“Hampton Inn quaility at a great price” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Hampton Inn quaility at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Clean new property at the lowest rates I have seen at a Hilton chain. Awesome pool area w/ a hot tub and pool tables. Very quiet w/ plenty of place to eat around. Not much else the the area to do, but great place to stay on business or just passing through.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do our best to meet all our customers satisfaction. Please remember us on your next visit to Salisbury. I will pass the information along to our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just wanted to say that this hotel has great customer service. It's your average Hampton Inn, nice for the price. Breakfast was great...lots of variety and ladies working to keep everything full did a great job!
Customer service aspect:
We had a little problem with our room when we found something a little gross on the floor. We called the front desk to let them know and the front desk worker (unsure of name, but he was the guy working at night...we had checked in like past 1 am and called front desk at past 2am) was great. He immediately apologized and said the room would be completely comped and if we wanted to move, there was only a smoking room available. We didn't move rooms because we don't smoke and hate the smell of it. However, the hotel worker was ver apologetic and nice and I appreciated getting the room free without even asking for it. That was great customer service. It was unexpected and appreciated.

• Stayed July 2012
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the condition your room was in upon your arrival and I am glad you that the front desk team member handled your situation to your satisfaction. Thank you for thinking of us again on your next visit
Muncy, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

When I go visit friends in Berlin, MD and Salisbury, I always stay in a King Size bed w/ sofa room. The staff are absolutely wonderful and will help as much as possible. The breakfasts are outstanding..... The only problem was a fire drill issue which scared the crap out of me, but they have a 100 % satisfaction policy and comped me a room night. The room is always clean. I just love it for the staff because they are chatty and it's like having old friends to stay with.... The only other problem is the rate.... It's rather pricey, especially, for long stays. Overall Love Love. Lisa Cox

Room Tip: Go for the King Size bed w/ sofa room.....NICE!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you had a great stay despite the fact that we had a fire drill. We do have to perform these at least twice a year to ensure safety to all guests and team members. I am glad that they handled the situation for you. I will pass your kind words along to our team. i hope to see you on your next trip to our area.
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband & I and another couple stayed here on a weekend trip to Ocean City (because the hotels in Ocean City are way overpriced) & were very happy that we stayed here. Upon checking in, the front desk personnel were very friendly & helpful. Our room was a King with a couch & it was very spacious--including a small refrigerator. The room itself had some wear & tear, but nothing that would keep us from staying there -- and we're pretty picky about the rooms that we stay in. There was a Bob Evans in the next parking lot - we walked there our first night there to eat, and a Golden Corral on the other side of the Hampton in the next parking lot. There were other restaurants on the "strip" that were easily accessible, as well, and Ocean City was a short drive away. The breakfast was good, but while we were there, there was a boys sports team also staying there, so the breakfast room was quite crowded at times.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a comment. We are in the process of renovating some of our rooms so maybe on your next trip to Salisbury, you will be able to see the new rooms. I will make sure I pass along to the staff your comments. We hope to see you again in the future.
Bronx, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This would be my second time going to the Hampton Inn in Salisbury, MD. The first time was pretty good. This time I went with my family and we are a big group. So we all split up into about 7 rooms. We needed extra pillows and the hotel said that they've ran out, I personally had to with a blanket as my pillow. One of the rooms smelled like urine. It was unbearable especially since there were 5 year old's sleeping in there as well. In addition to that, we found bugs in each of the rooms both dead and alive. We later went to the front desk to complain, but they were both rude and insensitive. They claimed that we were lying and tried to hurry the situation by simply moving us to another room. Ultimately this hotel has lost its touch. The front desk clerks are rude and as far as the hotel itself they need people to thoroughly clean it and keep it that way no matter what. I would not go to this hotel again because of its service and frankly its not up to par for ANYONE to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I went with my family for a weekend in Ovean City so we got a couple of rooms at the Hampton in Salisbury, MD. One of the rooms smelt like old urine. We asked to get out rooms changed or cleaned and Ivanna, the front desk clerk, and the manager, Julie, were very rude and uncooperative. Ivanna was yelling at the top of her lungs to my aunt and because of her overly powered attitude she did not understand what my aunt was trying to say. THEN they suggested to give us a new room but we were told to take everything out of our room and leave it on a cart while we were at the beach and they cleaned the room smelling like urine ! Unacceptable !!! Then they wanted to have our belongings stored in another one of our family's hotel rooms. At this point everyone was frustrated and would not settle for less. Eventually we got new rooms but was definately a hassle and the customer service with Ivanna was disgusting !

• Stayed July 2011
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Krystallboo:

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I am very sorry and embarrassed with the way you were treated. It is not our standard to treat any of our guests the way that you were treated. I most certainly will take care of the this situation. I am sorry that this ruined your time here at the beach. I hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Sincerely
Tom Farina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Found a good rate online. Conveniently located on a main route. Plenty of free parking, well lit parking lot. Pleasant employees, easy check in. There is a mall right down the street and tons of restaurants right in the area. This hotel is about a half hour or so drive to Ocean City, MD beach. Also not far from Bethany Beach which is beautiful and a little less crowded and touristy than OC. Standard Hampton Inn property with comfy beds, large clean rooms and a fridge. Would stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tom F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you had a great stay. I will pass this information along to our team. Thank you for thinking of us again on your next visit.

Been to Hampton Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!