“Good Hampton and location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $99
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Westchester, NY
“Good Hampton and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for a night while visiting DC, the hotel is just north of DC 18 minutes on the Red Line Metro (4 blocks from the hotel). The benefit is this hotel is right off the beltway and very close to where 95 meets it so its very easy to get to from the north. The hotel is a shared facility with the Homefield Suites, room was spacious and comfortable. Service friendly and on top of everything.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Riverside Cty
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our first impression of this hotel was the cramped driveway off a very busy street. Traffic on Colesville is always crazy and you need to pull into a small circle drive...this is made difficult by visitor's cars and hotel shuttles parking on either side of the entrance drive...it's a bit like threading a needle! There are lots of staff to park your car and help you with your luggage but I choose Hampton Inns because I don't want others to do those things for me. I don't carry so much luggage that I need a bellman and I prefer to park my own car rather than pay valet. Neither of those is an option at this property. I knew parking was not included and would be an addtional $15 per day but I want to leave when I'm ready and don't like waiting or asking for my car 20 minutes before I want to leave. This was my first visit to a large east coast city so perhaps this is typical.

Breakfast was good and while crowded during the Cherry Blossom Festival and Spring Break period, there always seemed to be a seat. The food was kept hot and well stocked including the typical breakfast from Hampton: rotating egg dishes, waffles and breads, pastries, grits or oatmeal, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.

Staff was helpful and responsive when needed. Hallways were noisy when the student groups returned each night and it reminded me of the need for hotels to segregate these groups whenever possible. Our room was fairly quiet but our friends room had rattling water pipes and reduced pressure when showering.

There is a shopping and restaurant complex about 2 blocks away as well as many other storefronts within a 4 block radius. The hotel had a laundry room with 2 washers and dryers. The computer in the Executive Room had incredibly slow internet and the printer wasn't working our entire stay however the front desk offered to print what we needed.

Room Tip: If you are there during the typical student travel period....ask to be on a different floor from the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Regional D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello mrsanderson!
Thanks for your honest feedback. We enjoy hearing from our guest and we appreciate your kind words about your stay. However, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while parking at our property. We will keep your comments in mind as we are always working to improve our guest's experience. If you are ever back on the east coast, we would love another chance to provide you with a great stay. Thanks again for your review.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed four nights while visiting family. This was an excellent hotel for the price. I initially choose it because of the indoor pool for the kids as I knew we were in for some inclement weather. Clean, comfortable, up-to date. Loved the beds, quiet and slept very well. Pool was great for the kids-they loved it while it was cold and rainy outside. The pool opened at 4:00pm on weekdays which was a little disappointing. The weekend life guard was super helpful and friendly, with tips about the area. I would have prefered self parking on sight, and valet parking added extra cost to the stay. However, as I found out in a stay at another hotel the trade off for self parking is that it is noisy. When your hotel room faces the parking lot, you hear the comings and goings of all your neighbors. breakfast self serve buffet was more than decent and convenient. Great location. Very close to the metro station. If I had done my home work I might have skipped the rental car and arranged for hotel shuttle to/from airport and used metro to sight see in D.C. I want to mention Angela in house keeping for being so helpful and friendly. There were many other staff who were wonderful, who's names I unfortunately didn't get.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

When we pulled up to the hotel, we were greeted right away by the staff working behind the front desk. We were able to Valet park our car (for a small fee) which is very convenient when traveling with a 2-yr old baby. The room was very clean and Bathroom was nice, too. The 2 queen beds were more than enough for my family, were very comfortable, and they seemed very clean as well. In the morning, the spread at the continental breakfast was pretty impressive (for a "continental" breakfast) and the robust coffee was actually robust. The only issue I encountered was that I assumed there would be a fridge/microwave in the room, but apparently those don't come standard. When I asked the woman at the desk, she was able to locate a fridge and get it in my room the next day. Overall, with a courteous staff, clean room/beds, and good breakfast, you would be hard pressed to find a better value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nesconset, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as my base for some DC sightseeing. The room was fresh and clean. The nice firm mattress allowed me to sleep very well. The complimentary continental breakfast was very good. As is typical in many downtown locations, there is valet parking. I prefer to be able to come and go without valet, but the service was quick each time I needed it. Overall, this Hampton Inn provided a good value for my short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Belmar, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

we stayed here for a weekend and booked 3 separate rooms at the same time and the same price for all three. The first room was ready and we had to get ready for an event so we all piled into this room to get ready and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. It had a separate area with a couch and chair and sitting area. when we got back all the rooms were ready and the second room was not as big and only had a chair and table. the third room (my room) had just a small chair in the corner and was much smaller than the other rooms yet I paid the same price plus an arm and a leg for parking. Rather unfair that all the rooms cost the same yet weren't the same. Strike 2 for the Hampton Inn... it's in a great location but it just isn't what you'd expect from the company.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Regional D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room. We strive to make sure all guests receive the room they are expecting. Once again, I apologize we were not able to accommodate your room choice during this stay at our hotel.
Irwin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed on a Friday night to attend a concert at the Filmore (walking distance-only about a block). We drove from Pittsburgh, PA, area which took us 3-1/2 hours. We left Pittsburgh earlier than we wanted because we were trying to beat the ice storm that was heading our way. We arrived around 11:30 and was able to check in at that time, which I thought was awesome. It is in a great location, within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly. Selected Hampton due to free continental breakfast which was good (nice variety). I was aware of the valet parking due to what I read on the internet. When making the reservation I double checked on the parking. It was $15 (think a little pricey but it would have cost me more for breakfast the next morning) but you could come and go as often as you liked. For us, there was no need to use our vehicles since the Filmore, shopping, and restaurants were all within walking distance. When we left breakfast, stopped at front desk to notify valet we were leaving so they could bring us our vehicles. We went to our rooms, got luggage, and checked out. Cars were sitting waiting for us. The hotel was clean, staff was very friendly, enjoyed the free breakfast (seating area was spacious), and was convenient to everything (walking distance). If I am back in the area I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I would have changed was to have a small refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Regional D, Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hello Sandi220!
We would like to thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We truly appreciate your thoughts and are thrilled you had a good time while visiting. We certainly hope to see you again the next time you are in the area for a visit!

Been to Hampton Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!