“Luxurious, tranquil escape” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in St. Michaels
Baltimore, Maryland
“Luxurious, tranquil escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hands down, this is one of my favorite long-weekend destinations. I recommend it to friends, family and colleagues regularly. As Baltimore residents, my husband and I try to make it to the Inn at Perry Cabin at least 3-4 times a year. The setting is spectacular, the food is excellent, and the service is top notch. As DINKs and regular travelers, we admittedly (and shamelessly) have very high expectations when traveling. Not once have we ever been disappointed by any aspect of our stay at IAPC.

While there are numerous amenities that we love - from the spa, to kayak tours of the bay, to Sherwood Landing restaurant, to comfy, cozy beds - the pool is probably our favorite part of the hotel. Walled by hydrangeas and other blooming plants, the horizon-edge pool is the perfect setting for tranquility and luxury, and exactly what you need to let the worries of the world melt away. Lounging poolside, noshing on tasty treats and sipping cool beverages from the bar, might be as close to heaven as it gets.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie M, Manager at Belmond Inn at Perry Cabin, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Meizer,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about your visits to The Inn at Perry Cabin. We share your feelings that this is indeed a very special place and are thankful that you continue to select us for your weekend getaways.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visited last weekend and our dog got seriously ill (unrelated to the Inn). We had to leave abruptly to an emergency vet at 5:00 a.m. and gave our room keys to the one nice employee we happened to see in the parking lot when we were leaving in the dark. You would have thought someone from the Inn would have called us to see how our dog was since I had called them at
4:30 a.m. to find an emergency vet. My dog was vomiting blood and I was hysterical. We only stayed at the Inn less than 12 hours! For paying over $800 per night, I expected better customer service. We stayed at the Emerson Resort in New York last year and there is no comparison to their customer service which is top notch. We loved St. Michaels but will stay at another hotel/inn the next time we visit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The setting is spectacular, especially when the weather is good. The Inn is rustic, charming and rooms are well appointed. Food was good all around.

Where it fell very short for us was on the service side. Pool staff was useless and rude. I was forced to clean up another guests lunch after we sat down, we had to argue with the bar staff when they over charged us, and in general no one was nice over at the pool. I expected much better from an Orient Express property. Emailed the GM my stories of where they fell short and never heard anything back. We live in DC so it is a short drive, but we will not be going back to spend $500+ a night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie M, General Manager at Belmond Inn at Perry Cabin, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Juelz1111,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our beautiful setting along the banks of the Miles River and that you also enjoyed our food.

Obviously I was disappointed about the service you received at our pool and would like to extend my sincere apologies. Service is most important for us and we clearly did not do a good job.

I have reviewed my email since September and I can not find one from you. I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at smehail@perrycabin.com at your convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed at the Inn at Perry Cabin for 2 nights in July in celebration of a birthday. We had high expectations, based on price and Orient Express affiliation, and we weren't disappointed. The property is top-notch, as is the inn itself and the restaurant. We also spent time both days at the pool, which is set up exactly right for a small high-end place, including a bar and pool service for drinks. We also both got massages at the spa, and mine was certainly one of the best I've had. We're in the DC metro area, and will definitely be back in the future for similar relaxing, long weekends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent Colombus day WE with our two daughters @ Perry Cabin.
We wanted to rest for two days before a visit to DC
The room was quiet and comfortable but small for a family (very thin separation between the parent sleeping area and the kid's one)
Staff was pleasant and efficient except @ the restaurant where the breakfast was very very slow...
I still believe 800$ is very expensive for such a resort with basically no real activity (except a nice gym)
They tried to charge a 70$ resort fee which was really not making sense but they agreed to skip it

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Manager at Belmond Inn at Perry Cabin, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Deny67,

Thank you for your review. While it appears that you enjoyed your visit, I do want to apologize for the slow service you received at breakfast. Unfortunately, with all of the rain over Columbus Day weekend, many of our activities were not available to our guests. Bicycles, Kayaks, Garden Tours, Bocce and Croquet, Walking Tours, Campfire and Smores and outdoor movie night all fell victim to the whims of Mother Nature.

We do hope that you will pay us another visit and with better weather you will be able to take advantage of our abundant resort activities.

S. Mehail
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a few days to re;ax before heading to Annapolis and found this Orient-Express hotel on the water. The hotel is amazing, with beautiful grounds, fabulous dining, totally a peaceful setting and with a great Spa. Our room was wonderful, huge bathroom and bedroom, wifi (yes free which is nice to have annoying charges), and great service. Room service and housekeeping were terrific. Parking is ideal and its a 3 minute drive into a quaint town of St Michaels. A nice Maritime museum, is near by, actually a 5 minute walk, and great dining in town as well.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: book in advance
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife has now finished her medical treatment and we decided to have some time away and picked The Inn at Perry Cabin and thought before booking we would take a trip and look at the property and book in person; we are glad we did. The Inn driveway and entrance is impressive, we parked the car and walked to reception. Two people were manning reception one was dealing with a customer that was becoming angry over errors with his bill the other was dealing with a lady demanding to see the general manager. Not a good start so we waited. Then another receptionist appeared, blonde hair piled on top of her head no smile and in fact reacted as if we were the last people she wanted to see in other words decidedly unfriendly.
I said "May we book a room for the 26th October please"
She said "You want to book for May?"
"No" I said "For the 26th October"
She said "When in October?"
I said "The 26th"
She said "What kind of room?"
"What are the options?" I said
She started to describe rooms
I said "I would like a water view on the top floor"
"I can't confirm a top floor"
"Why?" I asked
"Its first come first served" she said
"So has someone booked them ahead of me I asked"
"No" she said "We cannot confirm a certain room for anyone"
So I said "But you said its on a first come first served basis so how can I be first if its not booking first, do I need to be first arriving on the day?"
"No" she said
"I am happy to pay for my room now if that helps"
"It doesn't" she said
"So how does first come first served work"
She had no answer.
By this stage what with a customer complaining to my left, an angry woman complaining to the manager to my right and this extremely unpleasant and unhelpful person in front of me we walked away taking our business else where

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie M, General Manager at Belmond Inn at Perry Cabin, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear ggrant26,

I was sorry to read of your unpleasant experience on your recent visit to The Inn at Perry Cabin. I want to apologize for the reception you received and would like to discuss your experience further.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Stephanie Mehail

Been to Belmond Inn at Perry Cabin? Share your experiences!