“Wonderful Stay At B&B at Lansdowne way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B at Lansdowne Way

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver Spring
B&B at Lansdowne Way
2009 Lansdowne Way, Silver Spring, MD 20910   |
La Mirada, California
“Wonderful Stay At B&B at Lansdowne way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at this wonderful bed and breakfast. We spent 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room was fantastic. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was prompt and delicious. Christina was very warm and accommodating. Christina is a very nice person. My wife and I enjoyed her two cats. The cats were adorable. The neighborhood is safe and quiet. The walk to the Metro is about eight minutes and it is a very safe walk. You do not have to cross any major intersections. There is a pedestrian bridge that takes you directly to the Metro. We did not rent a car so we used the Metro on a daily basis. It took twenty minutes to get into central DC. Do not rent a car. The Metro is extremely efficient and cost effective. You can not stay at any quality hotel in DC that includes breakfast for what you will pay at Christina's place. It is a great place and we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Ed,
Your review was wonderful and greatly appreciated. I really hope to see you again the next time you come to the East coast!
Best to you and Candy,

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

While visiting family in Silver Spring, we chose the B&B at Lansdowne Way. It is a very nice home in a residential area close to I495 and two close Metro stops. The Innkeeper, Christine, does a nice job of being welcoming without overbearing. Breakfast is healthy fruit, yogurt, bread and eggs prepared by Christine. Rooms are very comfortable. Comfortable common reading room and front porch. You want for nothing.

Room Tip: Ask for Africa suite upstairs. Main floor rooms do not have locks on doors. Sometimes you may find...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your remarks and will keep them in mind in the future.
Best,
Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second visit to the B&B at Lansdowne Way. Our son and family live in Silver Spring, and since their home is small, it works well for us to spend our day and evening with them, and then retire to the cozy and comfortable surroundings here. On this visit, the owner Christina's daughter, Morgan, was our hostess and she did an excellent job taking care of us.
We love the location where we can easily walk to the Metro and the neighborhood is a pleasant place for an after dinner stroll. We recommend staying here for anyone who wants to relax after spending time touring or traveling in the D.C. area. Julie L.

Room Tip: We have stayed both upstairs and down and both areas have extremely comfortable beds. Upstairs offe...
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you felt at home here. I hope to see you again in the near future.
Safe Journeys,
Kobe, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am from Japan. I stay at 4 weeks at the B&B for Study Abroad Programme at Silver Spring.(Now it is eleventh day, actually.)
The host, Christina is so kind, and warm. I was nervous before I came here alone, but soon felt relief when I arrived here. Now I feel like at my home.
The room is kept clean and the interior is also nice.
The house is in quiet neighborhood. I can walk to the nearest metro station in about 5 minutes, go sightseeing in holiday.
When I come to Washington DC again, I would like to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Akiko,
It was so good to have you stay here at the B&B at Lansdowne Way. I am glad you enjoyed time spent in DC and wish you many good journeys.

Randallstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I just returned from three nights at the B&B at Landsdowne Way during a period when we celebrated my wife's birthday. She had never been to a bed and breakfast and I could not have made a better choice. Our kingsize bed, the large bathtub (with shower) and access to cable and Net Flix in a separate room helped make our stay delightful. The entire suite was beautifully decorated. We also enjoyed the delicious breakfasts - our favorites were the nut and raisin loaves, the fresh berries and the french toast. The location is ideal - in a quiet neighborhood withiin easy walking distance to the metro which made our plans to visit the Smithsonian museums, the White House and to spend time in Union Station so easily accessible. The location is just one subway stop to the center of Silver Spring which is such a wonderfullly diverse neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants where people feel safe spending their evenings outside. We had not had a vacation in a long time and I could not have made a better choice as to where to stay.

Room Tip: We chose the suite with the private bath - I believe it is called the African Tapestry Room or Suite...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
It was a pleasure to treat you and your wife on her birthday. Thank you so much for the favorable review. We look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

During a visit to DC we stayed at the B&B at Lansdowne Way. It was the best experience at a B&B that I have ever had! The house is on a beautiful tree lined street tucked away in this cozy neighborhood. It is close to the Metro if you don't feel like driving your car. Beautiful house, inside and out. The rooms are nice and cozy and yet big and comfortable. The breakfast that the host had ready for us ( she asked us what time we wanted to be served) was fabulous. Fresh fruits from her garden. French toast made from homemade bread. It was just the best experience. The hostess was very gracious and accommodating.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BBlandsdowneWay, Owner at B&B at Lansdowne Way, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
It was very nice to have you. I am very grateful for the kind remarks and wish you all the best in the future. I hope to see you again very soon.
Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently enjoyed 5 nights at this comfortable, tucked away spot with easy access to the Metro. We loved the pampering towels and great bed. Breakfasts were healthy and a perfect way to enjoy the fresh fruits from the garden. Our hostess was helpful and always pleasant. We were touring with our son and family during the day, and came back to relax and enjoy a peaceful evening. We would recommend the B&B at Lansdowne Way to anyone visiting the Baltimore/D.C. area. The Leachmans from Georgia

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It was great to have you come again in 2013. I hope you will continue to join us in our little B&B and enjoy your family and DC. You are wonderful guests, an easy and interesting couple.
Christina

Been to B&B at Lansdowne Way? Share your experiences!