“Nice place to stay in Downtown Salisbury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Salisbury Boulevard, Salisbury, MD 21801 (Formerly Holiday Inn Salisbury Downtown Area)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
“Nice place to stay in Downtown Salisbury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Every so often I stay here,and I've never been disappointed.It is close to everything that being downtown has to offer. As I'm here for business, the most important things for me are the check-in, room comfort and checkout. I'm not hanging out in the hallways checking out the carpet. I'm not looking in corners for dust or dead bugs. It's what I'm getting for what I'm paying for, and this hotel delivers time and again. Internet was great. Plenty of hot water. Clean sheets and comfy pillows. I'd only wish my wife was here with me, but then again, she has on several occaisions and liked this hotel equally.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HenidhSha, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Xeuropn,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write us about your experience. It is truly rewarding when our valued guests recognize the efforts that our staff puts in to make your stay more valuable. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Henidh Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
Olney, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed October 7 - 11, 2013.

PROS: Comfortable bed & pillows; very good A/C; Housekeeping; Front Desk; Restaurant Server & Food

CONS: NO HOT WATER FOR AM SHOWER - only like warm; one day there was no water at all from 9am - 4 pm; Carpet in hallways were stained and appeared dirty.

This building was originally a Sherton and built in the 70's. Definitely needs new carpet in hallways.

Because of luke warm morning showers & no water on day, I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lenny S,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We apologize for the inconvenience. We do value the comments we receive from our guests as these help us improve the quality and service that we offer. I appreciate your concerns about front desk staff and cleanliness and apologize for the temporary issue of the hot water, also we defiantly respect all our guest’s concerns no matter how small and big it is, of course its helps us to improve more and more batter to serve best quality of hospitality.
If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to respond via email with your contact information.
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here during seagull century event. This place has a well-trained staff and is a courteous hotel. I think almost every employee I met from check in through my entire stay and up to check out had a smile on face and greeted me each time. I found the room pretty well maintained. I found out that its an old property but was very pretty and couldn't tell unless told. I had no issue with my room not being cleaned. Breakfast was great in the morning. I would surely return to the hotel.

Dear John G,
It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for a great honest review. We always endeavor to make our guests stay better each time. Please do visit us next time you are in town. Thank you once again for staying with us.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Salisbury Maryland from Oct 4th – 6th, 2013. We were in town to participate in the Salisbury University Seagull Century Cycle event. This even has been held here for 25 years and this hotel is closest to the college. Last year was our first year and we registered late therefore ended up staying in a hotel further away, the America’s Best Inn. At the time I wasn’t very impressed with it and the Holiday Inn is a known name hotel with a good reputation for a consistent product. My past employer uses this hotel frequently for corporate travel and it has always been very nice. This Holiday Inn was originally an old Ramada Inn and being upgraded. The attempts at upgrades are obvious, the lobby and bar give a nice first impression. However, the devil is in the details. Looking only a little deeper and this place is not at all worth 2 times as much per night as the hotel we stayed in last year. In retrospect, I should have returned to America’s Best Inn as they promised upgrades. Our friends did stay there and said the rooms were nicely upgraded and that was the only problem I had with that hotel.

Upon check in the hotel was buzzing with cyclists, primarily from “Team in Training”. I think this is the official hotel of Team in Training. They had a huge event going on in the conference rooms spilling out into the lobby. As we made our way to the check in desk, we felt like the first impression was that we weren’t as important. A very luke warm reception considering I’m a Priority Club member. I was given a small bag with one bottle of water, one York peppermint patty and one package of crackers. There were two of us in the room.

When we asked about breakfast accommodations for the morning of the ride, the front desk was clueless and had to ask the restaurant and call us back. Considering the place was teaming with cyclists and this is one of the biggest annual events past 25 years they may have some preparation prior for their desk agents. I hate to keep comparing but America’s Best Inn welcomed us so warmly and made sure we were aware immediately of the HUGE INCLUDED buffet made available at 5 am for riders that included not just carbs in the form of bagels but eggs too! Holiday Inn finally let us know that a small spread of yogurt, fruit, bagels and water would be available for purchase in the morning. How hard would it have been for them to open the restaurant early for that one day with a real breakfast buffet and include it in the HIGH price of the stay, a huge miss in my opinion. When I arrived in the lobby the next morning, it was crowded with so many cyclists I didn’t immediately see where the buffet was located, so I asked the front desk agent “Where is the buffet?” Instead of pointing it out, she first and quickly reminded me “It’s not free!” Considering I managed the overpriced rate per night, I think I can handle a couple dollars for a bottle of water and fruit! I was not happy!

The room was sufficient, there are again, obvious attempts at upgrades with a nice bed and pillows, flat screen tv with cable and granite vanity in the bathroom and lovely wall art, oh and the desk chair was awesome. However the carpet was filthy, my feet were black! The toilet had the cheapest plastic top and was tiny per my husband! The bath tub had an old discolored mat in the bottom and drained very slowly! The fan remains running the entire time you are in the bathroom and it is so tiny it is a one person at a time only. The coffee maker was in the bathroom! Eww.. and didn’t work properly, and appeared to have a pot that didn’t fit and therefore didn’t allow the coffee to drip.

The room door had a magnet on the floor that was handy to hold it open when bringing in the bikes but it was right in front of the closet and I stubbed my toe on it more than once! We were unable to control the refrigerator settings so even on what we thought was the minimum setting everything started to freeze. A bottle of pelligrino exploded in the night and made a huge mess. The iron had a cord that looked like an extreme fire hazard!

The morning of the ride was chaos at the elevators trying to get bikes and riders down 2 at a time with only 2 elevators and 5 floors! The stairs were marked as fire exits and an alarmed door. We didn't think we could use them but after a long wait and cyclists stacking up, we went for it and the alarms didn't go off.

The restaurant: We had breakfast at the restaurant on our last morning prior to check out. My husband ordered the buffet and I ordered the garden omelet, turkey sausage and fresh fruit (hold the cottage cheese). I also asked that 2 of the 3 eggs for the omelet be just the whites and only one whole egg. I’m very diet conscious due to health issues. I thought our server was very personable and efficient and we did tip her well. My breakfast was pretty disappointing except the coffee was good. The omelet had huge pieces of broccoli, overwhelming it’s flavor, the sausage was dry and the fruit had little white specs on it. When I asked the server what that was she indicated they put sugar on it! I was appalled! I asked for fresh fruit. NO where on the menu does it indicate it has sugar added. I had them take it back and take it off the menu. That makes me sad to know that I try to manage my diet so closely and a restaurant is carelessly adding sugar to fruit and God knows what else to the rest of the food. The restaurant appears to have had some upgrades as well, but the carpet is filthy. Can’t even imagine how many years of grime and bacteria is in it! All the carpets on the guest room floors also looked filthy!

Throughout the hotel the Hospitality Promise is posted: “Making your stay a complete success is our goal. Just let our Manager on Duty or front desk staff know if any part of your stay isn’t satisfactory. We promise to make it right or you won’t pay for that part of your stay.”

Upon check out we told them of the coffee maker, iron and the frozen exploded bottle in the fridge with absolutely no reaction from the front desk agent. They just seemed uninterested. I’m uninterested in returning to this hotel.

Mr/Ms. Bjork4,
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Holiday Inn Salisbury, Maryland does not honor reservations. We got a call from the hotel two weeks before my stay (I'd reserved my room 11 months in advance) from an insolent and indifferent clerk at the hotel saying they would not honor my reservation because of a "plumbing problem" they anticipated having on the night of my visit. No, the hotel manager wasn't available. Lastly, because of an event in town, there wasn't another hotel room for 100 miles.

Laughably, when I phoned later to speak to the manager, another staffer at the hotel (not at the 1-800 number) claimed she didn't know the name of the hotel manager! When Icalled later and found someone who knew his name, they would only say his name is "Sha". Another time I called, a male answered the phone and I asked if he was "Sha". He said, "yes I am". I asked if he was the hotel manager. He said "no, I'm not". I asked if I could speak to the hotel manger, and he said he was the 'general manager'"! He promised to help me find alternate accommodations, took my info, but never got back to me and refused to return my calls.

Driving to my event on the day of my reservation, I found the hotel teeming with guests. The lobby was packed with people wearing the same t-shirts; it's obvious that they unloaded my reservation, lied to me about the hotel-wide "plumbing problem", then sold my room to a large group, presumably a higher price.

This is what the mighty Holiday Inn franchise is reduced to. Opportunistic and brazenly dishonest, the kind of sleazy hotel you read about in desperate back-alley places around the world but which I didn't think had yet infiltrated a U.S. chain like Holiday Inn.

Mr/Ms. Sidavouq,
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Hotel was very pretty, the rooms were very clean and comfortable- liked the refrigerator in the rooms-that was convenient. The breakfast was just okay. The pool area was nice and big, staff was very helpful and kind. Breakfast was good although it was a line in the little breakfast area that seemed a little small for the hotel.
All in all I look forward to staying again. WE LOVED IT!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Agentfuzzy11,
Harrington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My family and I stayed two nights, during a recent visit to Ocean City. We've stayed on the strip previously, and decided to try this property, even though its not as close to the beach (approx 30 min ride). Great staff; very friendly, professional and accommodating. Each time we asked for directions, additional blankets, or toiletries, we received prompt, courteous and expeditious service. The decor is a bit dated, and could use some refurbishing, but overall, the beds and pullout couch were comfy, and the room was clean and quiet. We did not eat the breakfast, but the Manager Mr. Patel was extremely friendly and accommodating, and pointed us in the direction of other dining options.
In fact, I liked this location because it is central to a variety of shopping options, including various retail stores in walking distance. Thanks to Nick, we also discovered Assateaque Island, which is kind of off the beaten track of the Ocean City crowd, but a GREAT island to visit if you love the beach! I would definitely recommend this property, and I do plan to visit again (to go back to Assateqaue Island) before the weather changes. Thanks Holiday Inn Salisbury!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rodney E,
Henidh Shah

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury? Share your experiences!