“Nice stay in February” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. Michaels Inn

You added St. Michaels Inn to your Saves list
St. Michaels Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1228 South Talbot Street, St. Michaels, MD 21663-2636 (Formerly BEST WESTERN St. Michaels Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
North Kingstown, RI
“Nice stay in February”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited in February with our dog. I was a little concerned as there were only a couple of cars at this fairly large motel style hotel. It turned out to be a perfectly fine choice for our three day stay. The room was clean and more than adequate. The included breakfast was what you would expect from any chain hotel - they didn't skimp just because there were few guests. The staff was nice and offered great restaurant suggestions (off season choices were very good).

We are used to staying in higher end B&B's so we were prepared to be disappointed, but we were not. If they can deliver in the bleak, off-season, you should be fine anytime of year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
brian m, General Manager at St. Michaels Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments!

We're honored you chose us. We know you have choices and we'll always do our best to make sure we do our best each and everytime for all of our guests

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'd stayed here three years ago and it was great, not so this time. There was black & orange mold ALL over the shower wall and old, brown soggy grapes left in the refrigerator. The manager sent me a FORM letter saying he was sorry. I hadn't noticed it since I checked in one afternoon, was so tired I went to bed and didn't notice the shower until I got up the next morning.

The manager wasn't on site at the time but he didn't have to take my word as I sent him no less than five pictures of what I experienced. I also sent the pictures to corporate. They don't care. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
brian m, General Manager at St. Michaels Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
We had reached out to the guest personally to apologize for the issues he encountered during his stay. The room should have never been rented as it was slated for renovation. We took responsibility for it and have now received the guests thanks.
Holywood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed just one night here and found the motel adequate. The rooms are somewhat dated, but the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was really good with plenty of options, both hot and cold. The breakfast room was also lovely and overlooked the pool area.

Definitely an inexpensive option for a short stay in St Michaels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as it is quieter, being further from the road.
New jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights with 2 other couples, and for the money, it was OK.
The good:
Location-about a 1.5 miles to downtown St. Mike's.
Breakfast-Good free brakfast with hot and cold items.
Bed comfort
Patio tables for meeting friends for drinks.
Good maid service.
The Bad:
Some rooms smelled quite musty. (Not ours thankfully)
The bathrooms were clean but dated.
The pools were closed, even though it quite warm out. (the front pool looks like it has been closed for years.)

To the right of the Motel is Big Rod restaurant, which was surprisingly good for dinner. Fresh local seafood, good service and very reasonable. The drink prices were the lowest I have encountered in years.
Other dining choices involve driving to town.
Compared to pricing of the 2 hotels in town, it was a big savings staying here for the 3 nights, and covered our meals.

Room Tip: Smell the room prior to accepting.
Media, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Not what I was expecting from this hotel. First and foremost, travelers should know that he hotel is over a mile and a half outside of town, and has a distinct "roadside motel" feel. Customer service was poor and I found the front desk attendance apathetic. The room was very bare and dated and the bathrooms were tight. The bed and pillows were uncomfortable. At around 180 per night (w/ tax), I was hoping for a bit more value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had a wedding in town and this was the only chain hotel in the area. I had a room block for about 5/6 rooms which is pretty simple to manage 5/6 rooms out of the 90 or so they have. Well, I was wrong. They had over charged me by more than $400 dollars, they had charged my guests cards even though I had my card on file and had reconfirmed # of rooms, # of nights and which should be charged to my card several times.

When I came in after the wedding to pick up my receipts - they had no clue what was going on as names were changed on one of the rooms. I spoke with the manager/owner, Priyanka. Raj Patel who was literally the worst person I've ever met at a hotel. She was not helpful at all and said I was charged accurately. She herself didn't make the reservations and didn't care that they had messed up the # of rooms, guest names and charged my guests who shouldn't have been charged. I had to argue with her for more than 45 minutes before finally having to leave and waiting until the next day to deal with Kylie who did make all my reservations. I do have to say that Kylie is amazing, super nice to work with (and she's not even the owner) and super helpful. She was able to clear up the issues, but only after a horrible experience with the owner.

PS my guests told me their breakfast was basically microwavable meals - not very good at all. For the price you pay for a room - you're better off going to a B&B in the area and having a much more pleasant and happy experience.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, deal with Kylie do not deal with the owner.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Priyanka P, Owner at St. Michaels Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I am sorry about your experience but as the owner had repeatedly asked you to contact kiley in the matters of your billing and refuse to leave the property until you were refunded, the owner had to step up as the husband came onto the owner with a fist.

i apologize for being what you might assume to be rude but when repeatedly being told the matter will be resolved by the party you were involved with you still dint want to leave furthermore threatening a women with a fist in front of her employees in not considered appropriate either.
Glen Arm, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just stayed at the this hotel over Labor Day weekend. It is more like a motel, where you park outside your room's door. The rooms are small and dated but clean and neat. The free continental breakfast was very good and included egg/sausage sandwiches, waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee/tea, bagels and muffins.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to St. Michaels Inn? Share your experiences!