“Perfect for us!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
You added Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
24640 Yacht Club Road, St. Michaels, MD 21663   |
Ranked #7 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“Perfect for us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

There are three things that are important to us when visiting a B and B. They are: location, cleanliness, and hospitality. The bay cottages scored perfectly on all three for us!
The B and B is located on an inlet from the Miles River. There are adorondack chairs on the point that are just the most amazing place to sit in the morning with coffee, afternoon with wine, night to watch the stars!! The spot is just amazing. Gazing out at sailboats and the water is breathtaking.
The B and B is about one mile from town of st Michael's. We easily walked in and back again. Several couples used the bikes to bike around the town. At night we drove and there was plentiful parking spaces in town.
We found the B and B to be spotless. Saw many people scrubbing! Rooms were very, very clean.
But the strength of this lovely place is the staff!! Wow!! I think we smiled from the moment we arrived and met Jackie until we pulled away!! Such energy! Such personality! Such manners! We loved Jackie and her staff.
The people staying there were so interesting and wonderful to visit with.
Highlight of breakfast was the fruit salad.
We went for two nights but enjoyed it so much actually stayed an extra night. We never, ever
do that! Says volumes for how much we enjoyed our stay!!
Word of warning... No credit cards!! We did not read instructions carefully; again Jackie was so gracious!
Setting is beautiful and fun!!
Thank you, Jackie, for an incredible experience!

• Stayed July 2014
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you so much for being the perfect guests everyone dreams of hosting. You are so delightful, sweet, and just all around wonderful. All of us Bay Cottage staff and the other guests enjoyed your company. We were so happy having you with us.

Our local farmers are also very happy that you enjoyed their produce. The breakfast strawberries, blueberries, watermelons, cantaloupes, honeydews, Juan Canaries, “Passport Melons”, and peaches are all locally grown. The eggs are also from local farms. We as an agricultural community are very happy to be so blessed with good soil and weather.

Since you visited Bay Cottage, we have set up our credit card system to make it easier for you. However, we are very grateful when our guests pay with cash or check so that we save the credit card fee. For a “Ma and Puppy” (not even “Ma and Pa”) business, it helps so much when you can help us. We really appreciate it. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I can’t wait to see you enjoy our new amenities – a relaxing massage at our waterside spa or in a Bali-style cabana; warming up on a cool evening at our fire pit while soaking in the panoramic water views; fishing from our pier; kayaking down our creek and checkout the waterfowls from the nature walk along our private shoreline. Or, just “Relax”. I have a very exciting winter menu to showcase our winter harvest. (hint …. something about figs and bread and pizza dough).

I look forward to seeing you.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at bay cottage overnight. Great location and views. Close in to all the local attractions but far enough away that it is not touristy. Great place to come back to after a 30 mile bike trip and jump in the pool ( after a rinse of course) or launch a kayak and go to town for lunch. Jackie is a great host and very helpful.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow! 30 mile bike trip – good for you! Cool-off in the pool, kayaking down the river, and more pool – all within 24 hours. What an active outdoors day at Bay Cottage.

I was so very honored to have you with us. I am delighted our location allows an action-packed Chesapeake Bay getaway.

I am looking forward to seeing you again. I do hope you have more time in your next visit to enjoy a relaxing massage at our new spa, or an outdoors Bali-style cabana massage, or roast some marshmallows at our new waterside fire pit and take in the views.

We are so excited with all the outdoors activities here at Bay Cottage that we could provide for your enjoyment.

We look forward to seeing you.
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I recently visited one of my oldest and dearest friends in the US. We decided to do a "Thelma and Louise" road trip from Lambertville, NJ to Chesapeake Bay and were fortunate enough to have made a booking at Bay Cottage with Jacky. I am from South Africa, and have often admired the beautiful settings in movies which are similar to those of Bay Cottage, never believing for a minute that I would be sitting on an Adirondek chair sipping a glass of wine enjoying the most incredible sunsets, reflections on the water and surrounded by beautiful homes with boats moored in front of them. The cottages are beautifully decorated with a home away from home feel, so you never want to leave. Jacky cooked the most amazing breakfasts, served in a glass enclosed breakfast room with the most beautiful view of her gardens and the water. If you are looking for inspiration, want to feel energized again and have a relaxing time, then you have to spend time with Jacky at Bay cottage, this petit and strong women will have a huge impact on you! Thank you so much Jacky, I hope to be back again next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
A very warm American Hello to South Africa.

I had the most amazing time with you - “Thelma and Louise” at Bay Cottage – the conversations, the laughter, the sharing of life experience from around the world, and the friendship and love that made us family. Wow, I am so lucky to have had you with us to share all the beautiful things in life. Thank you. We definitely enjoy the special opportunity to welcome and entertain international travelers at Bay Cottage.

You are such a special pleasure to be with. It was so much fun to hear your adventures in St. Michaels, in the US, in the world, and in life. I can’t wait to see you again.

When you come next time, let us pamper you with some newly developed amenities: a waterside massage in our spa (the little house next to the pier) or let’s do an outside massage while enjoying the gentle breezes in our curtain-draped Bali-Style Cabana. If you come in early Spring, let’s roast some marshmallows at the waterside fire pit. The hammocks are always ready for you. I do hope we will have more Spring blooms next year. Yes, I will lead an early morning Yoga practice on the smallcraft deck or on the lawn.

To honor my international family, I am adding your Red-Blue-Green-Gold-Black-White South Africa flag to our collection. I will take a picture of the flags I fly and post it on my blog/web site to celebrate our extended international family and friends. Of course Union Jack has been in our collection for a very long time (smile to the other half of “Thelma and Louise”).

I am very much looking forward to seeing my “Thelma and Louise” sisters again. Please join us to celebrate Bay Cottage’s 20th Anniversary in 2015.

Cheers.
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Based on the reviews and picture on the web we decided to try Bay Cottage; what an amazing place to stay. I do agree with other reviews that I am a bit hesitant to write how wonderful it was as it may be difficult to get reservations in the future, but Jackie, the owner certainly deserves to have all the credit for creating an environment that can be whatever you want it to be.
We had 2 amazing days there and wanted to extend but unfortunately couldn't so we have already made future reservations for September to return. We loved sitting by the pool, relaxing on the Adirondack chairs overlooking the river and returning at night down the tree lined street to this beautiful spot. There are so many things to do and see in St Michaels and it is all fun so we are really looking forward to our return.
Breakfast was wonderful so leave your heart healthy self at home because you may be tempted...but there is always fresh fruit, yogurt and green tea if you must :)
Thank you again Jackie for your amazing hospitality and we will see you in September ( yes, that was a 60s song). Fondly, Mark & Sharon

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
See you in September! Let me count the ways to pamper you…

We are especially fortunate to have our long and tree-lined gravel drive. At times it is farily common to see deer grazing nearby.

How about a relaxing massage in our Spa (the lovely cottage by the pier) or go outside in a Bali-style massage cabana with the white curtains gently swaying in the wind?

How about sitting by the fire pit near the water’s edge to roast some marshmallows and soak in the panoramic views of the river? Lots and lots of complimentary marshmallows.

How about picking some sweet ripened figs from the tree and enjoy those juicy miracles?

How about kayaking down the waterway and watching the geese, the ducks, the egrets, the herons, and the fish all around you?

Or, if not kayaking – take a short stroll along our private nature walk at the edge of our creek and view the wildlife.

Let’s bake some bread, some breakfast pizzas – it is September, time to bake and unwind. Yes, when I bake bread, I feel very close to God and Buddha.

Your first trip to St. Michaels was in Spring, you got soaked. Your second trip was in Summer, you got tanned. Now, let’s experience the magic of Fall and the beauty of this season at Bay Cottage.

I so look forward to seeing my lovely family from beautiful Virginia returning.

See you in September!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I spent a weekend here with some friends and everything was perfect! The house was clean and decorated beautifully. The view was amazing as well. The weather was yet to be warm so the pool was not open but the lake out front was a great sight to see. I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much. You and your friends are the most accomplished and fascinating young people I have ever had the pleasure to be with. I posted your group pictures on my FB page – what a beautiful group to experience and share Bay Cottage.

Yes, early May was a bit too chilly to go into the pool. Now is the perfect time to spend in the pool after kayaking, jogging, or biking. Get a relaxing massage in our lovely Spa (the cottage by the pier) or go outdoors Bali-style Cabana. Or, return here in the Fall, let’s roast some marshmallows at the fire pit and soak in the panoramic water views. There are plenty of books in the library for you to choose from. I will bake some cookies in the cooler days to go with your afternoon tea.

I already miss your energy and vitality. What a great group of young men and women with such positive futures.

I look forward to seeing you again.
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am hesitant to write this review because I don't want this gem to get so popular that I'm unable to stay there. Jackie (owner/operator) was so lovely, caring, and attentive to all the details of our stay. I mentioned we were there for a birthday and later that night a card and bottle of champagne was waiting for us.

The room was large and well climated to allow for a cool sleep. The B&B is located on a secluded inlet that allows for a relaxing dip in the well cleaned pool or just a rejuvenating sit along the mirror-like water.

It was only a short drive into town, but felt like another world. I highly recommend Bay Cottage and Jackie!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such a nice review. It always makes me happy to hear that I am able to meet your expectations! Don’t worry about not being able to book – we will always work to have something for you - you are family now and I will take good care of you. I was so delighted to have you here to celebrate your significant other’s birthday.

I saw how much you enjoyed hanging out here. So I added some more amenities for you to enjoy when you return – indoor spa, outdoor Bali-style massage cabana, fire pit at the water’s edge on the point of land, hammock on the water’s edge, and a lovely shoreline nature walk. If you return in the cooler months, pick some figs off the tree, roast some marshmallows at the fire pit, or take a cool dip in the pool – we will keep the pool open till October.

There will be plenty of fish in the creek and the waterfowls will be returning. Come relax in “another world”. We love having you.

I look forward to seeing you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a relaxing get away at the bay cottage and it was great! Super tranquil and beautiful, it was exactly what we needed. We also loved Jackie, who was super fun and very sweet. She gave us some good recommendations on where to eat in town and then cooked up an awesome breakfast for us, which we shared with other bay cottage guests and had lovely conversation. The property is clean and beautiful right along the water and the pool is a great touch. My only regret is not bringing my bike so that we could enjoy all the charms of small town living.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I was so happy to have you with us at Bay Cottage. It was way too short. We have complementary bikes for our guests but understand when active riders only want their personal road bike. (The whole Eastern Shore is flat like a pancake – the best place to bike!) You and your boyfriend are absolutely awesome. I enjoyed visiting with you so much.

When you return, please let us pamper you with a massage in our Spa (the lovely little boat house by the pier) or outdoors in a massage cabana on the pool or sundeck. Remember your bikes or kayak down the creek to check out St. Michaels. Or, in the cooler months, the fire pit at the point is great to soak in the water views. I have lots of books in the library. Yes, I will bake some cookies in the afternoon to go with your tea.

I look forward to seeing your beautiful smiles.

Been to Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!