“Wonderful stay-highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B at Lansdowne Way

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver Spring
B&B at Lansdowne Way
Complimentary bottle of wine
Nashville, Indiana
“Wonderful stay-highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This bed and breakfast was wonderful and Christina was most gracious, helpful, and warm. She showed me how easy it would be to catch a bus (when it rained) and to have a lovely and easy walk to and from my meetings all week in downtown Silver Spring. She also sent me detailed directions on taking the Metro from the airport which saved me at least $70 each way if I had taken a cab. I also saved considerable money staying here instead of one of the hotels downtown. I must add that the bed was exceptionally comfortable, the towels were plush, the decor was unique and beautiful, and the breakfast of fresh fruit from Christina's garden was a wonderful way to start each day. I also found it meaningful that Christina works for a non-profit that serves the needs of orphans in Africa. I would most definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this B & B.

Room Tip: During my stay I had the pleasure of sleeping both in the small room and the large upstairs room and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi Lynn,

I very much enjoyed having you. Your excellent review helps to keep my B&B at the top of the ratings. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope to see you again soon. Maybe the next conference. (smiles)

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bexley, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very comfortable B&B in a quiet, safe neighborhood, with free parking. The full breakfast was delicious - made to order, with fresh strawberries from the garden. Christina is a great hostess, caring and accommodating. We had to leave very early in the morning for our departing flight (way before breakfast), but Christina made sure there were pastries and fruit for us. I'd definitely stay here again if traveling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The African Tapestry room is by itself, upstairs. It has it's own large bathroom and sitting are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks, Herb
Your excellent review is greatly appreciated. WIshing you both all the best.
La Mirada, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at this wonderful bed and breakfast. We spent 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room was fantastic. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was prompt and delicious. Christina was very warm and accommodating. Christina is a very nice person. My wife and I enjoyed her two cats. The cats were adorable. The neighborhood is safe and quiet. The walk to the Metro is about eight minutes and it is a very safe walk. You do not have to cross any major intersections. There is a pedestrian bridge that takes you directly to the Metro. We did not rent a car so we used the Metro on a daily basis. It took twenty minutes to get into central DC. Do not rent a car. The Metro is extremely efficient and cost effective. You can not stay at any quality hotel in DC that includes breakfast for what you will pay at Christina's place. It is a great place and we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Ed,
Your review was wonderful and greatly appreciated. I really hope to see you again the next time you come to the East coast!
Best to you and Candy,
Dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

While visiting family in Silver Spring, we chose the B&B at Lansdowne Way. It is a very nice home in a residential area close to I495 and two close Metro stops. The Innkeeper, Christine, does a nice job of being welcoming without overbearing. Breakfast is healthy fruit, yogurt, bread and eggs prepared by Christine. Rooms are very comfortable. Comfortable common reading room and front porch. You want for nothing.

Room Tip: Ask for Africa suite upstairs. Main floor rooms do not have locks on doors. Sometimes you may find...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your remarks and will keep them in mind in the future.
Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second visit to the B&B at Lansdowne Way. Our son and family live in Silver Spring, and since their home is small, it works well for us to spend our day and evening with them, and then retire to the cozy and comfortable surroundings here. On this visit, the owner Christina's daughter, Morgan, was our hostess and she did an excellent job taking care of us.
We love the location where we can easily walk to the Metro and the neighborhood is a pleasant place for an after dinner stroll. We recommend staying here for anyone who wants to relax after spending time touring or traveling in the D.C. area. Julie L.

Room Tip: We have stayed both upstairs and down and both areas have extremely comfortable beds. Upstairs offe...
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you felt at home here. I hope to see you again in the near future.
Safe Journeys,
Kobe, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am from Japan. I stay at 4 weeks at the B&B for Study Abroad Programme at Silver Spring.(Now it is eleventh day, actually.)
The host, Christina is so kind, and warm. I was nervous before I came here alone, but soon felt relief when I arrived here. Now I feel like at my home.
The room is kept clean and the interior is also nice.
The house is in quiet neighborhood. I can walk to the nearest metro station in about 5 minutes, go sightseeing in holiday.
When I come to Washington DC again, I would like to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Akiko,
It was so good to have you stay here at the B&B at Lansdowne Way. I am glad you enjoyed time spent in DC and wish you many good journeys.

Warm regards,
Randallstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I just returned from three nights at the B&B at Landsdowne Way during a period when we celebrated my wife's birthday. She had never been to a bed and breakfast and I could not have made a better choice. Our kingsize bed, the large bathtub (with shower) and access to cable and Net Flix in a separate room helped make our stay delightful. The entire suite was beautifully decorated. We also enjoyed the delicious breakfasts - our favorites were the nut and raisin loaves, the fresh berries and the french toast. The location is ideal - in a quiet neighborhood withiin easy walking distance to the metro which made our plans to visit the Smithsonian museums, the White House and to spend time in Union Station so easily accessible. The location is just one subway stop to the center of Silver Spring which is such a wonderfullly diverse neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants where people feel safe spending their evenings outside. We had not had a vacation in a long time and I could not have made a better choice as to where to stay.

Room Tip: We chose the suite with the private bath - I believe it is called the African Tapestry Room or Suite...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
It was a pleasure to treat you and your wife on her birthday. Thank you so much for the favorable review. We look forward to your next visit!
Warm regards,
Christina

Been to B&B at Lansdowne Way? Share your experiences!