“This is ther new Potomac location” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #134 of 294 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Potomac
“This is ther new Potomac location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The white fish on the bagels tasted a bit sour which means it was old and should never have been served to us. We'll never be back. My wife and I didn't even bother to tell them as we didn't even like the limited choices to begin with.

Also, the portion was skimpy(which was probably why we didn't bother to tell the manager as we thought the place was hopeless).

Visited June 2013

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Best Bagels in the DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Like me, there are lots of NY transplants with opinions about bagels in the DC area. I go here most mornings because as far as I'm concerned these are the best bagels in the area. I used to go the Bethesda Bagels, which are quite good. I used to go there all the time, until Goldberg's opened up. I think they are better. If you are looking for a large variety of things to put on your bagel, you may prefer Bethesda Bagels. Goldberg's is kosher..so you will not get ham egg and cheese on that bagel (though the tofu sausage egg and cheese is surprisingly good)....and they are conservative so they are closed for ALL of the holidays... of which there are apparently many! If you want a great bagel that tastes like it was beamed in fresh from NY, go to Goldberg's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kensington, MD
“Adequate bagels, but don't trust the cashier!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Adequate bagels, but Bethesda Bagels are better. Went in for a half dozen bagels, didn't have the flavor I was looking for, so I settled for something else, handed the guy a $20 and he gave me change for a $10. I immediately corrected him, he insisted that I had given him a $10, (I am certain that I only had $20s and singles in my bag), he proceeds to "count the register," then complains that there is less in the register than there should be...hardly a ringing endorsement about his counting ability...I still think that he pocketed my money to supplement his hourly wage! Never had a problem at the other location, but won't return to this store...If you choose to make a purchase with cash at this establishment, you should announce what you hand the clerk when he rings you up.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great Bagels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've ordered bagels and larger platters from this outfit. Not the cheapest place in town, but definitely worth it.These folks make a quality bagel and don't cut corners.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, MD
“Erratic quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First, a point of information - the bagels are baked in Rockville and then trucked in. I have been here many times. When they first opened, the bagels were brought in several times a day and were of excellent quality. Unfortunately, the last two times I went, the bagels were not fresh. They tasted like they were at least a day old. I don't need to pay premium prices for day old bagels. Unless I hear the problem has been fixed, I will not be back.

Visited January 2013