn, especially the one in Silver Spring. When I arrived home, my wife insisted that I leave my luggage in the garage. I had to inspect, spray, and wash any clothes I took on my trip before they were allowed in our house. I suggest that NO ONE should stay in this unit until it is totally refurbished, certified "insect free" by a nationally-recognized extermination company, and inspected by the Silver Spring, MD health inspector. I am embarrassed that I booked a night in this unit. I can't imagine what the Days Inn management was thinking when they last visited this unit. Shame on them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Travelodge Silver Spring? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Silver Spring

Address: 8040 13th Street, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Location: United States > Maryland > Silver Spring
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Silver Spring 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Travelodge Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Silver Spring Hotel Silver Spring

If you own or manage Travelodge Silver Spring, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.