“St. Michaels Motor Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Delaware
“St. Michaels Motor Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is older and is being updated at this time. While the room we had was one of the older ones, it was well maintained and clean. I was able to view one of the newer ones and they are nice. The staff is very nice and helpful, Very close to the center of St. Michaels. Lovethe town and all its charm.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Priyanka P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Michaels Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank You for staying with us. I do appreciate the reviews and we will make sure to continue to put efforts in making every guest stay enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had booked a room online (and then called the verify it with the hotel). They had promised a pull- out couch. There was no pull-out couches there at all. They didn't want to honor our online price. There is new management/owner (she told us that she was the new owner).........and she was the rudest person I've ever met. She didn't want to be helpful or accommodating (and we had just driven 10 hours). The place is tired.......the rooms are small.......and the breakfast stinks. We ended up leaving and going to the Holiday Inn Express Easton (10 miles away) and had the BEST experience there. Please be careful booking at this hotel......especially with horrible customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I would not recommend this Best Western, except for the fact that they are pet friendly. The room was fairly clean, the bathroom was tiny, and It is just not the best of the best as far as accommodations go. The lobby was very clean and inviting and the staff was friendly. I guess the problem is that the motel is very tired and is in serious need of an updating. The breakfast was average and nothing to write home about. The price was fair for the area. PLUS they need better TV reception.

Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Dirty bathrooms, rude staff, did not want us to check in at 2:30 when check in was at 3. We had traveled all day via plane and wanted to change before we went to the wedding we were attending. The towel rack fell off the wall, the hairdryer fell off the wall. When we went to plug in our own hairdryer it broke the plug. Front desk staff was clearly stressed and thus in turn was rude. I was furious I had to pay $200 to stay here for the night. I have stayed in far nicer hotels for half the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business. I was very impressed with the owner and how involved she was. I was also very impressed with the front desk staff who was very helpful and pleasant. My room was very clean and well appointed. I totally loved that I had a window that I could open to let in fresh air. The ammenities were really nice, Pantene products which I use at home. While I was here for a business trip I would totally recomment this hotel for any occassion. The staff is wonderful, friendly and genuine. I will return again soon! Thank you to the staff and the owner for making this trip more memorable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Hollywood, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I will definitely stay here when I go back to St.Michaels! Travis, and the morning front desk attendant were extremely helpful and friendly. We only were able to stay one night this time, but are looking forward to coming again to stay longer. The staff was honest and courteous, and Travis really put up with a lot of questions from me! I wish I could remember the other guys name because he did a great job as well! Thanks for the great service guys!!

Freehold, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We found the Best Western on a pet friendly website call BringFido.com. We wanted to have a long weekend and bring our two Labs with us, and their nightly rate was very reasonable with a low pet fee. The hotel has good curb appeal with a recently upgraded lobby and hallways. Our room was not fancy, but clean and actually quite big. It could have easily fit 2 double beds, but we had 1 Queen with plenty of room for a large dog crate and for the dogs to roam around. They have pet designated rooms, so I expected some sort of “eau-de-doggie”, but there was none. The bathroom needs an update, but the shower had good pressure and was hot. I asked for extra towels and we had to laugh – my husband had read on this very website several complaints about the thin, old towels. The ones we got were fluffy and new – thank you TripAdvisor!! The breakfast was fine with a selection of cereals, muffins, toast, yogurt and a waffle maker. Fresh eggs and sausage were made daily. The hotel is about a mile outside of town, with lots of grassy area for the dogs. As far as I was concerned, this was perfect. There were other dogs staying as well, but we only heard one or two barks, and never during the overnight.

I saw the same staff the whole weekend, and everyone was friendly and helpful. After we checked out, I noticed that I had been charged double for the pet fee. The young man at the desk did not have the authority to issue me a credit, but promised he would have it taken care of – and he did. If we return to the area I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: You may want to avoid the rooms that open right on to the pool in the summer months