“Maybe the best meal we've ever had. Period.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Leesburg, Virginia
“Maybe the best meal we've ever had. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

For my Valentine's Day surprise to my wife, we spent the weekend in St. Michael's. We read a lot about 208 Talbot, but nothing did justice to the quality of the dining experience. I may have been the best dinner we've ever had.

We ordered Seared Scallop and Lobster Spring Rolls for our appetizers. I don't think I've seen bigger scallops, and they were perfectly cooked, with a little home-cured bacon on top. The rolls were crispy and light; not greasy at all like I've had elsewhere. Delicious thai chili sauce on the side made it an instant hit for us.

Our entrees just blew our minds. As seafood worshipers, we're used to boasts about quantity and quality, yet have been disappointed many times. Not here.

My wife ordered the Seared Snapper with Lump Crab, served over basmati rice, spinach, with a light lemon cream sauce. Heard nothing but "mmmmm!" coming from her. And the amount of snapper and crab was amazing!

Then as if to top that, I ordered the Seafood Vol au Vent. Admittedly, I had not idea what "vol au vent" is (a puff pastry), but that didn't even matter. There was so much seafood in this dish I had to stop and take it all in: jumbo shrimp, whopper scallops, half a small lobster tail, lump crab meat, all sandwiched between two light & flakey puffs with mushrooms, spinach and lobster cream sauce.

Straight outta seafood heaven. No question about it.

Then, as if we had space, my wife ordered the Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake. I hate cheesecake myself, but this was an eye-opener. Light and fluffy with that distinctive irish cream taste.

We love great food, and have no qualms about spending money on a great meal. This was the best we've ever had regardless of price, and that's saying a lot given the places we've been.

Silver Spring, MD
“Excellent dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Delicious food, fancy but not stuffy dining room, friendly wait staff, reasonably priced good wine, m-m-good Bailey's cheesecake - what's not to like?

West Chester
“Very Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Food was very good. Service was casual but very good (casual as opposed to the more formal Inn at Perry Creek). Wine by the glass choices were not so good, but the wine by the bottle list was extensive.

Maryland
“Phenomenal......in all aspects.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Taking a break from everything after Christmas, we stayed in St. Michaels for a couple of days. Upon recommendation we went to the "208 Talbot." It was REALLY busy, but that didn't prevent service from being outstanding! A lot of good thought went into the wine list. It is deep and very complementary to the menu. I'm always a bit cautious when the place where we're staying "highly" recommends a certain restaurant, but this was right on target. Salads were unique and again, much thought went into the their preparation. They came out crisp, fresh and any other superlative I can think of to describe them. Our entrees were wonderfully prepared and NOT salty. I had the special which was pan-roasted red snapper amid gorgeously sauteed vegetables.....AND.....the vegetables had a personality and wonderfully satisfying flavor of their own. It was really cold out and really cozy inside. Go thee, to 208 Talbot.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed our dinner but don't feel like I can give a fair review since we went on an extremely busy holiday night. I can imagine how it would be with less stress on the kitchen and front side staff and look forward to going back to see.

Visited December 2012