“My 1st B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of George Brooks House B&B

and 1 more site!
You added George Brooks House B&B to your Saves list
George Brooks House B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   24500 Rolles Range Road, St. Michaels, MD 21663   |
Ranked #8 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My 1st B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at George's Brooks B&B! Stayed in room 1 which was very nice and clean! I love the fact that I could walk out and relax on the patio! Breakfast was good and the other guest were very friendly and welcoming ! I enjoying riding the bikes around the neighborhood ! And they had tons of DVDs I watched before I went to bed each night ! I wish I could have figured out how to get the fire place to work in my room! Also next time I will go swimming ! Will the inn taker was very pleasant he gave us a wonderful recommendation to a local restaurant! And near by attractions ! We will be back

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We really liked the GB house.
Thanks Will for setting up such a great B&B!
Room was comfortable and inviting. the amenities well thought out.
Great pool and we particularly loved the bikes they make available.. saves us the trouble of bringing our own and biking through town and down to oxford was a great activity..
We'd definitely come again and highly recommend GB House..

Close enough to town for the convenience, but far enough way to have some room for a big pool and outdoor patio...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ruckersville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The George Brooks house was close to town and with its pool offered a welcome respite to the hot and humid weather. Breakfast was very good, and all the conveniences to make a weekend stay enjoyable were carefully thought out. The room was nice, and arrangements were made for a perfectly wonderful in-room massage with Gabrielle. The pool was the first reason we booked the room, but the food, and conveniences will bring us back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My friend and I stayed at George Brooks House for a girls' retreat. We chose this Inn for the location, great price, and amenities. It surpassed my expectations! The rooms were beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable. The pool was delightful. The breakfasts (we stayed 3 nights) were superb. Will has put a lot of thought into making this Inn the place to be. A refrigerator was available to hold guest drinks or snacks and hot and cold beverages were available anytime. Lively chats over breakfast with guests from around the world enhanced our stay. We had such a lovely time both at the Inn and shopping in St. Michael's that we're already planning our next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding that was at the Inn at Perry Cabin. Neither my husband nor I have ever stayed at a bed and breakfast but we were pleasantly surprised with our experience. They graciously set aside our key for a late check-in the night of our arrival. The room was great and very clean - my husband was very happy we had a private bathroom! The breakfasts - oh the breakfasts! I loved having an actual breakfast not just a continental buffet of semi-warm crap you get at a chain hotel. We had quiche Lorraine the first morning and a yummy lemon ricotta bake with ham the second morning. Will and his staff were very friendly and gave us great advice for where to eat in St. Michael's. I wish we had more time to enjoy the pool out back but had many wedding festivities going on.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is our third time back at the George Brooks House and we've always enjoyed our time there. The prices are reasonable, rooms are nice, and breakfast is tasty. There's always tea, coffee, and cold drinks on hand if you need them and they provide a library of DVDs for those who are just looking for some time to veg out away from the hectic-ness of home. Another nice perk is that they had bicycles on hand our second visit which allowed us to ride into town without worrying about parking.

We've typically stayed in the Queen Fireplace room which provided comfortable bedding, plush bath towels, and a functioning gas fireplace for the chillier nights. For breakfast this latest visit, we had belgian waffles with fruit and muffins one morning, and we were served quiche with fruit and coffee cake the next. Both meals were very delicious, though being pregnant, my wife definitely wanted more than one serving!

The Workmans have always been very kind and welcoming to us, have been accommodating to all of our needs, and were always accessible for anything even if it was for a dining suggestion. For us, this is our go-to place for a weekend away in St Michael's.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Will has it set up so that you can make yourself so at home. Coffee maker available 24/7; I don't recall that we've had separate thermostats everywhere before, a cozy fireplace (which we did not need last week), access to cold drinks in 'fridge. A number of little things that you don't think of but are nice to have. Good food and good dining recs too.
I believe the Germans have a phrase, Gemutlichkeit that applies here.We'd stay again.

Room Tip: may wish to be upstairs or you will hear heavy footsteps overhead on creaky floors