“A pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B at Lansdowne Way

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver Spring
B&B at Lansdowne Way
Complimentary bottle of wine
Rome, Italy
“A pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've found this B&B here on tripadvisor, and I agree with the best comments already sent. The Lansdowne B&B is simple, neat, relaxing, friendly. What else? Missing more compliments to define Christina's hospitality. More, the B&B is located in a safe area, with a fast metro connection to the centre of Washington at walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi Pierluigi,

I very much enjoyed having you again. I strive for an excellent review every time, as it helps to keep my B&B at the top of the ratings. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope to see you again soon.

bblansdowneway@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We came for two nights to Washington DC and wanted somewhere quiet, convenient and pleasant, away from all the commotion yet close to public transportation. We wanted something intimate. That's exactly what we found in the Lansdowne Way B&B andour gracious host Christina.
The place is at the quiet Silver spring suburb and is better than any hotel or motel there. It is just a 5-6 minute walk to the metro station which brings you to downtown DC and the national mall in just a nice and comfortable 20 minute ride. The breakfast was delicious, the room was adorable. The front porch was very nice to sit in and relax after a long day of sight seeing. Christina was very helpful and accomodating.
Our only critique was the bed, which was a bit small. Other than that, we had a great time, got our money's woth, would definitely go back there if we ever want to return to DC, and reccomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Nir,

I very much enjoyed having you again. I noticed the review was "very good." I strive for an excellent review every time, as it helps to keep my B&B at the top of the ratings. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay. But, if there is anything I can do to improve for you and other future guests, I would appreciate hearing from you. I do hope to see you again soon. Maybe the next conference. (smiles)

bblansdowneway@gmail.com
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have made Lansdowne Way my regular stay when in DC. Convenient to the metro line and located away from the urban pulse in a quiet, tree-lined neighborhood. Christina fixes a great spread and is a generous and helpful host. No reason to go anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Keith,

I very much enjoyed having you again. Your excellent review helps to keep my B&B at the top of the ratings. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope to see you again soon. Maybe the next conference. (smiles)

Nashville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This bed and breakfast was wonderful and Christina was most gracious, helpful, and warm. She showed me how easy it would be to catch a bus (when it rained) and to have a lovely and easy walk to and from my meetings all week in downtown Silver Spring. She also sent me detailed directions on taking the Metro from the airport which saved me at least $70 each way if I had taken a cab. I also saved considerable money staying here instead of one of the hotels downtown. I must add that the bed was exceptionally comfortable, the towels were plush, the decor was unique and beautiful, and the breakfast of fresh fruit from Christina's garden was a wonderful way to start each day. I also found it meaningful that Christina works for a non-profit that serves the needs of orphans in Africa. I would most definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this B & B.

Room Tip: During my stay I had the pleasure of sleeping both in the small room and the large upstairs room and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi Lynn,

I very much enjoyed having you. Your excellent review helps to keep my B&B at the top of the ratings. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope to see you again soon. Maybe the next conference. (smiles)

Bexley, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very comfortable B&B in a quiet, safe neighborhood, with free parking. The full breakfast was delicious - made to order, with fresh strawberries from the garden. Christina is a great hostess, caring and accommodating. We had to leave very early in the morning for our departing flight (way before breakfast), but Christina made sure there were pastries and fruit for us. I'd definitely stay here again if traveling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The African Tapestry room is by itself, upstairs. It has it's own large bathroom and sitting are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks, Herb
Your excellent review is greatly appreciated. WIshing you both all the best.
La Mirada, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at this wonderful bed and breakfast. We spent 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room was fantastic. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was prompt and delicious. Christina was very warm and accommodating. Christina is a very nice person. My wife and I enjoyed her two cats. The cats were adorable. The neighborhood is safe and quiet. The walk to the Metro is about eight minutes and it is a very safe walk. You do not have to cross any major intersections. There is a pedestrian bridge that takes you directly to the Metro. We did not rent a car so we used the Metro on a daily basis. It took twenty minutes to get into central DC. Do not rent a car. The Metro is extremely efficient and cost effective. You can not stay at any quality hotel in DC that includes breakfast for what you will pay at Christina's place. It is a great place and we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Ed,
Your review was wonderful and greatly appreciated. I really hope to see you again the next time you come to the East coast!
Best to you and Candy,
Dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

While visiting family in Silver Spring, we chose the B&B at Lansdowne Way. It is a very nice home in a residential area close to I495 and two close Metro stops. The Innkeeper, Christine, does a nice job of being welcoming without overbearing. Breakfast is healthy fruit, yogurt, bread and eggs prepared by Christine. Rooms are very comfortable. Comfortable common reading room and front porch. You want for nothing.

Room Tip: Ask for Africa suite upstairs. Main floor rooms do not have locks on doors. Sometimes you may find...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your remarks and will keep them in mind in the future.
Christina

Been to B&B at Lansdowne Way? Share your experiences!