Chose this Best Western for our first visit to St. Michael's and glad we did. I was attracted by a relatively good value compared with other local offerings. From our arrival and throughout, the staff was friendly and made us feel comfortable. The room was OK but in need of minor touch-ups - none of serious concern, so we would gladly revisit this inn. The staff does a nice job with their breakfast buffet (included) which made it convenient to fuel-up and start our day quickly.
The in-room WiFi connection was a bit temperamental, but with a little persistence, I could connect with my iPod and laptop and enjoy respectable speeds (like most places, they use 11g, not the faster 11n routers). They also had a PC and printer in the lobby which worked fine.
The inn is located as you approach town, but it's a bit far for most to walk downtown so you'll probably want to take your car. No problem, there seems to be adequate free parking, but then we were there at the beginning of the week, a typically quieter time according to some of the local shops.
Overall, a comfortable stay, and for the value, we hope to visit again as there is more to see/do in St. Michaels and the nearby region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming St. Michaels, Maryland hotel provides guests with convenient access to historic St. Michaels filled with quaint shops, outstanding restaurants and a variety of activities to ensure a memorable visit.Each of the 93 comfortable and well-appointed guest rooms feature cable television with HBO® and wireless high-speed Internet access. The hotel offers a complimentary full breakfast each morning for our guest's convenience. Other hotel amenities include two outdoor swimming pools, a 24-hour front desk, some business services and meeting space accommodating up to 40 guests. Guests will enjoy spending a few days in St. Michaels to stroll the historic streets, visit the shops, explore the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum and tour the St. Michaels Winery. The Best Western in St. Michaels is a short distance from a variety of outdoor activities including cycling, golf, kayaking, fishing and guided hunting.The Best Western in St. Michaels is also ideally located for visiting the areas other major attractions. Our guests can load their car or bicycle on the Oxford Bellevue Ferry, located six miles from the hotel, which will take them on a short cruise to explore Oxford, Maryland. Tilghman Island is located just twelve miles from our hotel and accessible by draw bridge. Tilghman Island offers many great restaurants and access to some of the best charter fishing on the Chesapeake Bay. The friendly staff at the Best Western in St. Michaels. is ready to ensure a relaxing and memorable stay for every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN St. Michaels Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western St. Michaels Motor Hotel St. Michaels
- Best Western St Michaels Md
- St Michaels Best Western
- Best Western Saint Michaels
- Saint Michaels Best Western