“Not the Greatest” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
MD
“Not the Greatest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed there for one night while Hurricane Sandy blew through our area. Room was a good size, bedding was comfortable ,and breakfast selection (with the exception of the really awful coffee), was great. However, the rooms do not have microwaves or refrigerators and the internet connection is slower than molasses trying to move uphill in winter. This was really inconvenient. Our room was also not as clean as I would have liked. Staff was not very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest satisfaction survey. We really appreciate the feedback. It is with our guest's feedback that we are able to recognize any issues and work our hardest to prevent them from happening again with our guests. I noticed that we fell short of your expectations in a couple areas and I do apologize. The micorwaves and refrigerators are in the process of being placed in all the rooms. We were waiting on the delivery truck. I want to ensure that all of our guests have a wonderful stay every time so i will pass this along to the apprpriate departments so that they can see what had happened. Once again, I am sorry for the experience you encountered during the awful storm.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Salisbury during a motorcycle trip from Boston to Florida. We were traveling with our small dog so our decisions on where based on pet friendly and not heavy in pet fees. This was very affordable at $84 and no pet fee. This hotel is very clean and updated. The room was very roomy and clean with a nice comfortable bed. The pillows were nice and plush. There is a nice flat panel television with a large selection of channels. The only negative I saw was some stains on the ceiling. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. After a long drive that you had expeienced, it is nice to know that we can make you feel relaxed and comfortable. I want to apologize for the condition of the ceiling in your room. As part of our Prevntative Maintenance program, we do look at these areas and paint as needed. i will make sure that my Engineering team looks just a tad bit harder. Please stop by on your way back from Florida. We would love to have you stay with us again.
Bird in Hand, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at this Hampton Inn while in Salisbury for a long weekend. We were provided a room on the fourth floor. Room was well appointed and seemed to have been renovated recently. We stayed in a king bed standard room...which included a pull out sofa couch, desk area, microwave with fridge, and a large flat screen TV. The hotel also provided a large indoor swimming pool. We also took advantage of breakfast one morning, and were pleasantly surprised with a rather large breakfast buffet. Much more than your standard free breakfast would usually include.

My only complaint was that the bed was slightly uncomfortable. Not sure if it was the mattress itself or the soft pillow topper on top of the mattress. That aside, the room was very clean, and the shower had fantastic water pressure (something I am thankful for). The hotel is centrally located, and is within walking distance of almost every chain restaurant one could ask for. The staff were friendly and professional upon check in/out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities that our facility has to offer. We do have the largest pool in the area. I would like to apologize for the condition of the bedding in your room. I will make sure that I address this with our staff to make sure the mattress and overall bedding is checked. Thank you for the kind words for the front desk team members. Customer Satisfaction is our goal and we try to achieve it to the best of our availability. Please think of us again on your next visit to Salisbury.
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being a Hilton Honors member I tend to stay at a Hilton brand hotel when I can just to get the points and keep my current level up. Also I believe Hilton is currently renovating their Hampton Inn hotels. This one I believe is in the process of renovation..or at least so the very miniature sign by the elevator buttons said it was. The room and the rest of the grounds were very nice and clean. The saltwater fish tank was actually very nice as well. Sadly it seems the only thing they haven't renovated yet have been the actual beds mattresses. The ones we had were very springy and not comfortable at all. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast as we were out of the door before it started but I'm sure it was the usual Hampton Inn breakfast.

Room Tip: Always try to stay as far from the elevator as possible. It helps cut down on noise from other gues...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable overall. I do want to apologize for the condition of your mattress in your room. We do try to rotate our matressess on a quarterly basis. I will make sure to have our Maintenance team look into this room and take care of it. We hope that you will stop at our facility again when you are in Salisbury.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here one night. Hotel is easy to find -- important when you're arriving really late at night like we did! Breakfast had the usual combination of hot and cold foods. Our stay was really short since we had to be up early the next morning. If you're coming into town for the Seagull Century, this hotel is about a 15-20 minute drive to the university. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us online. We take pride in our property and we like to hear when our guests are happy. We are conitnung to renovate our facility and hope that you will be able to come back and visit us on your next trip. Thank you again for staying with us.
lancaster, ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our room was blocked by our family for a wedding last weekend and I'm so thankful. The hotel was wonderful. It was Bike weekend so it was busy on Friday and Saturday but the staff held up to the task. We had a few maintenance issues but they were taken care of immediately. Our room was a king suite and it was so great to have room to move around, dress, visit etc. We'll be back when we come back to visit the family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that you had some maintenance issues with your room but very pleased to hear that they were addressed to your satisfaction. I am glad that you will be back on your next trip. I will pass this information along to our staff members. Thank you
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I chose this hotel from the myriads of available hotels in this area from the web. I wanted to be near the mall and we were. I went to Salisbury on a girls weekend that included Old Mill Crab House, a movie at the mall and a night at Hampton Inn. Neither disappointed! The hotel was conveniently located, attractive, the rooms were well appointed and the staff was friendly. It was about 1.5 miles from Route 50. Trust, this is the one for Salisbury.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your last stay. It is so nice to hear that you had a great stay and a great visit to Salisbury. Please remember us on your next visit to the area.

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!