“Quality food offerings and hospitable service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
houston
“Quality food offerings and hospitable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed appetizers of mussels, egg rolls and some of the best lobster bisque we have had. Also really liked the lamb burger. Unfortunately, we just missed the soft shell season
If wish to have taverna offerings, rememer that on saturday nights, these are not available in the main dinning room.

Visited October 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We really enjoyed dinner at 208. We didn't have a reservation, but got lucky to have an opening. Food was delicious and the service was great.

Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wow, Wonderful food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Going off of the recommendations from Trip Advisor, we decided to have dinner at 208 Talbot, and I am so glad we did. We did not have reservations, but they were able to seat us in the Tavern area, and the full menu was available. I chose to have the wine parings with my meal and the wines picked for me were wonderful. Both my husband and my meals were delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Loudonville, New York
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a very nice dinner at 208 Talbot. Steak Diane and snapper special were terrific . Crab meat spring rolls and beet salad were nice starters and pumpkin cheese cake was a very nice way to finish an excellent meal. Service was good and the decore was simple and not overdone. Try it.

Visited September 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Can't believe I'm saying this but their bread pudding is better than Bobby Flay's and believe me that's saying a lot. Within walking distance of a least two B&Bs. Excellent and attentive wait staff without being overbearing. Staff is helpful with making suggestions on the food and wine. A nice selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts. Definitely order the bread pudding. Portions are large, but definitely order the Maryland Crabcake that comes with thin, grilled vegetables. The sesame crusted tuna that comes with crab fried rice and an orange sauce is outstanding. We shared a beet salad over baby spinach that came with a goat cheese crouton that when you broke it open oozed with warm goat cheese. A real winner. The atmosphere is warm and the tables are spaced nicely. I can't wait to go back. Ii usually don't feel that way, but this restaurant was the highlight of my trip.

• Visited September 2013