“Too many problems” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phila, United States
“Too many problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

There was a softball tournament during our stay and the hotel was packed with children of all ages running around all times of the night, parents tailgating in the parking lot, sitting in the lobby with open bottles of beer, liquor and outside on the benches well into the late evening. I will not be returning to this Hampton.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Crystal T:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I wanted to apologize for the problems you had during your stay. Unfortunately, during that time of year, there is a World Series softball tournament in the county. I would certainly hope you will give our property another try before or after the tournament and have a much more relaxing stay. Please re-consider us in the future.

Tom Farina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
littlestown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very busy hotel, staff tried so hard, very hard to make it a pleasurable stay. The pool is very big and great for a team of girls to shill out. Other guests seemed to be the biggest challenge. They were very demeaning to the staff for reasons out of the staffs control. the check in was difficult because hotel was moving to full capacity in one night. guests gave no forgiveness to staff! tough for them!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Anne W:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Thank you for the words of understanding for the staff during the busy check in process. The staff trys hard to take care of the guests as quickly as possible and sometimes it does get backed up. I appreciate that you understand that and ses what the staff can go through. I hope to see you again on your nex trip to Salisbury.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here recently as a stopping point on a trip from New England to North Carolina. Clean, comfortable room. Nice breakfast. Chain restaurants within walking distance. There were a few large groups in the hotel so the late night hallway noise was more than I would prefer, but it didn't detract much from my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear KathiD:

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Salisbury. It is always nice to hear kind words from our loyal guests. I wanted to apologize for the large groups in house. During this time of year, Salisbury is host to the USSSA Softball World Series. I am glad to hear that it will not distract you from staying with us. If you like the shopping, it is great around the holiday season. Hope to see you on your next shopping trip.

Safe Travels
Salisbury, MD, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good beds and pillows. Room was clean and had good internat. We're done. Not sure why the review needs 200 words. If I saw such a review, I would be inclined to stay there. There are still some who value short and sweet!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Eric L:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Though it was short and sweet, it was a review we like to hear. Thank you again and we will see you the next time you are in Salisbury.

Sincerely
Boston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel is nice but finishing renovations, and need follow up on some items. Location is good. Close to everything. Breakfast area has been re-vamped for more seating, but serving area still tight for all those people. Staff is nice and helpful. Pool and Hot tub are cloudy and need attention but the kids don't care.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear John K:

Thank you for your review on the Hampton Inn Salisbury. I wanted to let you know that the renovations have been completed so please come back and check it out. Unfortunately, the breakfast area is tight and there are no plans in the near future to change it but we do our best to make sure all of our guests are comfortable as possible. I have addressed the pool and spa with my Maintenance team and have stressed the importance of continued monitoring. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Salisbury.

Safe Travels
Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

No complaints from me, The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. Location was great, easy to get to, easy to get out. Tucked off the highway but close to Resturants, Walmart, and the Salisbury Mall was a couple miles away. I look forward to staying there next time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Christian L:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Hampton Inn Salisbury. Thank you for your kind words. I have passed this information along to our team. I hope on your next visit to Salisbury, you will once again stay with us.

Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not only did the maid walk into our room without knocking, but the fire alarm in our room went off at 6AM, we jumped up thinking it was a fire to find the fire alarm was malfunctioning and continued to beep. When we called the front desk, no one came to our room because we had a do not disturb tag on the door. Honestly, the rudest, incompetent management and the worst customer service I have ever had at a $170 a night hotel!

Room Tip: Check the battery in the fire alarm, the maintenance team did not!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rwadw:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I wanted to first apologize for the maid walking into your room. Upon reading this, I was appalled and embarrassed. This is not a common practice I assure you. I have addressed this with the Executive Housekeeper and suggested staff re-training. As far as the smoke detector, I do apologize for the annoying sound to wake you up from a sound sleep so early in the morning. Though you had the Do not Disturb on your door, the staff should have made an attempt by phone to call you. The Maintenance department do check the smoke detectors on a regular basis but unfortunately sometimes we cannot predict when the battery will fail. I have made it a point to let the department know to keep track of battery changes and change out on a regular basis. I do hope you will give us another try when you return to the area so we can make it right for you.

Sincerely
Tom Farina

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!