“CONSISTANTLY EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“CONSISTANTLY EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This little gem looks like an old malt shop, located in what we refer to as the Up and coming area of Sivler Spring. Crisfields Sea food, named for Crisfield MD on the eastern shore, has been around for ever. The lack of ambiance is the ambiance! This brightly lit counter and small dining room cranks out the best seafood anywhere. My favorites: Clam Chowder, Seafood Bisque, Crab Stuffed Flounder, Crab Stuffed Shrimp, the Lobster tails are really great- stuffed or not. My husbands swears by thier Oysters. Whiile this restaurant is not cheap you can dine affordably, sandwiches- soups - salads. While the owners and staff have achanged over the years it is great to see the staff that has weathered the years.
This is must for a trip to the area, you will not be sorry!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

in NJ
“Upscale prices Downmarket locale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I came here solely based on Tripadvisor Reviews, you seldom steer me wrong, but wow, I can't believe the raves for this place.
We walked here from the Metro, i was a little surprised upon entering, it looks like this place hasn't been updated since it opened(1945), okay I can deal with retro charm, loved the black & white tile floor & the oyster plate collection. As you come in there is a huge bar, my companion noticed the dining room, no one directed us there. At the table there is a small plate with lemon wedges & 2 plastic containers, one with tartar sauce & one with cocktail.
But the prices are what floored me 22.50 for your basic fried seafood dish,21.00 for flounder? By me that would land you at a restaurant on the water, not on a city street. We both had the crabcake sandwich (10.00), you have a choice of options, a kaiser roll (50 cents extra), a hamburger roll or white bread, wheat bread or rye. It comes to you without lettuce, tomato or anything else, of course you can scoop out your choice from your plastic container on your table The sandwich does come with cole slaw or fries we went with cole slaw which we liked.
The sides to me were a tad odd, cole slaw french fries baked potato all standard, but sliced tomatoes? I have eaten in many many seafood restaurants & I was never presented with that as a choice for a side, at the prices they are charging it would appear that they could offer something a bit more imaginative, hush puppies, corn fritters, green beans almondine?
We both had the Smith Island cake, they were out of Key Lime Pie. The cake was just OK to me, it was novel for sure, just not particularly flavorful.
Not sure if I would return, I don't think the prices are justified by the food or the locale. I just can't say I was impressed. It was also a little annoying that when you carry your bill to the register you are competing with the takeout orders, I stood for a good 5 minutes while the cashier took a rather long takeout order over the phone.
An interesting aside the restrooms are for 1 occupant only & there is no sink in the restroom, the sink shared by all, I assume, is out by the bar, is it a way to shame people into better hygiene?

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma!
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Sat at the bar, the staff was excellent. The seafood bisque was wonderful and the stuffed, baked shrimp was great too! I would like to see a couple more side options, but I'll be back for sure.

Visited August 2012
Georgia
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Seafood is amazing! Very casual and the service is worth every dime. Derick and Steve were great at the bar. You will want to come back nightly after dining here. We were a group of seven and not one of us was unhappy with our dish. Just wish we lived near Crisfield..but will be back for sure.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tallahassee, FL
“A Local's Seafood Secret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Be right at home in your jeans and tee-shirt. A clam bar in one room and crowded tables in the other room. A friendly and helpful wait staff and then there is the seafood! I had the flounder and it was as if I had just caught it myself. My wife had the crab and shrimp Norfolk and wanted to lick the plate. One of our guests had the lobster Norfolk and wanted to do the same.

You can be sure that any staff that uses the restroom will wash their hands. This is because the the sink is outside the restroom in plain site of the cook staff. Nice if every restaurant did that.

• Visited August 2012