“Bravo” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Silver Spring, United States
“Bravo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. The room was beautiful! We enjoyed ourselves during our stay. The hotel is very quiet. We will definitely be back. It is located near great spots to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. The breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was excellent. We give this hotel two thumbs up!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn of Silver Springs was very clean, updated and nice. I stayed here with my retired parents during a vacation to Washington DC. The hotel although outside of the downtown area of Silver Springs was only about a 15 minute drive to the Metro to get into Washington DC. Because it is outside the city it felt like a retreat from the long day. It is situated with several restaurants with-in walking distance which is very convenient. The rooms were very clean and each have a small refrigerator and microwave - very nice for snacks at night. Free WiFi and decent cable channel selections. Bed firmness is adjustable and the room had a comfy chair with ottoman and nice desk chair. My room had a walk-in shower which was much nicer than the bathtub in my parents room. Also there are nice amenities such as free washer and dryer, small pool and work-out room. There was a small business center, but it had printer, two computers and materials for shipping. There was also a rack with brochures of all the sites in DC and surrounding areas. Only miss was that the hot tub was closed for renovations. I don't necessarily suggest for a typical family with kids, but for my family it was perfect...It is definitely great for business travelers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Lilburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here and took the metro into DC each day. The staff was wonderful,they had closed the pool when we arrived due to a thunderstorm,my daughter was disappointed. They saw her sad face and called after the storm to tell her it was open now. Lifeguard on duty at all times. Fresh cookies, and fruit water daily. Beds are great! Nice and quiet but close to restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Anytown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

First the good:

The hotel is clean and what you expect from a HGI. I'm not a big fan of their adjustable beds and would not want to stay in a room more than 1 or 2 nights. There was barely any water pressure in the shower. I can't recall if this was a problem when I stayed here a few months ago. However, the room was clean.

The location is great. This hotel is located in the parking lot of an outdoor mall. You can walk to get food including IHOP, Five Guys, and some other chain restaurants. A 7 Eleven is a 60 second walk through the parking lot.

The bad:

The service during my recent stay was bad enough where I will try to find a different hotel for my next trip. I used the e-checkin system and arrived late in the evening. They did not have my room available. 99% of the time e-checkin allows you to pick a room on a specific floor either near or away from the elevator. Instead of telling me they could not accommodate any of my requests, they sent me up the elevator to find out for myself. I was looking for a king bed (not 2 doubles) and a room away from the elevator. I heard the elevator dinging all night. I could not get back to sleep after 5:30AM due to the noise. I understand that requests cannot always be accommodated but I've always had the clerk apologize and explain the situation. I've rarely been to a hotel that does not prioritize their HHonors Diamond member requests over other guests.

The root cause of the problem was that the front desk clerk was too busy socializing with the restaurant employee in the back office. I was interrupting them when I wanted to check in and they wanted to get back to hanging out as fast as possible. The front desk was empty the 3 or 4 times I walked by.

I called down about a problem with the TV system and someone different answered. This person did not want to be bothered by calling the tech support for the hotel's TV system. Sometimes they need to reprogram channels from their satellite to the hotel's TV system. No cable news for me.

I have limited information but I am going to conclude this hotel has weak management and the employees follow suit.

Stay if you must due to location but I would recommend experimenting with other hotels if at all possible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerGage, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Mr. Peterson,

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North and for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay, I regret that I was unable to meet with you while you were our guest. The information you provided is not business as usual for us and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further. If you could contact me at your convenience I would greatly appreciate it.
Silver Spring, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great location with a number of restaurants (TGIF, Panera, Chick Fil-A and more) you can walk to. Shopping (i.e. Target) is a two minute drive. Friendly staff. I was there for 10 days and was very comfortable.

Suffolk, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great hotel. Very clean! Excellent staff. Fridge and microwave in room is a deal maker. Bed was amazing and super clean. Priced a bit high, but you do get what you pay for. B'feast was $10.95. Should be complimentary for $116 per night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip and loved it. The location was great for our needs. The staff is very helpful and courteous. The rooms, breakfast, bar and overall look of the hotel are really nice.
I will definitely stay at this property if I come to Silver Springs.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: For 4th floor: Rooms 420, 417, 418 are close to the elevators. I am sure the other floors have the s...