“Nice, clean, but small...” 4 of 5 stars

Budget Inn Salisbury
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1804 N. Salisbury Blvd., Salisbury, MD 21801   |
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Salisbury
Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
“Nice, clean, but small...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the night. First off I wanted to say how nice the staff was. The guy I spoke with on the phone to get a room for the night was very pleasant and helpful. He did let us know from the start that the room would be small so there would be no surprises for us. He also indicated that the area was safe, both things were true. When we first walked in, it was small yes, but we were only there to sleep for the night, so that was no problem. The room was nice and clean though. It was simple, microwave, fridge, tv and alarm clock, just the basics, no breakfast was included. However the bed was comfortable and I felt safe. We went a friday night and it was about 120 for the night. I have to say I thought it was a little overpriced for that room size, but other than that we had a pleasant stay. We would probably stay here again if we are in the area. Also I wanted to mention it's near OC and there are alot of stores and resturants near by :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a current guest and I'm actually sitting in my room typing this. The air conditioner is powerful and is also a dual heater,the door has a deadbolt as well as an electronic lock,and the bathroom is nicely appointed with plenty of hot water. I am not exaggerating when I say three of us took showers back to back with one being about 15 minutes long,and never ran out of hot water. The hotel is located very close to both downtown Salisbury as well as about 25 minutes to O.C. The rooms are small,this is true,but if you are wanting a suite or lots of room you shouldnt be looking at a Budget Inn in the first place. This is a very,very clean motel with exceptionally friendly staff. They are attentive and very willing to help in any situation. There are a lot of choices of hotels in Salisbury and in O.C.,but if you end up choosing to stay here,you can't go wrong. I was hesitant after reading some negative reviews but upon entering the room felt completely at ease. Don't hesitate to give them your business!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel for a good night’s rest before continuing on our vacation, and we found Budget Inn on the TripAdvisor website, among others. The price listed for the hotel was $50/night, and it seemed to get good reviews, so we gave it a shot. When we checked in, we found that the hotel doesn’t offer any rooms under $100. This was a Friday night, not a holiday weekend. Our room was clean, but quite small. The bathroom was also clean, but small. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator, both clean and nice, but because the room was so small, I doubt we would have stayed long enough to use them. There was just one small mirror in the bathroom, so it was a little tough for my boyfriend to shave and shower while I did hair and makeup. Overall, the hotel was adequate, but certainly not worth $100/night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The room was small but clean and fresh smelling. Best of all the bathroom was clean with plenty of hot water and an adequate supply of towels and soap. The heating unit in the room was great along with the refrigerator for my beer and the microwave oven to heat my coffee which I bought the night before because they do not have complimentary coffee in the morning. I still froth at the mouth when I have to pay $50 for clean sheets which I use for only about eight hours but then again $50 is better than paying $75 to $100 a night for the same thing. I would stay at this Budget Inn again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Crested Butte, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I had business in Salisbury for 6 weeks from November 10- December 25, 2011, so I needed an extended stay room. I chose this hotel because it was the best rate that I found near my workplace. What a nice surprise to find a small but efficient room with a decent bed, great bath, flatscreen w/HBO good apt. sized refrigerator, microwave and ironing board w/ iron.
Apart from the room itself, I found the owner-Norvit, to be a warm gentleman who went out of his way to secure my comfort. His family and staff were equally as great! City bus stops across the street. From the exterior, you may have doubts, but let me tell you that the room and the management made this a great choice for me; and for any stay-from one night to six weeks! They even drove me to the airport on Christmas morning!! I will repeat my stay if I return next year!

Room Tip: no closet or area to hang clothes, but ample drawer space
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed there on October 30th, 2011. Winter rate was $60 for the night. The hotel is very old and the exterior looks a little bit shabby. But when we went to our room, it was very nice. A bit small but was very clean and the room looked like it had been updated recently. Bathroom was clean and the tiled stall shower was very spacious and clean. Room was a very pleasant surprise. Beds were not too hard. Room heater was a bit noisy. Wireless Internet worked like a charm. All in all, a very good deal!!!.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
melrose park pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We chose this motel because it was about $50 less (about 1/3 ) than the price of other motels for a half way point on a trip. It was bare bones..no place to hang things, no glamour, no tissues, no coffee, a tiny soap and sample size shampoo. but very clean. The bathroom looked like it was just remodeled and the stall shower was large. Could not figure out why they had chosen a toilet design with no lid! Owners were pleasant. There was a refrigerator, microwave and TV in the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!