“Diversity situation but just okay Greek” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 322 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Their phone number is 301-495-2912. They opened the first week of March 2009. I ate there for the first time today and would like to leave a recommendation.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Diversity situation but just okay Greek”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stopped at a Greek restaurant for a snack today. It was staffed entirely by Salvadorans. We sat next to a family of Ghanaians in going to church clothes. There were also a few tables of Anglos and African Americans. I like living in DC.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Silver Spring, MD
“Delicious Greek food at a reasonable cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is our favorite Greek restaurant in the Silver Spring area. Nothing fancy. Simply, delicious Gyro, Musaka, Greek salad and many other choices. Authentic, tasty, and very reasonably priced. Great service! What's not to like,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
virginia
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were visiting my daughter and she suggested we try the Big Greek Cafe. It was so GOOD!! My husband had the roasted Greek chicken and it had the best flavor and so juicy. My daughter and I had the Greek Gyro Platter with the Greek french fries. Loved the Feta cheese and herbs on the fries. Wish I had some right now. The portion sizes are very large so it is a great value for the money.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely go back when we return to the area.

At first we thought the parking was going to be a hassle, but there is a parking garage one block over and it is free on the weekends so it was no big deal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whitehouse, New Jersey
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went here for dinner not once, but TWICE during our recent 4-day trip to Silver Spring. My husband and I love Greek food, and the food and portions here were excellent. After our first dinner, we went somewhere else the next night and really wanted more of their food for the last night of our stay. Try their Spanakopita and Baklava!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I thought their chicken was dry and not no enough seasoning. Save your money and go to the other Greek Place closer to downtown Silver Spring.