“Good Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
USR
“Good Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

First time staying at a Homewood Suite Hotel, but won't be the last if they're all like the one in Silver Spring, MD. Very nice, clean hotel with courteous employees, within easy walking distance of many restaurants. Complimentary breakfast had many selections.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

While the Homewood may not look fancy from the outside, the rooms are lovely and very spacious. A great bargain and a quick drive to some of Silver Spring's finest dining. They have a number of suites, too for the bargain family trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Holly, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Although I checked in as a Silver level member I was upgraded in the middle of my visit to Gold. When I made the hotel aware of this they gave me my complimentary 2 bottles of water the very next morning. The breakfast staff was very attentive as they went into the back room and got me 2 cans of soda in the morning as I am not a coffee drinker. After a few days of this they went back and got them for me before I even asked for it. This is 5 star service if I ever saw it. I would not hesitate for one second to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the Silver Spring area and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hotel very well located to those having meetings in NOAA, Silver Spring. The lack of a restaurant at the hotel must be noted as a negative point. But if you cross the street, then you can have access to Double Tree Hotel restaurants. I would certainly come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We recently visited the DC area for the first time. There was a little glitch with our reservation at another hotel, but that gave us the opportunity to stay here! This is a very unique hotel as it is actually two in one building. It can be a little confusing, but the staff are very gracious and helpful. We were a little frustrated when we first arrived, but Audra was absolutely wonderful and went above and beyond to make us feel at home, even if for just one night!

Stayed December 2012
Hutschenhausen, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I spent 10 days here while on a personal trip. The facility itself is quite welcoming and every effort is made by the staff to provide comfort for the guests. Our suite was one of the smaller ones but still very comfortable. The kitchenette was perfect for small food prep and coffee and tea are well stocked. Sleep comfort is great. The 'Lodge Room' where breakfast is served, is furnished with a seating area around a fireplace and wall-mounted tv in addition to the dining tables. Carry-out boxes are provided for those who wish to take breakfast back to their rooms. This room is available to guests throughout the day with coffee & tea service as well. Evening meals are provided Monday through Thursday of which we took full advantage. We were not disappointed. Location is great for restaurants and a Whole Foods is nearby to help stock the kitchenette. Laundry facilities onsite are very clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hamptonssgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites Silver Spring, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you so much for taking a few moments to write us a review! Customer service is our top priority and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like we were able to exceed your expectations in regards to the property and staff. Please be sure to let us know when you may be visiting us again.
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our first time coming to the DC area. We saw the good reviews on this hotel, and were glad we decided to stay there. We travel a bit, have stayed in a LOT of hotels, but were especially pleased with this one. Other than the things mentioned by the other reviewers (close to metro, etc) I would also like to mention how great the staff was. Every morning as we left the gentlemen at the door sent us off with a smile and every evening when we came back we were greeted with a warm and genuine "Welcome Back". The staff was also great the few times we needed a local ride--on the first night in the rain to get some food at the grocery (VERY CLOSE AND CONVENIENT), and to the metro. The cleaning staff is also excellent, and we agreed that this is one of the cleanest places we've stayed in.

The fact that it was an extended stay meant that there was extra cabinet space in the bathroom which was nice since we stayed the week. You can also keep snacks in the fridge and cabinets in the kitchen which is nice.

I want to say a word about dinner (served Monday-Thursday from 5-7) since the website calls it a "light dinner" and the hazy descriptions of other reviews left us wondering if we should stock our fridge with more food when we got there so we wouldn't go to bed hungry at night. The dinner served was PLENTY! Examples of some of the meals served: Hot dogs with 3 alarm chili and chips, Stuffed peppers with potato wedges and chicken gumbo, meatballs with marinara and clam chowder, Cajun chicken with rice and vegetable medley.... Basically, some kind of main entree, another side or two, and usually some sort of bread, and soup. You will also be offered sodas, lemonade, and salad with some of the usual toppings. It was GREAT to come right in from running around DC all day and sit right down to eat and crash! I feel that alone makes this place great for families and makes this hotel a head above the rest.

We were on the 14th floor and I don't know if that was the only reason, but we agreed that it was nice and quiet in there considering how busy the area is.

One downside was the slow internet. They said they are working on the problem so it may not be an issue by the time you get there! This was not a big deal for us since we don't go on vacations to sit at the computer, but it did take us a little longer the times we needed to use the internet to print out tickets to events and our boarding passes. Still, this was not enough to bother us.

The other thing is that the AC blew right in the direction of our bed. I don't like to be hot but I don't like it blowing right on me either (makes me cold+sinus trouble). I had my husband (who LOVES to have it blowing on him) sleep on the side by the unit. Still, I could feel it and wished it could have been directed upwards or something.

Despite these things, we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else on a return trip.

Room Tip: Ask for our room! 1410 :)