“simply EXCELLENT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Salisbury Boulevard, Salisbury, MD 21801 (Formerly Holiday Inn Salisbury Downtown Area)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Willemstad, Curacao (Netherlands Antilles)
“simply EXCELLENT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

All we can say is that this hotel is simply EXCELLENT.
Absolutely clean rooms every day.
EXCELLENT service, friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

One generally has an idea of what to expect at a brand hotel, motel, so I was very surprised to find the hallways very warm, and the CAC had not been turned on in the room. We arrived around 10:00PM, and the room did not cool down until around 3:00AM. To make the point, I soaked my washcloth before retiring, and when I went back to the bathroom around 3:00AM, it was bone dry, the bathroom still warm...was not a normal temperature until we left at 7AM.
The night manager took a call from a patron, was very rude on the phone, would not let us review the printout of our bill, which was initially incorrect.
The room was nice, but the entire experience made on worry about what we couldn't see..that was the ambience set.
The lobby was very uninviting, and one could smell the chlorine from the nearby pool in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
New Milford, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Staying here for 3 nights was one of the worst experiences ever. Our room was dirty, bathroom was filthy, towels were old and threadbare, the water came out of the shower head with a trickle, hot water was scarce. The noise at night was extreme, and night 1 of our 3 night stay, the police arrived to break up the mayhem. The pool area was neglected and there was mold and dirt everywhere. The fitness room was dated and very limited. And the staff was uninterested and the manager even more uninterested. Many calls to the GM, Mr. Patel, went unanswered. We stayed here in April 2010 for 3 nights and had a very pleasant experience, but this second stay in April 2011 was truly terrible. DO NOT STAY HERE, this hotel will be closed soon if the owners continue with the current management team. I cannot emphasize enough, stay away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Summary:
0 stars x 3 different encounters - Customer Service Desk, #fail, read rant below

2 stars - The one cleaning person who said good morning as we walked down the hallway (3.5), but deduction as girlfriend heard staff complaining about their job in front of customers. (-1.5)

2 stars - Renovation, new furniture and sink, but TV was terrible and the bed was uncomfortable

0 stars - Room comfort, bad air-conditioning throughout building

3 stars - Location, next to cool little stream and park, but this isn't worth too much when the service was bad

Thought we got a decent deal when we booked this "newly renovated" Holiday Inn for Memorial Day weekend at the last moment and if things went well we may have stayed another night. It looks nice from the outside, nice little walking trail near a stream. Too bad things went badly...thus the rant below.

The problems started when we got to the front desk. The night desk person was sitting on a stool, barely greeted us and not once looked me in the eye during check-in. He seemed disinterested to the point my girlfriend commented on it. We got our keycards and went up to the 5th floor (5 floors total) and we noticed as soon as we got off the elevator the hallway was very hot due to no air conditioning. Imagine when true summer hits! Unless you are one of those Bikram Yoga peeps that like to sweat while relaxing. ;)

The rooms had new furniture and a new bathroom sink as part of the renovation, though I noticed the faucet was loose and the toilet seat was flimsy. Sadly the TV didn't make the list for updates either. This tiny tube set TV can be picked up Craigslist for free in the DC area. Some of the channels were so disfigured it was comical. #fail

The rooms was 84 degrees when we got in. I went to the air conditioner and cranked the air on and set the temp to 73. An hour later it was still warm and everyone in the room was getting grumpy.

The wifi (free at holiday inn) was not connecting on 3 different devices, including a MacBook pro and ipad, these connect to just about anything.

I called the front desk to ask about the air and wifi. The front desk person said he would send maintenance up for the AC and told me without listening to why the wifi wasn't working the user name and password and got me off the phone. I had no idea if access required WEP, WPA, etc.. Or if it was a login on the browser, which is the case for most places. I tried them all, nothing.

Maintenance came up and checked the AC. His solution turn it down to 65 and tell us that was one of the better AC units in the hotel. Really!? As of 3 hrs later it is just now an ok temp. #fail

The maintenance man called down to the front desk to tell him I was still having problems with the wifi. I could hear the desk person telling him the same info in a frustrated tone to which the maintenance man handed the phone back to me. I tried to explain the issue and what I tried to do on my own and the guy just kept talking over me to come down so he could show me. Terrible customer service as he didn't want to listen, even when I told him I know a great deal about wifi networks.

Once I got off the phone, I told the maintenance guy that the front desk person needs to learn to listen instead of talking over people. The maintenance guy said that they had already moved other guests around to get better access. That told me the access point for the wifi was down in our hall and I decides to go down to the front desk and confront him.

At the elevator I got signal on my laptop and was able to login. Yep, something was wrong with the access point down the hall. As soon as I got down to the front desk the guys started giving me crap about being the only one with the problem. Again, terrible customer service skills! I told him that wasn't true since the maintenance guy said they had moved other people to get better access. I then told him what I thought was wrong. After he finally listened he admitted that I might be right and he would check on it. Of course he never followed up and I'm writing this rant on my iPhone.

...Next morning

The next morning when I check out, the day front desk person only said hello and what room was I checking out and then said I was all set. Another missed opportunity to engage the customer, but then again if she knew how crappy the service was, she didn't want to open the door to my rantings.

#epicfail even for a Holiday Inn! Considering the cost that I ended up paying I would rather put the money spent towards a better hotel chain. So much for Holiday Inn's attempt to attract new customers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Crofton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I'm not sure why this hotel has some negative reviews because my experiences here have been pretty good so far.

I'm in Salisbury once or twice a month for business which requires me to stay over. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the rooms and the property in general. This hotel is centrally located dowtown and has been recently redone. The prices are also pretty reasonable. It also features an onsite resturaunt and bar which are pretty nice.

I would definitly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
BelAir, maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Its 3:30 am and I can not sleep. People slamming doors, yelling in halls, music blaring. Have called front desk 4 times and they tell me that an event is going on and the have full use of hotel. I told the "manager" why did they rent us a room and she would not answer. Told she was the only person working in the whole hotel and she would not ask them to quiet down,
DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL you will regret it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

This Hotel SUCKED! The staff doesn't care. There were very few TV stations and they were fuzzy, when my husband inquired at the front desk as to the problem, the desk clerk inquired if my husband was in the military and had he served in Iraq. (He was wearing a shirt in memorial to a fellow soldier who gave his life in Iraq.) She proceeded to tell him that he had no business being in Iraq and how could he kill innocent people. The next day we went to the wrestling tournament early in the morning and didn't get back till 6 pm. We were locked out of our room, and our room wasn't cleaned. Turns out that was the case for every room on the floor, the maids locked everyone out and had not cleaned the rooms. After a full day of wrestling our son needed a shower, and no clean towels, I had to go to the front desk to get them. The manager told me I could wait while they cleaned the room. I told him I would take the towels so my son could shower and then we were going to dinner, then they could clean the room. This was just a few of the issues we had with this hotel.. I emailed Corporate about the horrendous stay that we had. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury? Share your experiences!