I had a wedding in town and this was the only chain hotel in the area. I had a room block for about 5/6 rooms which is pretty simple to manage 5/6 rooms out of the 90 or so they have. Well, I was wrong. They had over charged me by more than $400 dollars, they had charged my guests cards even though I had my card on file and had reconfirmed # of rooms, # of nights and which should be charged to my card several times.
When I came in after the wedding to pick up my receipts - they had no clue what was going on as names were changed on one of the rooms. I spoke with the manager/owner, Priyanka. Raj Patel who was literally the worst person I've ever met at a hotel. She was not helpful at all and said I was charged accurately. She herself didn't make the reservations and didn't care that they had messed up the # of rooms, guest names and charged my guests who shouldn't have been charged. I had to argue with her for more than 45 minutes before finally having to leave and waiting until the next day to deal with Kylie who did make all my reservations. I do have to say that Kylie is amazing, super nice to work with (and she's not even the owner) and super helpful. She was able to clear up the issues, but only after a horrible experience with the owner.
PS my guests told me their breakfast was basically microwavable meals - not very good at all. For the price you pay for a room - you're better off going to a B&B in the area and having a much more pleasant and happy experience.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western St. Michaels Motor Hotel St. Michaels
- Best Western St. Michaels Motor Hotel
- Best Western St Michaels Md
- St Michaels Best Western
- Best Western Saint Michaels
- Saint Michaels Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming St. Michaels, Maryland hotel provides guests with convenient access to historic St. Michaels filled with quaint shops, outstanding restaurants and a variety of activities to ensure a memorable visit.Each of the 93 comfortable and well-appointed guest rooms feature cable television with HBO® and wireless high-speed Internet access. The hotel offers a complimentary full breakfast each morning for our guest's convenience. Other hotel amenities include two outdoor swimming pools, a 24-hour front desk, some business services and meeting space accommodating up to 40 guests. Guests will enjoy spending a few days in St. Michaels to stroll the historic streets, visit the shops, explore the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum and tour the St. Michaels Winery. The Best Western in St. Michaels is a short distance from a variety of outdoor activities including cycling, golf, kayaking, fishing and guided hunting.The Best Western in St. Michaels is also ideally located for visiting the areas other major attractions. Our guests can load their car or bicycle on the Oxford Bellevue Ferry, located six miles from the hotel, which will take them on a short cruise to explore Oxford, Maryland. Tilghman Island is located just twelve miles from our hotel and accessible by draw bridge. Tilghman Island offers many great restaurants and access to some of the best charter fishing on the Chesapeake Bay. The friendly staff at the Best Western in St. Michaels. is ready to ensure a relaxing and memorable stay for every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Best Western and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN St. Michaels Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.