“Nice Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in St. Michaels
Collingswood, NJ
“Nice Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We haven't stayed at this particular hotel for at least 10 years. It has been vastly improved. Our room was clean and our stay was generally enjoyable. There was a weird dusty square block of wood under the bathroom sink and we could not figure out what it was. The breakfast was okay but.....if breakfast is served until 10:00 am it would be nice if you actually had food for the guests. We apparently got the last of the eggs, sausage and waffles. There were two groups of people with children who came in a little after 9:30 and were not able to partake in anything hot. I did see one of the mothers ask the attendant and was told no more eggs, no more waffle mix. One of the little girls was in tears because she couldn't have any eggs. We usually stay at another chain who actually have food available until 10 and keep it coming and hot until then. I felt bad taking the last of the eggs and sausage. Muffins and danish were also not replenished which seemed unfair due to the amount of people in the coffee shop. Upon check-out the printer was not working and although the desk clerk said she would mail me one, I would have preferred (and in hindsite should have asked for) a handwritten one especially since we paid cash. I do hope a receipt is forthcoming in the next few days. Overall a good value for our money (off season rates)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a nice overnight stay that the Best Western in February. My husband and I stayed in a king room, which was clean and roomy. There are two outdoor pools, which were unfortunately closed b/c it was winter. I'd probably up my stars if I could've swam. The staff was extrenely courteous. Breakfast is until 10am and included a waffle maker. It's about a little over a mile into town, but you cannot walk b/c there aren't sidewalks. I would definitley stay here again while in St. Michael's.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
North Kingstown, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited in February with our dog. I was a little concerned as there were only a couple of cars at this fairly large motel style hotel. It turned out to be a perfectly fine choice for our three day stay. The room was clean and more than adequate. The included breakfast was what you would expect from any chain hotel - they didn't skimp just because there were few guests. The staff was nice and offered great restaurant suggestions (off season choices were very good).

We are used to staying in higher end B&B's so we were prepared to be disappointed, but we were not. If they can deliver in the bleak, off-season, you should be fine anytime of year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
brian m, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Michaels Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments!

We're honored you chose us. We know you have choices and we'll always do our best to make sure we do our best each and everytime for all of our guests
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I'd stayed here three years ago and it was great, not so this time. There was black & orange mold ALL over the shower wall and old, brown soggy grapes left in the refrigerator. The manager sent me a FORM letter saying he was sorry. I hadn't noticed it since I checked in one afternoon, was so tired I went to bed and didn't notice the shower until I got up the next morning.

The manager wasn't on site at the time but he didn't have to take my word as I sent him no less than five pictures of what I experienced. I also sent the pictures to corporate. They don't care. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
brian m, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Michaels Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
We had reached out to the guest personally to apologize for the issues he encountered during his stay. The room should have never been rented as it was slated for renovation. We took responsibility for it and have now received the guests thanks.
Holywood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed just one night here and found the motel adequate. The rooms are somewhat dated, but the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was really good with plenty of options, both hot and cold. The breakfast room was also lovely and overlooked the pool area.

Definitely an inexpensive option for a short stay in St Michaels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as it is quieter, being further from the road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights with 2 other couples, and for the money, it was OK.
The good:
Location-about a 1.5 miles to downtown St. Mike's.
Breakfast-Good free brakfast with hot and cold items.
Bed comfort
Patio tables for meeting friends for drinks.
Good maid service.
The Bad:
Some rooms smelled quite musty. (Not ours thankfully)
The bathrooms were clean but dated.
The pools were closed, even though it quite warm out. (the front pool looks like it has been closed for years.)

To the right of the Motel is Big Rod restaurant, which was surprisingly good for dinner. Fresh local seafood, good service and very reasonable. The drink prices were the lowest I have encountered in years.
Other dining choices involve driving to town.
Compared to pricing of the 2 hotels in town, it was a big savings staying here for the 3 nights, and covered our meals.

Room Tip: Smell the room prior to accepting.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Media, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Not what I was expecting from this hotel. First and foremost, travelers should know that he hotel is over a mile and a half outside of town, and has a distinct "roadside motel" feel. Customer service was poor and I found the front desk attendance apathetic. The room was very bare and dated and the bathrooms were tight. The bed and pillows were uncomfortable. At around 180 per night (w/ tax), I was hoping for a bit more value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN St. Michaels Motor Inn? Share your experiences!