“SOLO!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Mount Rainier, Maryland
“SOLO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and I was very pleased. I stayed in a King room non-smoking and it was clean and comfortable. Staff is very helpful. It has in indoor pool and a small restaurant within the hotel. However, there are many different restaurants and take-out places within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thanks for the nice review about our hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our property and I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Tricia Meyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Rooms are clean and quiet. No smell. Got a very friendly staff. Shopping and restaurants are located nearby for choice. I enjoyed the stay every minute. And of course you can eat-in if you are too lazy to walk out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thanks for recommending us on Trip Advisor. We thank you for reviewing us as it lets us know how we are doing and how to better serve our guests. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us next time you are in the area.

Have a wonderful day,

Telford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Exactly what I would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. Check in was quick, front desk personnel were nice and competent. Nice, clean hotel, comfy bed, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge. The fitness center has 2 treadmills, an elliptical, one of those 10 in 1 type weight machines, a bench, freeweights, exercise ball, and medicine balls. I didn't use the pool; it's pretty small, better for families with kids than someone looking to swim laps, and there was a lifeguard there when I walked past. It's located right off a nifty little plaza so IHOP, Qdoba, Five Guys, TGIF, Chick Fil A, etc. are within walking distance. It's a few minutes down the road from a Giant food market, Starbucks, Target, and a few minutes the opposite way there is a Trader Joe's. With all those options I had no need to eat in the hotel so I can't attest to the quality of food. I was only here for two nights so didn't feel the need to have housekeeping clean my room. Oh, and the shower has great water pressure! Woke up and had my receipt under my door. No problems here, would definitely stay again if business brings me back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon Melissa,

WOW! Thanks for the awesome review. I think you covered every topic! We really appreciate all feedback and are so happy you took the time to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel if your business travel allows it.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Typical HGI. This is a good thing...no surprises...it looks the same in every city. This one is 2 years old...I thought it was older and I thought it was rather expensive but...location...location...location. Hmmm.
There are a few stores and restaurants in walking distance...nothing great tho.
Glad work pays for this one.

• Stayed September 2012
Good morning,

We appreciate the review about our hotel. I see that you stayed with us on a weekday and as you could probably tell, our hotel is a very corporate driven. The rates do fluctuate dependent on season and on weekday versus weekend. Depending on how much you and others travel to this area with your company, we are able to set up discounted rates based on travel patterns and need in the area. If this is something you are interested in, please feel free to contact me at the hotel at (301) 622-3333. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Thanks and have a great day,

Frenchtown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

As others have said, a newer hotel w/ clean rooms. The location is good (not far from 95, plenty of restaurants within walking distance). A Great value for the area.
Downtown Silver Spring is a short drive, with top restaurants and entertainment.

Room Tip: The ice/beverage machine room is enclosed in it's own room, so no need to worrry about noise fro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Good morning,

Thanks for the review and taking the time to write it. We certainly do appreciate the kind words and we are pleased you had a pleasant stay. Please come back next time you are in the area. We would be happy to welcome you as our guest again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here on the long weekend for a wedding and weekend getaway to DC. We had a great stay -- the hotel is clean, new and comfortable, and also conveniently located right beside restaurants and a target. It had great style for a great price, and we were more than happy with the stay.

We actually drove into DC for our day trips, but had planned to take the Metro, being so close. The drive was about 30-40 mins on a weekend.

I'd recommend this area and hotel to someone travelling to DC. Downtown Silver Springs has a lot to offer, and this hotel is so nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review for us. We are happy you enjoyed your time spent here and hope that you will stay with us next time you are in the area.

Thanks again and have a great day,

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked a room here for my parents and grandparents who were visiting me over labor day weekend. The hotel is new and clean, and I was able to get a handicapped room that was more spacious and accesible for my grandparents. For the room rate, my family was very satisifed with the room and services. They also slept very well on the beds. It would have been nice if continental breakfast was included, but they did have a restaraunt in the lobby for those who wanted to pay and eat there. I would not hesitate to book a room here in the future for myself (we have power outtages several times a year, sometimes days at a time!) or for oyther friends/family visiting, as this hotel is only a mile or two away from our place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Good afternoon,

I am happy to see that you chose to host your parents and grandparents at our hotel over the holiday weekend. I am glad you noticed we were a newer hotel and took advantage of one of our large handicapped rooms. We take pride in our hotel and we appreciate the positive feedback you have given us. We hope you will get the chance to stay with us one day in the future. We would be honored to welcome you as our guest. Thanks again for the kind review.

Tricia Meyer

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North? Share your experiences!