“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Nesconset, New York
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as my base for some DC sightseeing. The room was fresh and clean. The nice firm mattress allowed me to sleep very well. The complimentary continental breakfast was very good. As is typical in many downtown locations, there is valet parking. I prefer to be able to come and go without valet, but the service was quick each time I needed it. Overall, this Hampton Inn provided a good value for my short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Belmar, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

we stayed here for a weekend and booked 3 separate rooms at the same time and the same price for all three. The first room was ready and we had to get ready for an event so we all piled into this room to get ready and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. It had a separate area with a couch and chair and sitting area. when we got back all the rooms were ready and the second room was not as big and only had a chair and table. the third room (my room) had just a small chair in the corner and was much smaller than the other rooms yet I paid the same price plus an arm and a leg for parking. Rather unfair that all the rooms cost the same yet weren't the same. Strike 2 for the Hampton Inn... it's in a great location but it just isn't what you'd expect from the company.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Regional D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room. We strive to make sure all guests receive the room they are expecting. Once again, I apologize we were not able to accommodate your room choice during this stay at our hotel.
Irwin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed on a Friday night to attend a concert at the Filmore (walking distance-only about a block). We drove from Pittsburgh, PA, area which took us 3-1/2 hours. We left Pittsburgh earlier than we wanted because we were trying to beat the ice storm that was heading our way. We arrived around 11:30 and was able to check in at that time, which I thought was awesome. It is in a great location, within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly. Selected Hampton due to free continental breakfast which was good (nice variety). I was aware of the valet parking due to what I read on the internet. When making the reservation I double checked on the parking. It was $15 (think a little pricey but it would have cost me more for breakfast the next morning) but you could come and go as often as you liked. For us, there was no need to use our vehicles since the Filmore, shopping, and restaurants were all within walking distance. When we left breakfast, stopped at front desk to notify valet we were leaving so they could bring us our vehicles. We went to our rooms, got luggage, and checked out. Cars were sitting waiting for us. The hotel was clean, staff was very friendly, enjoyed the free breakfast (seating area was spacious), and was convenient to everything (walking distance). If I am back in the area I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I would have changed was to have a small refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Regional D, Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hello Sandi220!
We would like to thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We truly appreciate your thoughts and are thrilled you had a good time while visiting. We certainly hope to see you again the next time you are in the area for a visit!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here because it was a good deal ($89 with AAA discount) and Hamptons are generally of reasonable quality. This one was of reasonable quality, although not among the best of the Hamptons at which I've stayed. Small room. Loud heater. Decent breakfast was a bonus. Would stay there again if it's the best deal available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Regional D, Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello Donald S!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed on a recent Friday night to attend a concert at the Fillmore (which is only one block away). I got a great rate ($89). We didn’t use the valet parking, instead we parked just a block behind the hotel in the garage at the corner of Fenton and Cameron. For my stay everything was just as I expect a Hampton Inn to be. Check-in was a breeze, the room was clean, comfortable beds and the breakfast was the standard Hampton offerings. I will happily stay again to attend a concert at the Fillmore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Super nice staff. Life guard was super nice to watch 14 boys. Wonderful lobby to hang out in as a team. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was good. Great hotel for a traveling sports team. Nice hotel for a family for the price. Parking was a little ways away but they offer valet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I frequently stay here when I'm in town for business trips (every couple months). It's often the best value of the area hotels. The rooms are well maintained, staff is pleasant, and breakfast is included. The location is great - walk to metro, fabulous restaurants, and theatres.

I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to friends and family visiting the DC area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!