The accommodations in this hotel are striking - a sprinkling of hair on bathroom floor, a dash of high quality dust throughout the room and a scent that is reminiscent of the days of my youth when my parents required me to clean out their flooded basement. Other accommodations include a smattering of "antiques." For instance, the bed showed proper wear and sag for a specimen of at least 25 years and the furniture all showed the appropriate pitting, rust and wear that would befit furniture from the era known as the “1980s college dorm room period.” Also appropriate to the historical theme was a large box that pushed out warm air after certain groans and grunts. The purveyor of this fine establishment advertised it is as something called "air conditioning.” This unit served as a fine example of the rudimentary and often unreliable technology from the aforementioned period. Despite its age, the unit kept the room at a constant 85 degrees allowing the guest to appropriately moisten their skin with the consistent drip of perspiration.
This hotel provides an authenticate experience. Unfortunately, that experience is smelly, disgusting and uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming St. Michaels, Maryland hotel provides guests with convenient access to historic St. Michaels filled with quaint shops, outstanding restaurants and a variety of activities to ensure a memorable visit.Each of the 93 comfortable and well-appointed guest rooms feature cable television with HBO® and wireless high-speed Internet access. The hotel offers a complimentary full breakfast each morning for our guest's convenience. Other hotel amenities include two outdoor swimming pools, a 24-hour front desk, some business services and meeting space accommodating up to 40 guests. Guests will enjoy spending a few days in St. Michaels to stroll the historic streets, visit the shops, explore the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum and tour the St. Michaels Winery. The Best Western in St. Michaels is a short distance from a variety of outdoor activities including cycling, golf, kayaking, fishing and guided hunting.The Best Western in St. Michaels is also ideally located for visiting the areas other major attractions. Our guests can load their car or bicycle on the Oxford Bellevue Ferry, located six miles from the hotel, which will take them on a short cruise to explore Oxford, Maryland. Tilghman Island is located just twelve miles from our hotel and accessible by draw bridge. Tilghman Island offers many great restaurants and access to some of the best charter fishing on the Chesapeake Bay. The friendly staff at the Best Western in St. Michaels. is ready to ensure a relaxing and memorable stay for every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN St. Michaels Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western St. Michaels Motor Hotel St. Michaels
- Best Western St Michaels Md
- St Michaels Best Western
- Best Western Saint Michaels
- Saint Michaels Best Western