“Location...location...location” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
“Location...location...location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Typical HGI. This is a good thing...no surprises...it looks the same in every city. This one is 2 years old...I thought it was older and I thought it was rather expensive but...location...location...location. Hmmm.
There are a few stores and restaurants in walking distance...nothing great tho.
Glad work pays for this one.

• Stayed September 2012
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Good morning,

We appreciate the review about our hotel. I see that you stayed with us on a weekday and as you could probably tell, our hotel is a very corporate driven. The rates do fluctuate dependent on season and on weekday versus weekend. Depending on how much you and others travel to this area with your company, we are able to set up discounted rates based on travel patterns and need in the area. If this is something you are interested in, please feel free to contact me at the hotel at (301) 622-3333. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Thanks and have a great day,

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Frenchtown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

As others have said, a newer hotel w/ clean rooms. The location is good (not far from 95, plenty of restaurants within walking distance). A Great value for the area.
Downtown Silver Spring is a short drive, with top restaurants and entertainment.

Room Tip: The ice/beverage machine room is enclosed in it's own room, so no need to worrry about noise fro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Good morning,

Thanks for the review and taking the time to write it. We certainly do appreciate the kind words and we are pleased you had a pleasant stay. Please come back next time you are in the area. We would be happy to welcome you as our guest again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here on the long weekend for a wedding and weekend getaway to DC. We had a great stay -- the hotel is clean, new and comfortable, and also conveniently located right beside restaurants and a target. It had great style for a great price, and we were more than happy with the stay.

We actually drove into DC for our day trips, but had planned to take the Metro, being so close. The drive was about 30-40 mins on a weekend.

I'd recommend this area and hotel to someone travelling to DC. Downtown Silver Springs has a lot to offer, and this hotel is so nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review for us. We are happy you enjoyed your time spent here and hope that you will stay with us next time you are in the area.

Thanks again and have a great day,

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked a room here for my parents and grandparents who were visiting me over labor day weekend. The hotel is new and clean, and I was able to get a handicapped room that was more spacious and accesible for my grandparents. For the room rate, my family was very satisifed with the room and services. They also slept very well on the beds. It would have been nice if continental breakfast was included, but they did have a restaraunt in the lobby for those who wanted to pay and eat there. I would not hesitate to book a room here in the future for myself (we have power outtages several times a year, sometimes days at a time!) or for oyther friends/family visiting, as this hotel is only a mile or two away from our place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Good afternoon,

I am happy to see that you chose to host your parents and grandparents at our hotel over the holiday weekend. I am glad you noticed we were a newer hotel and took advantage of one of our large handicapped rooms. We take pride in our hotel and we appreciate the positive feedback you have given us. We hope you will get the chance to stay with us one day in the future. We would be honored to welcome you as our guest. Thanks again for the kind review.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed in Silver Spring for 5 days and chose this hotel for its location. My King room was a good size, comfortable, and in a good location within the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and it was the first time I slept on a Sleep Number bed! I did have several good nights sleep here.

The bathroom seemed very modern and classy, but the glass shower door was somewhat difficult to maneuver. It opens toward the toilet and because of the proximity to the toilet, opening the door to walk into shower was an interesting experience. The shower head is also right next to the door and quite high for this 5'3" lady. I needed to adjust the shower head away from the door when the water was turned on because it was easy to splash water all over the pretty tile floor. But I noticed that was done for me by housekeeping, so was not really an issue. I did like the large size of the walk-in shower, the water pressure was unbelievably wonderful and the shower head was adjustable for different pressures. I really enjoyed my morning shower just thought the layout was "interesting". I also wish that all hotels would provide larger thicker floor mats.

I did eat breakfast the first two mornings and found the buffet style choices to be pretty standard. They will also cook eggs and omelettes for you. There is an IHOP close by and I ate there several times also.

This hotel seems newer; it was clean and seemed well-maintained. I had one issue that I reported and it was resolved very quickly. I was also given a breakfast voucher for my inconvenience. There was ample parking and I found a good well-lit spot each evening.

The location is good, its tucked away from Highway 29 and Tech road and is easily accessible to numerous restaurants, shopping and highways. The staff was courteous and accommodating. I definitely enjoyed my stay at this hotel and may return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thanks so much for the awesome review about our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System bed and our showers. We appreciate the kind words and will share your review with our team. We hope you will stay with us again someday!

Have a great day,

Silver City, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and what a disappointment. The room was dirty, there was hair in the bathroom, when we called the front desk, the staff was very accommodating, but the GM was no where to be found. Seems like she was never at the hotel. The area was perfect but we will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TriciaMeyer, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Good afternoon Ms. Donita,

I have received your review of our hotel and assure you this is not business as usual here at the Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North. If you could please take a moment to contact me directly at the hotel I would love the opporunity to further discuss your stay. It is with feedback like your own that we are able to grow.

At your service,

Kelsey Gage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed 3 weeks in this hotel. Room is clean and comfortable. Hotel staff is hospitable and helpful. Great location as there easy access to 7 eleven and restaurants nearby. Overall great value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thanks for the great feedback about our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your 3 week stay with us. I am also glad you found our location convenient. We hope you will stay with us next time you are in the area.

Thanks,

Tricia Meyer

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North? Share your experiences!