“Wonderful Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
“Wonderful Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had the pleasure in staying at the Hampton Inn in Salisbury, Md over the Thanksgiving holiday. It appeared to have been recently renovated and with the Christmas decorations, it was beautiful!!!! I have stayed here before but really enjoyed this visit. The room was spacious and the staff placed me on the floor of my request and was located close to the indoor pool and gameroom which my daughter loved.
The drawback was the free breakfast that was so-so but could have been better if it were re-stocked appropriately. The staff did not restock food until it was completely empty. We decided to eat cereal but went to pour the milk and that was empty.
Overall our stay was good.

Room Tip: Room 100 is directly next to the entrance to the pool/game area and surprisingly very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear US Traveler1224:

Thank you for your kind words about your last stay at the Hampton Inn Salisbury. Christmas time is always a pleasureable time and we love to decorate. It is nice to hear that someone did enjoy them. I apologize for the breakfast. There is no excuse I can give that would make the lack of re-plenishing acceptable. I have passed this information along to the breakfast team. I hope to see you again when you are back this way. Thank you for staying with us and Happy Holidays.

Tom Farina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
West Monroe, LA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

There are no surprises at a Hampton Inn. The staff was wonderful. Love that it's a no smoking facility. Since Hampton Inn properties have been updated we've started to stay there again. It's a bonus to get Hilton points.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Susan E:

thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you have found your stay enjoyable and that you are loyal to the Hampton brand. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Safe Travels
Montrose, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I reserved a King w/sofa direct thru the Hampton website. When I got to the hotel I was told they were overbooked and what I received was 2 doubles. Made for a tight fit. The rep at the desk was friendly enough and told me she would discount the rate of the room at my prompting but its a week later and my acount has still not been credited. The hotel itself was a nice property. Everything you would expect from a Hampton.

Dear James L:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I apologize for the reservation error and not getting the room you had reserved. Unfortunately, there are times when we have issues with some of the rooms and we are uable to rent them. I know it is an inconvienence when you are looking forward to your stay. I am glad the staff had made an attempt to make an adjustment and I will look into this for you. I hope you will give us another try when you are back in the Salisbury area. Once again, thank you and I do apologize.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I were down in Maryland for Thanksgiving weekend. We stayed at Hampton inn Salisbury! Bad move. Everything from an infestation of lady bugs in our room (yes lady bugs and they fly alot and were annoying) to we got locked out of the hotel at 2AM. Our key cards didnt work..had to wait for staff. It was cold! no wash clothes available. Door broke again the 2nd day, all the guests had to open the electronic sliding door by themselves! The lobby bathroom was broken! I could go on! But I move on! Dont waste your money there - !

Room Tip: go some place else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Andrew P:

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I apologize for the broken door. I do know there was an issue with the door due to the weather and I do not know why the front desk agent was not around. I apologize for not having any washcloths. I will make sure I look into this as there is no excuse for this. I’ve addressed your concerns with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Commerce, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Always perfect it's a Hampton. Next to the mall with many food choices to choose from, and nice shopping. I flew into Salisbury's airport and the airport is only 2 miles away. This is a small airport reserve your rental car early. You will be in and out of this airport in less than 30 minutes. Salisbury is centrally located on the eastern shore, from there you can access the beaches, attractions, food and everything with ease.

Thank You!

Frank West
Commerce, Georgia

Room Tip: All rooms are quite nice. All rooms are located in a quiet location away from the noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Frank W:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Salisbury. I am happy to hear that we are a great place to stay for business. It is always nice to hear when we can make a guest feel comfortable when they are away from home. The ease of the airport can make anyone's day pleasureable and start them off right. I ope to see you on your next trip to the area. Thank you again and safe travels.

Mechanicsburg, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a family reunion taking place 250 miles from our home. There was a dog show the weekend we were there and all the dogs I saw in the hotel were very clean and well behaved. Unfortunately one poor creature below us must have been left alone and barked quite a bit. Once I notified the front desk the barking stopped within 10 minutes and we later received a goody bag and a hand written note of apology. Never heard another noise. I love dogs - I do not begrudge an occasional dog show. I thought the hotel staff handled this very well. Every staff member we saw was very courteous and polite to us from the front desk to housekeepers in the hallway to breakfast servers in the morning. A very positive experience all in all!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Mildred G:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I apologize for the excessive dog noise but I am pleased to hear that the staff took care of it for you. It is hard sometimes to keep the dogs quiet but we will notify the owner as soon as we hear something. I am very pleased to hear that the entire staff had made your stay exceptional. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit to the Hampton Inn Salisbury.

Accord, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this property several times over the past few years and have always enjoyed our stay. Our last visit was disappointing. Arriving at the front desk my husband gave the women working our name and placed his credit card on the counter. She never picked her head up. She just continued typing away. We assumed she was finishing up something she was doing prior to our arrival. Afer a few minutes she asked for his credit card. He pushed it closer to her and again she never looked up. She never said another word until she told us where the elevator was. The manager on duty was on the phone most of the time we were checking in and she looked annoyed at whomever she was speaking with. I doubt we will stay again after being treated in an inhospitable way. A smile, welcome, have a great stay etc. go a long way. When your first impression is negative you notice the negative things about a hotel that normally you would overlook.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Wendy R:

I wanted to apologize for the staff and how you were treated during your visit to our property. There is no excuse for the behavior of the front desk personnel and I have forwarded this review to the department manager. I want to thank you for your loyalty and I ask that you please contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this further. I do hope you will reconsider and continue to be our loyal guest.

Sincerely
Tom Farina

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!