“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Rochester
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our family booked this hotel so we could experience DC during the fourth of July Holiday. This hotel is conviently located near the Redline Metro. Downtown Silver Springs has many restaraunts to chose from. Great staff, braekfast and accomadations!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Paul L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Wendy S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing our warm and hospitable staff members.

When your travels take you to the Silver Spring again, we'd be honored to have you and your family stay with us again.

Paul Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is a good value. It's a longer walk to the Metro with luggage, but it's still fairly close. Lots of great restaurants and shopping steps away from the hotel. I would stay here again. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Paul L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Kristine D,

I'm Paul, general manager at the Homewood Suites Silver Spring. Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. Our hotel is within minutes away from the nearest metro station but we also do offer complimentary shuttle to/from Silver Spring metro station for guest convenience. Please let us know when you visit next time and we will ensure that we pick you up from the Silver Spring metro station.

Next time you're passing through, our team members will be glad to share even more local flavors with you. Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review. We hope to see you next time very soon!
Holly, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

When I first checked into the hotel I unpacked my clothes and cranked the AC to take a nap after a long trip on the plane and Metro. However as I lied there I noticed it wasn't getting any cooler than 74 degrees even after being there for an hour. Calling the front desk they sent a maintenance man and eventually got me a new room.

In my haste I forgot to grab a belt I left in the room. I called down and asked that they retrieve it for me since I no longer had a key to the room. They said they could not find the belt anywhere despite me telling them exactly where I had left it. Who in gods name steals a belt?!

The breakfast on the homewood side is honestly no better than the breakfast on the free hampton inn side. When I went to the hampton side to visit a friend the breakfast was essentially the same minus the ceramic plates on the homewood side. So if you want to save money by staying on the hampton side and usually stay on the homewood side because of breakfast do not bother.

The room quality once I got the correct room was great...however the incident with my missing belt and sub par breakfast left a bad taste in my mouth...no pun intended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Phil K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry about the lost & found experience that you had from us. We will search for your belt again to see if anything has been turned in to our Lost&Found department. In addition, I do apologize that you felt no difference between Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites breakfast menu. We do rotate our breakfast menu for both of our hotels to ensure that we provide an exceptional breakfast experience for all of our guests. The Homewood Suites do offer a complimentary dinner service in addition to breakfast for your value with your room rate.

Meanwhile, is there anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at 301-565-0005. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Silver Spring/DC area.
Aurora, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The regular bed and room was comfortable. The hide-a-bed was awful, but one of my sons was able to sleep on the couch, and we had brought a cot for the other one (the roll-aways didn't look much better than the hide-a-way.

That was the worst of the negatives. We were impressed with the weeknight meals -- nothing fancy, but not chicken nuggets & fries, either. One night was stuffed peppers, another was beef stroganoff. Breakfast was also a good mix of omelettes, cooked oatmeal or grits, and scrambled eggs.

The metro is a few blocks off, so it was easy to reach --- we didn't get back in the van for the whole week.

Pool was nice and hot tub was wonderful (and truly hot!) after a day of hoofing it around DC. Hours are a bit short - 4 to 10 pm - but it's also life-guarded, so that's a bonus. Exercise room was very nice, clean, with working equipment and full set of weights and other exercise equipment.

Laundry was pretty standard --- two front-loading washers and two dryers, coin-operated.

We were near the elevators and the ice machine, but never noticed either, so rooms were very quiet.

Silver Springs was a delightful surprise --- we picked this hotel because of the amenities, price, and proximity to DC. But Silver Springs itself has a great variety of restaurants (we tried Pot Bellies (a hit with the younger set), a Vietnamese place, and a place that specializes in rotisserie chicken -- we enjoyed all of them). The town was bustling in a happy kind of way --- kids playing in the fountain, people going for ice cream (yogurt shop, Ben & Jerry's, Coldstone Creamery), Whole Foods, street musicians. We happened on a blues festival Saturday night, but every night seemed like there was something going on.

Dear Barbara P,

I thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Silver Spring as a place of destination during your recent visit to DC area. I am glad to hear that our hotel has met and went above and beyond your expectation. I am delighted to hear that the quality of room, location of the hotel, and the overall breakfast/dinner experience at our NEW Lodge was wonderful.

We thank you for your business and hope to see you in the near future again.
Ruther Glen, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

A splendid Welcome awaits guests. The Metro Station to downtown DC is minutes away. Entire staff is very professional. Breakfast was fast and wholesome. Add room cost (versus a Downtown Hotel)into the "equation" and it the Value of staying here is off the Charts.

Dear Jim S,

Thank your for choosing Homewood Suites Silver Spring as a place of "home" during your recent visit to DC area. I am glad that our hotel location was ideal for you. Also, I am very happy to hear that our "Welcome" service met your expectation. It is always great to hear that our staff members are personalizing guest experience with our hotel.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the near future again.
Independence, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites during our family weeklong trip to Washington DC. It was a perfect place to stay after long days touring the city. We enjoyed the wonderful breakfasts and suppers and the private dining room. I would recommend Silver Springs as a place to stay close to the Metro but far enough to be away from the crowds

Dear Brian S,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm glad you and your familyhave enjoyed our hotel and the location during your recent visit to DC area. As you have stated, our hotel is within minutes away from nearest metro station and is an easy access to the DC overall. Also, I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with our breafast and dinner service in our NEW Lodge!

We hope to see you next time when your business or vacation brings you back to DC area.
Swampscott, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

For Silver Springs stays, this hotel beats them all. The all suites is great. Breakfast is complimentary and excellent. the rooms are ultra quiet and that is very important to me. They honored my requests on being on a high floor, away from elevator and ice machines. They allowed a 2 hour late checkout. The staff were very helpful.

Dear Robert F,

This is Paul Lee, general manager of the Homewood Suites Silver Spring. Thanks so much for your positive review! I am glad you have enjoyed staying at our property. And I am thrilled that you took the time to enjoy our hot complimentary breakfast each morning with your stay. I will sure to let my staff know that you greatly appreciated the helpfulness from the staff.

When your travels take you to the DC area again, we would be honored to have you stay with us again.

Been to Homewood Suites Silver Spring? Share your experiences!