“Best Ever B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast
You added Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
200 Cherry Street, PO Box 956, St. Michaels, MD 21663-0956   |
Ranked #1 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hagerstown
“Best Ever B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2005

My husband and I have been staying at the Dr. Dodson House B&B since 1996. It is our most favorite B&B in the world. The hospitality, warmth, and genuine regard for us while we are guests is the very best. Innkeepers, Janet and Gary, are like family to us. Janet's culinary delights are exceptional. We always look forward to the made to order breakfasts with great anticipation. We will be returning to the Dr. Dodson House for our annual visit in December of 2005 for Christmas in St. Michaels. The Dr. Dodson House is the kind of nurturing experience that refreshes the body, soul, and spirit.

• Stayed June 2004

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

Previous reviewers have already raved about the great food and wonderful hospitality here which makes it difficult to be original. I agree that the friendliness of innkeepers Gary and Janet is what sets this B&B above others. Gary and Janet both made me feel very comfortable and I enjoyed our interesting conversations about their B&B experiences. As an example of their extra attention, Janet arranged a last-minute, same-day spa appointment for me at the Willis Salon/Spa in Easton (best massage ever!).

Spacious rooms, coffee brought to the room before going down to breakfast, guest pantry where I could fix myself a cup of tea, cocoa, or coffee in the evening or grab a bottled water on my way out in the morning, mini-fridge for dinner leftovers. And, okay, my own raves about the food - the mixed fruit cup was a deliciously fresh lead-in to the eggs benedict and the pesto pizza and the potstickers were favorites out of the evening hors d’oeuvres. I hope Janet does put together the Cooking Class Getaway that she mentioned as a possible future plan!

• Stayed July 2005
Cockeysville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2005

A wonderful bed & breakfast centrally located in St. Michael's, Maryland. Walking distance to shops, restaurants, and boat cruises. The rooms have been completely renovated and are warm, inviting, and beautifully decorated. The Victorian charm remains, but with all the modern amenities one could ask for. The hosts are very gracious and friendly. Hors d'oeuvres and wine are served at 6 in the parlor, and an absolutely delicious gourmet breakfast is served in the morning (you chose the time, from 7-10 am). Perfect for a romantic getaway.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

My Husband and I have visited the St. Michaels/Easton area for over 10 years. Since we discovered Dr. Dodson House (the BEST B&B ever!) we have never/nor would we ever consider staying anywhere else. Janet and Gary, the wonderful Hosts, immediately make you feel at home. The accomodations, attention to detail, wonderful evening cocktails by a warm fire, delicious breakfasts and helpful sightseeing hints from the Hosts will ensure your stay is completely relaxing and wonderful. You will leave feeling pampered and refreshed (and like you have made new friends!). I'm only sorry that it seems our little "get away from it all" has been found out by too many others and we will have to "fight" for a reservation! So, if you are considering the St. Michaels area for a visit, include Dr. Dodson House as part of your agenda (did I tell you it is the BEST B&B ever?!).

Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2005

Janet and Gary have thought of all the details and provide a quaint, comfortable and well appointed bed and breakfast. The food was delicious and I might try to replicate one of the hor'dourves served at 6pm - "pigs on a date" (they were yummy!!) It was with reluctance that we had to leave the comfort of the porch, and the beauty of the nearby docks. We highly recommend this B&B and hope to return ourselves in the future.

• Stayed August 2005
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2005

My wife and I just stayed at the Dr Dodson House for our 10th time. Words are not enough to explain what a delightful B&B Janet and Gary run. Like my wife always says when we first arrive, "We feel like we are home". The two bedrooms at the Inn have recently been repainted and redecorated. What a warm, comfortable and inviting space they've turned them into. We so look forward to the good conversation with Janet and Gary and hors d'oeuvres at 6:00 PM. Janet's breakfasts' are beyond compare. There are many fine choices on the menu. The only thing we dislike about the B&B is having to leave at the end of our stay. We have stayed as many as four days in a row and never have had any negative incidents occur. We look so forward to our annual trips to St Michaels and the Dr Dodson House. Tripadvisor made a very wise choice for highest rated B&B in St Michaels.

Don&Pat

• Stayed August 2004
Chadds Ford, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

I could spend days exploring St. Michaels but only had two nights. The location is ideal, the hosts delightful, the linens divine, and the amenities beyond compare. Janet hasn't forgotten anything. Her treats upon arriving were wonderful. While I was there she made dates stuffed with cream cheese and pecans, wrapped in bacon. Chocolate chip cookies were waiting in my room and the breakfasts are not to be missed. The location is perfect. Once I arrived I didn't need my car for the rest of the trip because everything is within walking distance. The pictures on the web site simply do no do this fabulous B&B justice. You have to see to appreciate. Rates are extremely reasonable for the location and the amenities. Don't pass it by!

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!