“Family Trip to DC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Altoona, United States
“Family Trip to DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel is a great place for the Family stay while touring DC. Easy access to the Metro and close to the beltway for entry and exit to the DC area. Great staff and valet service was Johnny on the spot with vehicles. Clean and great access to internet services. Good hot tub to relax at the end of the day.

Macon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What is this 100% satisfaction you speak of? If you are asking me if I was 100% satisfied, the answer would be no. I would probably give you a 65%. Since it is not 100%, I am not sure to what this entitles me. I am certainly curious to see what backs up this 100% promise. As reported before. I was charged for valet parking multiple times for times I did not use their service. It should not be my job to correct that. They should know when I park and when I don't. The bathroom toilet kept backing up. The resolution was to bring up a plunger. I have never had to plunge my toilet in any hotel I have ever stayed in. I did on this trip! So now I can say that the Hilton is the only hotel requiring me to do my own maintenance. The keys to my room stopped working and had to have engineering make me a "Special" key. This should not have occured. 2 of the 4 elevators stopped working which caused massive lines in the lobby and waits on all the floors. This problem went on for 2-3 days. Once again, it should not have happened.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Richard H
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Homewood Suites is in a great location in downtown Silver Springs. The hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel was a combination of Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites. Parking was by valet in a crowded area.

Silver Spring, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was very accommodating and the administrative and management staff were very friendly and professional. The location of the hotel was PERFECT for what we needed! The rooms are very large, the beds are very comfortable, management is AWESOME!!! The breakfast could have been a little bit better, but overall it was good. I would definitely stay there again if I needed too!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I feel that the accommodations were excellent but I was very annoyed that when I made reservations by phone for the hotel, I was told that the price would be the same by phone or online. That was clearly untrue and I didn't appreciate paying $80 more for two nights than other guests paid. However, the hotel was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. Also, the hotel is in an excellent location with stores and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

An interesting concept: two hotels (Homewood Suites & Hampton Inn) in one building. Homewood Suites gets to be "in the back." 4 blocks from DC Metro Station which is also a MARC station. Theaters (film & stage) less than two blocks in most cases. Eating spots out the wazoo. Valet parking only (not needed in my case though as I can walk where I need to be). Great evening food (I may have lower standards than most though) Mon-Thu. Terrific breakfasts (see prior qualifying statement) though the grits texture varies greatly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'll admit from the go that I'm a huge fan of Homewood Suites for their sheer value of what you get for your money - especially when you're planning to stay in the area for a few days. Once again, Homewood Suites was great - though there is a tricky bit you'll want to be aware of. More on that in a moment. Let's talk staff: All very nice and very helpful - especially the valet who tipped us to the fact that we wouldn't have to pay for parking because it was a Sunday (our sightseeing day). The lifeguard at the pool seemed a bit overwhelmed with the rowdy bunch screaming up the joint. Still, he did very well. The fitness center was well equipped and the room was great. A decent delineation between the sofa bed for the kids and the "grown up space" was sufficient. And as always, the kitchenette was perfect. In all, the experience was perfect, except for two things:
1) Having to pay for parking. As in, there is no choice about it - you MUST valet...and it's a hearty $15 per day. Still, the valet crew was great and make good time in getting our vehicle to the front door (even though we forgot to call down in advance). Still, I'm not a fan of being forced into anything, especially something that seems as rudimentary as parking where you're staying.
2) We were there through a weekend, so we were only able to sample breakfast, but here's the tricky part - the Homewood Suites is literally attached to the Hilton Garden Inn. If you want to avoid the panic attack-inducing cattlecall at breakfast time, make sure your turn left out of the elevators and head for the "Lodge," which can only be accessed via your room key. LIFESAVER! I wish the front desk had told us about that on check-in (as we had to figure it out ourselves....and almost didn't).

In all, however, this was another great Homewood Suites experience. And if I need a hotel as a base for exploring the DC-area, THIS will be where I stay. It's perfectly located and a great value. You really can't ask for more than that.

Room Tip: Make sure you find the batcave entrance to the "Homewood Suites only" food space.