“Good value, average quality.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
From $99 with Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
“Good value, average quality.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here because it was a good deal ($89 with AAA discount) and Hamptons are generally of reasonable quality. This one was of reasonable quality, although not among the best of the Hamptons at which I've stayed. Small room. Loud heater. Decent breakfast was a bonus. Would stay there again if it's the best deal available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Regional D, Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello Donald S!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed on a recent Friday night to attend a concert at the Fillmore (which is only one block away). I got a great rate ($89). We didn’t use the valet parking, instead we parked just a block behind the hotel in the garage at the corner of Fenton and Cameron. For my stay everything was just as I expect a Hampton Inn to be. Check-in was a breeze, the room was clean, comfortable beds and the breakfast was the standard Hampton offerings. I will happily stay again to attend a concert at the Fillmore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Super nice staff. Life guard was super nice to watch 14 boys. Wonderful lobby to hang out in as a team. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was good. Great hotel for a traveling sports team. Nice hotel for a family for the price. Parking was a little ways away but they offer valet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I frequently stay here when I'm in town for business trips (every couple months). It's often the best value of the area hotels. The rooms are well maintained, staff is pleasant, and breakfast is included. The location is great - walk to metro, fabulous restaurants, and theatres.

I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to friends and family visiting the DC area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Orlando Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I just stayed at the the Hampton Inn Silver Springs, and used it for my "car-less vacation." We flew in to Reagan National Airport, and after about a 30 minute metro ride, we were at the Silver Springs station. After a 10 minute walk, we were at the hotel, and checked-in.

The staff was unbelievably friendly, the rooms were spotless, service was prompt, and the hotel felt incredibly safe.

The hotel is surrounded by lots of great local restaurants, and chain restaurants. (For some great Ethiopian Food try Abod just down the street).

I know that when I am back in DC I will stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Regional D, Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hello WDWZEUS!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are so happy that you had an enjoyable “car-less vacation" and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Huntersville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was here on business, seems to be a very good location, valet parking which is a bit frustrating ( i believe that should be on the booking screen so you can add it to your total expense)
this is an interesting hotel as it is homewood suites on one side and HI on the other--
nice breakfast, nice rooms

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hamptonssgm, Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for any confusion regarding parking and wehope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel only offer valet parking for $15 plus tips. Be prepared to wait at least 20 minutes each time you need your vehicle. Hotel location is in a tight spot and barely visible from the street on Colesville Road. No problems with the front desk staff as they are friendly and approachable. There are no refrigerators or microwave ovens in the rooms. The ice holder and portable coffee maker is kept in the bathroom...very unsanitary. The WiFi internet connectivity is extremely slow. Be aware of the lazy housekeeping staff. On day #2 of my stay, my room was half cleaned plus no wash cloths or towels were left. Called the front desk and 10 minutes later, wash cloths and towels were delivered. On day #3 I left my room at 8:30am and returned at 3pm to find my room completely un-made. I did not leave a "do not disturb" sign on my door. I called the front desk and expressed my concerns. After a heartfelt apology, I was told that housekeeping would be right up. After 40-minutes I called the front desk again and they were shocked housekeeping did not show up so they contacted them again and they finally showed up. The cleaning lady showed up angry as evidenced by her body language....she cleaned the bathroom extremely well, however, she did not wipe off the night stands and when she changed the bed linen I noticed later that night one of the pillow cases were dirty!!!

Excellent job with the free continental breakfast.

I would highly recommend selecting another hotel in the area. They have plenty to choose from. Don't be a disappointed out of town guest precipitated by the poor quality experienced from this hotel, Hampton Inn Silver Spring, Maryland.

• Stayed January 2013
hamptonssgm, Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff and we will make the necessary adjustments for our guest. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Been to Hampton Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!