“Excellent restaurant....” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Theos Steaks, Sides & Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: High quaility USDA Prime cuts as well as Certified Black Angus, complimented with Fresh Local Seafood and ingredients. We also have our Daily Dinner Section with all items under $20. Check out our Award Winning Wine List!
Olney, Maryland
“Excellent restaurant....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

...a bit expensive.....but they do have several meals, with potato and daily vegetable for under $25. My favorite is the prime rib. The choice steaks are a la carte with vegetable or potato sides for $7.00. My wife had the petite filet with the twice baked potato as a side. The potato was large and would do for two. Their fried oyster appetizer is excellent and large. Good wine selection that is categorized by country and type. Good salads. Good desserts....my wife had a peach creme brûlée and I had the berry sorbet. Service was good and friendly....but perhaps served a bit too fast. We have been there a few times before and will go back again. Sister restaurant Ava's next door is also one of our favorites. Street parking is sometimes hard to find close on weekends in season, but they do have limited parking behind their restaurants.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

new jersey
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

A feast for the eyes as well as the palette! Great service. Upscale dining. Steaks, wine, salads all terrific.

Visited July 2013
Madison, Connecticut
“Special Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were so glad to get a Saturday night reservation at this recommended restaurant. Even in early spring it is a good idea to call a few days in advance. The food was very tasty and just the right amount - short ribs with blue cheese grits and sauteed spinach and coriendar-crusted salmon with arugula salad and potatoes. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We would definitely go again when next in St. Michael's.

Visited April 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Very Disappointed-- Wanted to Love it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Yelp! and TripAdvisor reviews are invaluable when deciding to try a new restaurant. Especially if it is a nicer, expensive restaurant where you plan to pay higher prices for exceptional quality food and superior service. After reading all of the positive reviews of Theo's we couldn't wait to try it out. Unfortunately, we were simply disappointed all around.

Service started out great but after getting our appetizers, the service tapered off as the evening went on. Appetizers were served promptly but we were told fresh bread and butter was on its way out. We had to ask for it after our appetizers were cleared. We got the bread, but never the butter. We asked for fresh ground pepper for our salads and our waiter pointed to the pepper mill on the table. We ordered a very nice bottle of Groth, listed on the menu as a 2009. We didn't notice until halfway through the bottle that we were served a 2010. While the vintage was equally delicious, the issue we had was that the waiter showed the bottle to our friend who did not order it, poured the tasting from across the table into my husband's glass who did order it. Didn't twist the bottle at end of each pour causing wine to drip down the bottle, and worst of all.... Never asked if we wanted another bottle or even another drink for that matter! It would have behooved the waiter to ask as it would have increased his check total and ultimately his tip. When we brought the 2009/2010 vintage issue to the waiter's attention he more or less shrugged it off and said they must be out of 2009 because that was the last bottle of Groth in the house.

Other minor issues: my husband asked for another napkin and he never got it. We didn't see our server again until we were practically done with our entrees. We ordered two of the USDA prime filets (supposedly the last two). Cooked as requested, but was not hot when presented. One was half the size of the other, room temperature on the outside and pretty much cold in the center which really muted the flavor. We also ordered the Prime NY Strip. Well seasoned, tasty, but again, room temperature on the outside and cool internally. The fourth dish, the Seafood & Oyster Pot Pie. Folks, don't waste your money on this. Get a steak. A hot steak. The description should say "full of potatoes and peas with hints of seafood" not "full of seafood and vegetables". I honestly had two small oysters and possibly 4 or five "bits" of diced shrimp. The rest was potatoes, peas and a rich (yet tasty) creamy sauce. I was actually looking forward to the Shrimp Scamp listed on your website menu, but when I asked the waiter about it he had no clue what I was talking about. I specifically said there is a seafood pasta dish listed on your menu online and he said "we don't have any pasta dishes". Your online menu clearly says "Theo's Shrimp Scampi". So either your website is not updated or your servers are not updated. Either way, I blame that on management for lack of oversight.

We eat out a lot and don't mind spending money on a great meal and great experience. This just wasn't one of them. We were starving so we didn't complain at the time and just bit our tongues. And we still chose to tip our waiter over 20% as the food issues were not his fault and we gave him the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to him being really busy. Many of our issues could easily be resoloved by management initiating training that promotes higher standards for a truly fine dining experience. I also think the manager should stop by each table to greet guests and ask how everyone's experience was. Make me WANT to come back. Ending on a positive note, I will give it 5 stars for ambiance.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Now That's What I Call Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife abducted me for my 55th birthday and had made reservations at Theo's based on someone's recommendation. I could kiss that person! Menu was short but sweet so we opted for the dinner for 2. @ Strip steaks cooked to our individual liking, split potato about the size of Connecticut, creamed spinach. Server recommended the salt block appetizer, we opted for shrimp and filet. Appetizer was so good I almost had a second order but I am glad I did not since the dinner arrived and I saw the portions on the plate. The strip was huge, the potato was massive, the spinach bowl seemed bottomless. I can eat and I was full before I could clean my plate. Then the server shows up with a warm brownie sundae which was just enough to send me into lah lah land. The portions we brought home were enough for an entire meal the next day and perfectly cooked and seasoned. Will make sure to recommend to anyone heading to Eastern Shore.

• Visited March 2014