“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

What a welcome change from another well known chain hotel located near my inlaw's home in Chevy Chase Washington DC. Very comfortable, clean rooms, free wi-fi, small in room fridge and coffeemaker...the only thing missing was a robe but at this price I certainly didn't expect one. A pantry next to check-in offers a nice variety of snacks and sundries including a microwaveable entree if you miss dinner at the restaurant. Cold fresh lemon flavored water and a plate of warm cookies greeted us every afternoon. We didn't try the $10.95 breakfast buffet but it looked pretty extensive from the lobby. All in all a very positive experience. One caution - our room only had a shower so if a tub is a must you should make that known when you reserve.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Good day,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a spectacular review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is so gratifying to know we were a pleasant surprise and a nice change from what you are used too. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Check in was the quickest I've ever experienced. Staff was friendly and there was complimentary juice and excellent cookies set out in the lobby. I'm not sure if there was much business in the hotel but it was very quiet. Our room faced the back of the hotel which looks out onto what seems to be a warehouse, but it wasn't industrial with a lot of trucks moving through. I requested an extra hour for check out and the front desk clerk happily obliged. Check out was quick and easy by just pressing a button on the phone. Overall, pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thanks for writing a review for us and such a great one at that. We really appreciate you taking time to comment on our hotel and let us know how we are doing. It is rewarding to us to hear such encouraging feedback. We look forward to serving you as our guest again soon.

Have a great day,
Belmont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I organized a 10+ person multi-day corporate meeting. I had years of experince with a nearby hotel and wanted a change. I was expecting an average experience and received that, however for the price I rate it a good value.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, no complaints. Neutrogena products in the bathroom.There are refrigerators, which is nice, and a pantry in the lobby.

Our food and beverages were delivered on time to the meeting space. The AV equipment worked. The quality of the food is typical Maryland outer suburbs, which means mediocre to lame. The breakfast is safe if you stick to creal, fruit, yogurt and bagels/toast. Salads are typical pale orange, not red, tomatoes, sliced onions, a couple of croutons and the old creamy italian dressing. Order the sandwich wraps for a group and don't bother with the sandwich selection. Better yet, go to Panera Bread across the street in the shopping center.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Good afternoon Erica,

I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for posting this review. We appreciate the feedback as we use it to continuously improve and to use for training topics. It was a pleasure working with you and helping to host your event while you were here. I hope that if you come again, you will reach out to me.

Thanks again for hosting your event with us,
Yorktown Heights, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I had to stay at this hotel for business for 9 nights in August. From the moment I walked in the door, I was treated like I was important. Everyone went out of their way to make my stay the best it could be. Breakfast is great in the am and after a long day, going to the bar for dinner was great. There is a regular travelling crowd there and lots of conversation and the crab cakes are excellent. The rooms are large and clean. The beds are some type of sleep number which take a litlle bit of getting used to but all in all they provide a good nights sleep. The hotel is next to a shopping center with many retail eateries and a mile fro Target and Kohls. All in all, the hotel is an excellent choice for travellers to Silver Spring Md.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

I want you to know how much I sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you have offered about our hotel. I know that when you travel for an extended amount of time, many times the hotel employees become your family away from home. I am happy to see you felt welcome and important because you are! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will stay with us again if you ever travel to Silver Spring.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here during the US Open (golf) at Congressional in Bethesda. The hotel was clean, friendly and accommodating. There are several chain restaurants nearby. However, we did take two evening meals at the hotel and found them to be excellent. After a long day at the golf course we went back to the hotel and asked the kitchen to prepare something for us. They were more than helpful, suggesting menu items and then sending us off to our room to shower and change while our meal was prepared. Both dinners were excellent, and we are picky about where we eat. Also, we decided to have our grandson stay with us one night, and the hotel was very accommodating in getting us a rollaway bed for him and having it in our room. We have no complaints and will stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us. I was also glad to see you had the chance to enjoy dinner in our restaurant. We do what we can to try and exceed our guests' expectations. It gives me pride to know that our staff was helpful to you. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in the area.

ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed here Aug 26th-Aug 28th, was evacuated from Long Island and made a mini vacation out of it to see family and bunker down in Maryland. Couldn't ask for anything more from a Hotel. We were greeted with cookies and Virgin Mojjitos in the lobby, The rooms were big and clean with fridge and microwave. We loved the free WII FII! Loved the comfy beds!! And loveddd the breakfast down in the lobby too, we had the buffet and it was soooo good! Def recommend this place. Its right next door to a Chi-Fil-A, TGI Friday's, and 711 too which was very convenient! They also took very good care of their guests during the storm.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Good afternoon,

I am so happy that you were pleased with your accommodations; especially because I am sure evacuating your home was not necessarily pleasant! We definitely made it top priority to be as prepared as possible during the storm and I am glad you were satisfied here. We would love to have you as our guest again soon. Under better circumstances of course!

Thanks for the review and have a great day!
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Terrific place to stay. Clean, modern, great beds, attentive staff, free use of business center. Would stay here every time I visit the area except that I sometimes travel with a pet (not allowed) and if going to DC, it is not convenient to public transportation as are the hotels in downtown Silver Spring.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
TriciaMeyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Good morning,

I wanted to thank you for giving us such a great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time spent with us. We look forward to having you as our guest next time you are in the area.

Have a great day,
Tricia Meyer

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North? Share your experiences!