“Great experience all around” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
“Great experience all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We had a Mom/Daughters weekend and I wanted to book the best restaurant in town and this was the place! I wish we could afford to stay here but we walked around the property before dinner and then enjoyed great food and wine and of course dessert/coffee. The dining room doesn't have a bad seat. The staff is very friendly. I consider myself a "crab cake snob" since I grew up on the eastern shore and their crab cakes were out of this world! I even let my sisters and mom try it just so they'd believe me. It was well worth the extra $

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Laurel, Maryland
“Fancy and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Sherwood's Landing is the main restaurant in the Inn at Perry Cabin. The setting is beautiful, with lots of windows overlooking the gardens and the Bay. Tables for two against the windows are fabulous, but larger parties will have to sit in the center of the room, or in the part in the IPC building proper. Service was excellent but not too obtrusive. When the wine I ordered turned out to be out, the waiter made a suggestion for a substitute: $20 more per bottle, which he offered to discount $10. In this case, it was a fortuitous event, since it was a superb wine. Appetizers were good, but not spectacular. Both entrees (butter poached lobster, and tilefish on roasted spring vegetables with vierge sauce) were cooked very nicely. I found the vierge sauce to be too vinegary, so much so that it interfered with the delicate taste of the fish.
We shared a desert (lemon thyme olive oil cake with black tea ice cream) that was forgettable.

Bottom line: A fine dinner in beautiful surroundings, but please see my review of Bistro St. Michaels. Sherwood's is great, if you're staying for more than one day…

Visited April 2014
Northfield, New Jersey
“Good food, nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Had lunch with my husband at Sherwood's Landing, For the most part our food was prepared and presented nicely. My only complaint would be that although our server was polite and friendly, our service could have been better. The restaurant was not busy, however, we waited too long for our water and bread to come to the table. We were then told the bread was being cooked, however, 20 minutes later a choice of two rolls had been brought to the table but neither were freshly baked, so I didn't understand that at all....who knows.
My husband ordered oysters, soup, salad and rockfish. When asked what he wanted served first, he asked for the oysters, then soup. The first item he was given was the salad. Rather than say anything he started to mix it when the waitress returned with both his oysters and soup. Having been seated at a small table for two by the window, there was no room for all the food which had basically been served at the same time. He handed me his salad so he would have room to eat the oysters and soup. The waitress did not acknowledge the situation at all.
Except for the odd service during a less than busy lunch hour (4 other tables), our food was very good. Yes, it is a bit pricey but there were no complaints about the quality.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Concord, New Hampshire
“One of the BEST Anywhere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This place is beautiful, inside and out. Our party of 7 enjoyed a meal to remember and not JUST because the food was excellent and excellently presented on this cold, rainy night. Our waiter, Chance, treated us to his masterful removal of the cork from a bottle of Port by a feather...not your grandmother's parlor trick! Otherwise, for me, the culinary highlight was the Halibut, fresh from the sea and cooked to perfection. Can't wait to return to Sherwood's Landing!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Walked to this "wedding crashers" restuarant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We walked from our B&B (Bay Cottage Waterfront B&B) to Sherwood's Landing for lunch. We love the beautiful water views and the delicious food. It was just like the movie "wedding crashers". Very good.

Visited April 2014