“Nice Hotel Just outside DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Melville, New York
“Nice Hotel Just outside DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Came here for Soccer College Showcase that was held in Germantown. Was greeted by nice friendly staff. Rooms very nice. I had 2 queens. Very clean and professionally run. Nice grill in hotel and bar. Wish bar was open a little later in the evening. Will come bacl to this hotel if travelling in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you for writing a nice review about our hotel! We appreciate that you chose to stay with us while you were in the area and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest next time you are in the area.

Have a great day,

Tricia Meyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Plainville, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel and was delighted by how nice everything was. The staff were very helptul and the rooms were comfortable, nicely furnished, sufficiently spacious and exceptionally clean. I particularly liked the bathroom set up with the large glass enclosed shower which made the bathroom look larger. The hotel is behind a small shopping complex with some nice restaurants. The neighborhood is out of the way which makes it quiet yet within six miles of the Silver Spring metro stop. Despite its proximity to DC, the parking is free. I will most definitely be returning when I travel in that area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Good afternoon Deanna,

Thanks so much for filling out a review on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest next time you are in Silver Spring.

Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Upon arrival at this Hilton Garden our stay was absolutely perfect! The front desk staff was
very professional and friendly. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and up-to-date.
The king size bed was very comfortable with plenty of big pillows. The bathroom was spotless which made me feel like I was getting a quality Hilton room. Many nice restaurants within walking distance but the breakfast menu was more than plentiful and equally priced to its local competition. The room I had on the third floor was very quiet and secure. I would hope that all other Hilton Inns would live up to the standards that this establisment has set!

Room Tip: King room on Third floor was very quiet. Bar was a little pricey for drinks. Try other bars within...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate the awesome review you wrote about our hotel. We are very proud of our property and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come be our guest again next time you are in the area.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Wife and I recently stayed there for a weekend visiting our daughter at nearby University. The hotel did have many parents staying as it was Parent Weekend. The hotel was well kept despite the high traffic. The front desk staff were friendly and were attentive. The restaurant breakfast was well cooked and the staff attentive as well. Special note that we we had a noisy refrigerator in our room. When reported to the front desk they were extremely accomodating, appoligized, and it was immediately swapped out for a brand new and whisper quiet model. A very nice tough was that they had left a note of appology and a coupon for free breakfast the next morning. Parking was a little tight, but they shared a parking lot with a strip mall so that is where the overflow parked with no problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you for staying with us during Parent's Weekend. It was a very busy weekend here at the hotel and we are so happy you could be a part of it. Thanks for bringing the noisy refrigerator to our attention. I am glad we could swap it out for a better model! We hope you will stay with us next time you are in the area.

Thanks and have a wonderful day,
Mount Rainier, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and I was very pleased. I stayed in a King room non-smoking and it was clean and comfortable. Staff is very helpful. It has in indoor pool and a small restaurant within the hotel. However, there are many different restaurants and take-out places within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thanks for the nice review about our hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our property and I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Rooms are clean and quiet. No smell. Got a very friendly staff. Shopping and restaurants are located nearby for choice. I enjoyed the stay every minute. And of course you can eat-in if you are too lazy to walk out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thanks for recommending us on Trip Advisor. We thank you for reviewing us as it lets us know how we are doing and how to better serve our guests. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us next time you are in the area.

Have a wonderful day,

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Exactly what I would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. Check in was quick, front desk personnel were nice and competent. Nice, clean hotel, comfy bed, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge. The fitness center has 2 treadmills, an elliptical, one of those 10 in 1 type weight machines, a bench, freeweights, exercise ball, and medicine balls. I didn't use the pool; it's pretty small, better for families with kids than someone looking to swim laps, and there was a lifeguard there when I walked past. It's located right off a nifty little plaza so IHOP, Qdoba, Five Guys, TGIF, Chick Fil A, etc. are within walking distance. It's a few minutes down the road from a Giant food market, Starbucks, Target, and a few minutes the opposite way there is a Trader Joe's. With all those options I had no need to eat in the hotel so I can't attest to the quality of food. I was only here for two nights so didn't feel the need to have housekeeping clean my room. Oh, and the shower has great water pressure! Woke up and had my receipt under my door. No problems here, would definitely stay again if business brings me back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon Melissa,

WOW! Thanks for the awesome review. I think you covered every topic! We really appreciate all feedback and are so happy you took the time to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel if your business travel allows it.

Tricia Meyer

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North? Share your experiences!