“Homewood Spring Hill” 4 of 5 stars

From $109 with Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
“Homewood Spring Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Overall, great experience. A bit pricey. Clean and excellent service. First experience with two hotels under one roof. Facilities were clean and adequate which is important and especially to my wife. The whirlpool was wonderful. Didn't like wet floors in elevators, but sometimes customers aren't mindful of others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We've stayed at the Homewood Suites in Silver Spring many times over the past few years since our grown children live nearby. We are not overly picky but like a nice comfortable room, and these accommodations work for us. They include a large two-room suite with two flat screen TVs, a decent size bathroom, a kitchen (with cooktop, dishwasher, refrigerator, pots, pans and dishes for cooking), free internet access, a daily self-serve breakfast, and $15 a day valet parking (which is a bit pricey but not completely reasonable for the DC area). We have about a 7-hour drive to get to the city and usually bring a cooler of food and drinks with us. The hotel is also in close walking distance to many restaurants and stores in downtown Silver Spring for those who prefer not to bring their own snacks and drinks. The morning breakfast is okay--lots of variety, even if a bit heavy on the carbs. :) The Homewood Suites Silver Spring employees are usually quite helpful and friendly, and we've had no problems with check-in or check-out during our many stays. I particularly noticed during our last stay how clean the lobby areas were--and while waiting for our car from the valet, I watched as an employee carefully cleaned the front windows and furniture. The only major downside is that the Homewood Suites shares a building with the Hampton Inn (where we also stayed once when Homewood Suites was full), and the horseshoe driveway is small and usually pretty crowded. The only delays we've really ever had are waiting to get into the driveway or waiting for the valet to retrieve our car. We recommend this hotel to friends when they visit the DC area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Swampscott, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was first time at a Homewood suites, but took 2 rooms,and both excellent value, location and comfort. Breakfast very good. One room had small children next door which made for noisy sleep, but overall, the management did all they could to make our stay excellent. Great location in Silver Springs. Walk to anything.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hotel really surprised me. Clean and well appointed. Free breakfast and dinner. Great location if driving or taking Metro to Wash, DC monuments. Staff very professional and courteous. Access to nearby restaurants and activites within walking distance. Metro within walking distance. If going downtown, take Metro or drive down Rock Creek Parkway. Air conditioning worked too well. I had to turn it down even though it was 95 degrees outside. Ceiling fan helped a lot. No parking but valet parking was $15 per night.

Room Tip: Corner suites quiet and bright.
Etters, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very nice hotel,, really liked the valet parking, quick and efficient,,, great breakfast,,, very nice room,,, everything was just great and relaxing,,, very helpful staff,,, price was excellent for the area,,, we would definitely stay at this hotel again!!!

Altoona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel is a great place for the Family stay while touring DC. Easy access to the Metro and close to the beltway for entry and exit to the DC area. Great staff and valet service was Johnny on the spot with vehicles. Clean and great access to internet services. Good hot tub to relax at the end of the day.

Macon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What is this 100% satisfaction you speak of? If you are asking me if I was 100% satisfied, the answer would be no. I would probably give you a 65%. Since it is not 100%, I am not sure to what this entitles me. I am certainly curious to see what backs up this 100% promise. As reported before. I was charged for valet parking multiple times for times I did not use their service. It should not be my job to correct that. They should know when I park and when I don't. The bathroom toilet kept backing up. The resolution was to bring up a plunger. I have never had to plunge my toilet in any hotel I have ever stayed in. I did on this trip! So now I can say that the Hilton is the only hotel requiring me to do my own maintenance. The keys to my room stopped working and had to have engineering make me a "Special" key. This should not have occured. 2 of the 4 elevators stopped working which caused massive lines in the lobby and waits on all the floors. This problem went on for 2-3 days. Once again, it should not have happened.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Silver Spring? Share your experiences!