“Not what it used to be” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sobo's Wine Beerstro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 170 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Greenbush, VA
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wow! Sobo's has been our "date restaurant" for years. We moved and didn't get there for over a year - much has changed. The once creative menu has lost some of its zing. The food has lost its appeal. Usually I have to pick between several items on the menu that interest me and I have a difficult time making the decision. This last time I was having a hard time even finding something that sounded good to me. (The Steak and Eggs special sounded tempting, but not a 14 oz. cut of meat - that is enough for two people!) We gladly drove an hour to get here for many a date. It will be a long time before we go back after our last meal a week ago. We have proudly taken friends there for several different occasions, not again. Prior to this visit we would have given Sobo's 5 stars.
I don't think this is just our opinion. The woman at the table next to us made the comment "Sobo's is hit or miss, sometimes good, sometimes not. You never know what it will be when you go." A dear friend we introduced to Sobo's went for a Christmas lunch from work and was also very disappointed - they had failed to remove the cartilage from the lobster in her pasta.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Hidden Gem the locals love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

SoBo's is tucked away behind a commercial area that I have driven past many times. I never knew this fine hotel was a turn away until a business associate told me about it. Very happy he did. SoBo's has a great menu and daily specials that my mouth water. They help you remember you are on the "Eastern Shore," with seafood selctions but also keep you turfed with steak and other selctions. I had a Turkey soup that was great for a cold day, followed by a perfectly cooked New York strip steak. They have one of the better wines lists I have seen in the area, with a large selection being able to be served by the glass. The server was young but knowledgable about the menu and the wine list. He was prompt, courteous and attentitive. He also ran my hat out to me after I had left it on the chair next to me when I left. The atmosphere was warm. Overall, I would consider the pricing to be on the moderate side. I have had similar meals for less cost.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, Maryland
“something has happened here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

the food is still good. the wait-staff is too young and immature. they do not have a clue about the items on the menu and asking about specials will stump them every time. the chef either needs to stop changing the menu so much or train his staff!! please save room for their ice cream. it is the best i have ever tasted.

Visited December 2012
Virginia
“blan and overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

the service was good, everyone was very nice. beer was tasty. then came the food. the flatbread appetizer was greasy and the cheese was just too much. the cheese plate was ok, but the cheddar had a very off taste that none of us enjoyed (and i do like some funky cheeses.) i had the vegetable pot pie, which had very undercooked vegetables (no kidding, the peas were raw and crunchy, and not sweet tender little peas either, but old tasting, starchy ones.) this was in a completely uninteresting mushroom broth without any herbs or any other flavoring, and covered with chewy coffin-shaped pieces of puff pastry. not a sucessful dish. my wife's burger was so salty that she was unable to finish it. it'll be a while before we try this place again--came here a few years ago and were very impressed, but no longer.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seaford, Delaware
“Not all changes are good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

SoBos was always at the top of go-to list, I also enjoyed giving gift certificates for this unique place. Much to my surprise, everything has changed. Went for lunch and found it very disappointing. There are only three appetizers on the lunch menu and they are swimming in butter. Took one look at the calamari and returned it to the kitchen. Soft drinks are now non-name brands and come in a bottle so, of course there are no free refills. Prices are now very expensive. I ordered the steak sandwich which was $15.00. It was very good but not worth the money. Will not be returning which is a shame because I always loved eating there.

• Visited July 2012