“Okay. Breakfast area needs help.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Salisbury
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Okay. Breakfast area needs help.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stay at Marriott properties a lot. Though this property was good, it didn't "wow" me like other Residence Inns I've stayed at in the past. We had the fireplace suite -- the room was clean, though didn't seem as modern as other Residence Inn suites I've stayed at previously. It seemed to be lacking that luxury feeling for some reason.

Anyway, the room was quiet, clean and comfortable. However, the ice maker in the refrigerator took over 8 hours to actually work, which was annoying, as the hotel does not have a hallway ice machine.

I have to echo what another reviewer said about the breakfast. That waffle iron either needs a serious cleaning or needs to be replaced. I COATED that thing with the non-stick spray and still had major difficulties getting my waffle out of the iron. Someone is going to burn themselves on that thing if action isn't taken soon!

Other items didn't seem to be very appetizing -- the scrambled eggs were so yellow, I bet they glowed in the dark. The fruit didn't look fresh. Plus, several staff members kept hanging around in the breakfast buffet area gossiping about other coworkers. Sure, the breakfast area wasn't busy but I didn't think that was very professional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fredericksburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Let me start by saying I have never written a review with anything terrible to report. We travel extensively and adapt well in most environments. Please understand as I write this, I expected a clean comfortable, family friendly stay. After all it is a Marriott....right?

Myself, wife and two pre teen children stayed at this property for a wresting tournament in Salisbury from April 5 until April 7. I booked this hotel over the only other available one, quality inn, due to trip advisor reports. Check in staff were friendly, hotel appeared clean and new. Our room, second floor smelled of stale cigarettes. Nice that the winows opened a little so we turned on the air and left them up while gone to dinner. Fairly new hotel but furnishings were pretty worn, not a deal breaker though. First night pretty uneventful other than had to leave air on to cover smoke smell, vent blowed down on left side of bed all night in my face, that sucked.

Not anyone's fault but Marriott being cheap but the walls in this place were super thin, heard highway all night, cars on road behind it and people in room next door.....read on!

Second night, went downhill fast. Parked in back of hotel near room, key cards shut off, left wife and kids in cold while walked around to have them "recharged". Hotel packed with kids....no problems from any. Had to get up at 5:30 am next morning, woke up at 11:30 pm to banging on wall behind bed and LOUD screaming of adult man and woman. Now my wife and I could try to ignore it but when it woke my kids on the other side of our room and them asking why and what was happening, I was LIVID! Did not want that comversation at this time. Went to front desk, descretly took desk clerk into his office to explain. He said it would be delt with however after they got the call from the front desk they just baged on the wall all night.

Two hours sleep that night. I googled Mariotts customer satisfaction guarantee and found pasted everywhere "not to change final bills" so why even ask for compensation for not getting the comfortable stay we paid for. The next morning after pulling two apples rotted to the point that my wife's fingers went through them, from the breakfast bar, we just quietly left.

It is obvious that mariott poorly constructs new properties and their quiet extended stay hotel is nothing better than the Quality Inn.

Also, take note that only one review has the manager of this property taken the time to reply.....and don't reply to this, nothing you can say will bring us back. It's Hilton for now on....Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back!

• Stayed April 2013
Groton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my fourth stay at this hotel. I absolutely LOVE it. Clean, smells fresh, everything is immaculate. Kudos to the people who maintain this hotel also. Just beautiful :)

Got the room with the fireplace again....so nice :)

Breakfast is a feast. Everything is really good; lots of choices.

I highly recommend staying here. You WON'T be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel. Hotel sits back off of main highway (Route 13).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Germantown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago while on a college tour with our son and we have stayed at this property in the past. We had a major issue with the breakfast that the hotel refused to resolve. The waffle iron needed spray to prevent the waffles from badly sticking. You couldn't even remove the waffles without them totally falling apart. We did ask hotel staff for spray to prevent this only to be told me did not need this. The hotel staff member even removed my wife's waffle with her "ungloved" hand and placed it on my wife plate in pieces and expected her to eat it. We requested assistance from the front desk but received non. We did fill out an online survey from the hotel detailing our unpleasant experience a few weeks ago and have yet to receive a response.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband stay in a lot of hotels-mostly marriotts. I'm constantly disappointed by dirty tubs, or ones with that mold ring around the edges. They're typically not bath friendly & equipped mainly for showers. THIS hotel has the bathers in mind! Low soap dishes, contoured back rest to lay back on, water control that you can operate with your toes, & the biggie-you can turn the overflow cover where the water has to get nearly to the top of the tub before it starts draining! No more stuffing wash cloths in the overflow cover or taking baths that barely cover my knees. Thanks Residence Inn!

• Stayed February 2013
Reisterstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

An overnight stay while visiting my daughter in college.
The location is convenient to Salisbury University and the town of Salisbury.
One half hour to Ocean City, MD.
Very clean and friendly staff. We were not able to enjoy the breakfast but have done so at other Residence Inn locations and were never disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times on our trips north and then south. It is convienently located between Connecticut and North Carolina. The Inn is right off of Rt 13
just at the turnoff for the Salisbury bypass. The property is quiet and the suite arrangement
makes it comfartable after a long drive. Great staff and a very good breakfast to start the next days journey.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Salisbury? Share your experiences!