“Tranquil, beautiful, amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Stafford, Virginia
“Tranquil, beautiful, amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Based on the reviews and picture on the web we decided to try Bay Cottage; what an amazing place to stay. I do agree with other reviews that I am a bit hesitant to write how wonderful it was as it may be difficult to get reservations in the future, but Jackie, the owner certainly deserves to have all the credit for creating an environment that can be whatever you want it to be.
We had 2 amazing days there and wanted to extend but unfortunately couldn't so we have already made future reservations for September to return. We loved sitting by the pool, relaxing on the Adirondack chairs overlooking the river and returning at night down the tree lined street to this beautiful spot. There are so many things to do and see in St Michaels and it is all fun so we are really looking forward to our return.
Breakfast was wonderful so leave your heart healthy self at home because you may be tempted...but there is always fresh fruit, yogurt and green tea if you must :)
Thank you again Jackie for your amazing hospitality and we will see you in September ( yes, that was a 60s song). Fondly, Mark & Sharon

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
See you in September! Let me count the ways to pamper you…

We are especially fortunate to have our long and tree-lined gravel drive. At times it is farily common to see deer grazing nearby.

How about a relaxing massage in our Spa (the lovely cottage by the pier) or go outside in a Bali-style massage cabana with the white curtains gently swaying in the wind?

How about sitting by the fire pit near the water’s edge to roast some marshmallows and soak in the panoramic views of the river? Lots and lots of complimentary marshmallows.

How about picking some sweet ripened figs from the tree and enjoy those juicy miracles?

How about kayaking down the waterway and watching the geese, the ducks, the egrets, the herons, and the fish all around you?

Or, if not kayaking – take a short stroll along our private nature walk at the edge of our creek and view the wildlife.

Let’s bake some bread, some breakfast pizzas – it is September, time to bake and unwind. Yes, when I bake bread, I feel very close to God and Buddha.

Your first trip to St. Michaels was in Spring, you got soaked. Your second trip was in Summer, you got tanned. Now, let’s experience the magic of Fall and the beauty of this season at Bay Cottage.

I so look forward to seeing my lovely family from beautiful Virginia returning.

See you in September!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I spent a weekend here with some friends and everything was perfect! The house was clean and decorated beautifully. The view was amazing as well. The weather was yet to be warm so the pool was not open but the lake out front was a great sight to see. I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much. You and your friends are the most accomplished and fascinating young people I have ever had the pleasure to be with. I posted your group pictures on my FB page – what a beautiful group to experience and share Bay Cottage.

Yes, early May was a bit too chilly to go into the pool. Now is the perfect time to spend in the pool after kayaking, jogging, or biking. Get a relaxing massage in our lovely Spa (the cottage by the pier) or go outdoors Bali-style Cabana. Or, return here in the Fall, let’s roast some marshmallows at the fire pit and soak in the panoramic water views. There are plenty of books in the library for you to choose from. I will bake some cookies in the cooler days to go with your afternoon tea.

I already miss your energy and vitality. What a great group of young men and women with such positive futures.

I look forward to seeing you again.
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am hesitant to write this review because I don't want this gem to get so popular that I'm unable to stay there. Jackie (owner/operator) was so lovely, caring, and attentive to all the details of our stay. I mentioned we were there for a birthday and later that night a card and bottle of champagne was waiting for us.

The room was large and well climated to allow for a cool sleep. The B&B is located on a secluded inlet that allows for a relaxing dip in the well cleaned pool or just a rejuvenating sit along the mirror-like water.

It was only a short drive into town, but felt like another world. I highly recommend Bay Cottage and Jackie!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such a nice review. It always makes me happy to hear that I am able to meet your expectations! Don’t worry about not being able to book – we will always work to have something for you - you are family now and I will take good care of you. I was so delighted to have you here to celebrate your significant other’s birthday.

I saw how much you enjoyed hanging out here. So I added some more amenities for you to enjoy when you return – indoor spa, outdoor Bali-style massage cabana, fire pit at the water’s edge on the point of land, hammock on the water’s edge, and a lovely shoreline nature walk. If you return in the cooler months, pick some figs off the tree, roast some marshmallows at the fire pit, or take a cool dip in the pool – we will keep the pool open till October.

There will be plenty of fish in the creek and the waterfowls will be returning. Come relax in “another world”. We love having you.

I look forward to seeing you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a relaxing get away at the bay cottage and it was great! Super tranquil and beautiful, it was exactly what we needed. We also loved Jackie, who was super fun and very sweet. She gave us some good recommendations on where to eat in town and then cooked up an awesome breakfast for us, which we shared with other bay cottage guests and had lovely conversation. The property is clean and beautiful right along the water and the pool is a great touch. My only regret is not bringing my bike so that we could enjoy all the charms of small town living.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I was so happy to have you with us at Bay Cottage. It was way too short. We have complementary bikes for our guests but understand when active riders only want their personal road bike. (The whole Eastern Shore is flat like a pancake – the best place to bike!) You and your boyfriend are absolutely awesome. I enjoyed visiting with you so much.

When you return, please let us pamper you with a massage in our Spa (the lovely little boat house by the pier) or outdoors in a massage cabana on the pool or sundeck. Remember your bikes or kayak down the creek to check out St. Michaels. Or, in the cooler months, the fire pit at the point is great to soak in the water views. I have lots of books in the library. Yes, I will bake some cookies in the afternoon to go with your tea.

I look forward to seeing your beautiful smiles.
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We returned for a romantic at Bay cottage and much to our surprise there had been some lovely changes. We love to sit out on the lawn or by the pool for the magnificent views of the water and the boats plying their way through the still waters. Those views were enhanced by some modest changes in the beautifully kept lawn and garden areas around the pool, since we were last here. The owner, Jackie was a font of knowledge about the area attractions and especially on the changes in the local restaurants. We took her advice and had a wonderful dinner before retiring to our room.
Breakfast was up to her usual excellent standards and we spent the afternoon reading and lolling at poolside.
We are glad we returned and will again return or this quick break in our schedules.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
It was so good seeing you again. Your calm and relaxed personalities are always refreshing and inspirational to me. Beau loved playing with you. :):):)
.
It has been during many years of friendship that we have enjoyed having you here at Bay Cottage with us. I would like to invite you to join us this Fall for our newlest amenities – the spa, the massage cabana, the fire pit, the nature walk along the shore, and most of all, my home-made bread and breakfast pizza and pastry. I will have plenty of sweet juicy figs, goat cheese, local honey, and bacon as your pizza topping. It goes very well with a cup of dark roast coffee.

I so look forward to seeing you again.
Goshen, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you want a relaxing B&B at St Michaels overlooking the Miles River with a swimming pool, this is it! Our room 'Moonglow' (the smallest and cheapest room - it has a separate bathroom across the hall) has a lovely view of the river and was very quiet. Jackie made us very welcome and is a helpful and charming hostess. The breakfasts were delicious with fresh diced fruit and fruit juice to start followed by a hot entrée. There was always coffee in the large vacuum pot, and ice in the freezer for those long cold drinks by the pool! We were delighted to see and hear so many Osprey, watch jumping fish, see swimming turtles, and to sit and watch the sun set overlooking the river with a glass of wine. Perfect or what?!

Room Tip: We did see the two more expensive rooms (separate block over the garages) with the wet bars and Jacu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BayCottage, Manager at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
What a great honor and delight to have you and your lovely wife. You reminded me why I love having guests here at Bay Cottage - to share the beautiful property, the cool pool, the friendship, and the bounty of Chesapeake Bay.

Please go fishing, crabbing, hunting, and shopping at farmer's markets. It is my pleasure to savor what the Bay has to offer with you. Million "thank you's".

It was pure joy.
Calabasas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you are looking for a tranquil and quaint little town on the Eastern Shores, look no further. St. Michaels is conveniently located, close to many charming towns and seaports. The best place to stay would be Bay Cottage. Just outside the town center on a little road off the highway. All the rooms have beautiful view of the water. We stayed at the honeymoon suite with a large balcony looking right over the bay. But the other rooms are just as comfortable and inviting. The most relaxing thing to do is to sit on one of the Adirondack chairs on the lawn in front of the cottage next to the bay watching the boats gliding on the calm water and the birds flying by. The owner/chef Jackie prepared a delicious breakfast each day. She will also prepare any special dishes by request. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
I LOVE your company, so much. I LOVE seeing you relaxing by the water. I LOVE having the honor to have company like yours.

I LOVE cooking for you - savoring the bounty of the Bay is a special treat. Thank you.

Thank you so much for coming, for being with us. I enjoyed visiting with you so much. I look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you for your suggestions in how to make Bay Cottage better - the BEST gift I could get. Yeah!!!!

Been to Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!