“Great desserts” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
New Market, Maryland, United States
“Great desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I visited Sweetie Bakery after we had eaten at another restaurant as we just wanted something sweet. We ordered cupcakes and a chocolate milkshake. I ordered a vanilla cupcake with strawberry frosting and my wife ordered a chocolate cupcake with raspberry frosting. Both were delicious. As far as the milkshake, we decided to share one and I'm glad we did because they only have one size and it was huge....and very chocolatey.

The people that waited on us were young (probably 17-19) but were very nice. There were no older adults there but even so, they were very nice and did a great job.

We were also tired because we had been walking a lot and it was very hot outside. Sweetie's has stools that you can sit at and we chose to sit by the front window that faces the main street which was very nice because we could relax, enjoy our cupcakes, and watch the people walk by. If you have a sweet tooth, this is the place to go as they offer pastries other than cupcakes.

They also had a sign that said they serve breakfast all day. We didn't get breakfast but thought I'd mention that on my review.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland
“Who couldn't love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went in here yesterday because we were in St. Michaels for his birthday. He is a foodie, a great cook and baker and has quite the sweet tooth. He ordered the flourless chocolate torte. He told me its very rare to find because they are time consuming to make. I had never had one but it was delicious and he raved about it. I loved the 1950s bar stools and atmosphere. The owner and staff were all super friendly and just thought this place was a gem. Can't imagine the negative review.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Not good.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I did not read the reviews before stoping here, but I have to agree 100% with the person that said "If you like dried out cake and Crisco frosting". When we ate, or rather took a bite of the cupcakes you could tell right away that they were dried out or just stale, but we couldn't put our finger on the icing that we hated...until we read the crisco comment...Thats it. It's a cute place but they NEED to change or learn how to make cupcakes. Sorry, we wanted to like your place but these we the worst cupcakes I have ever eaten. I really don't understand the good reviews.

Visited June 2013
maryland
“No problems with the cupcakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I purchased cupcakes bi-weekly from Sweetie Bakery since it has reopened. I love the chocolate frosting on the chocolate cupcake, the red velvet is to die for , also the carrot cake. I have not been brave enough to try the bacon topped capcake. However, they promise it that it is as good as it looks. I have eaten cupcakes in many cities, New York and Washington DC to name a few. The cupcakes at Sweetie are delicious. Never have they been dry or bad as some of the other reviews have stated.
If there is any problem, inform the staff. The crossifants are great too. Better heated with some ham. Yummy for your tummy. Pretty sure the calorie count is high. As they are very buttery.

I would highly recommend this bakery. I think from what I have noticed, more visitors to St Michaels visit on the weekend than the locals. They should offer promotions and bring in some of the locals. Once you try them, you will come back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“I don't get the high reviews. The cupcakes are the worst.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you like dried out cake and Crisco frosting, this is the place for you. This is a cute little place but they have no clue how to make cup cakes. Sorry; this is not the place to go.

• Visited May 2013