“Beautiful Spot...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful Spot...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a relaxing get away at the bay cottage and it was great! Super tranquil and beautiful, it was exactly what we needed. We also loved Jackie, who was super fun and very sweet. She gave us some good recommendations on where to eat in town and then cooked up an awesome breakfast for us, which we shared with other bay cottage guests and had lovely conversation. The property is clean and beautiful right along the water and the pool is a great touch. My only regret is not bringing my bike so that we could enjoy all the charms of small town living.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I was so happy to have you with us at Bay Cottage. It was way too short. We have complementary bikes for our guests but understand when active riders only want their personal road bike. (The whole Eastern Shore is flat like a pancake – the best place to bike!) You and your boyfriend are absolutely awesome. I enjoyed visiting with you so much.

When you return, please let us pamper you with a massage in our Spa (the lovely little boat house by the pier) or outdoors in a massage cabana on the pool or sundeck. Remember your bikes or kayak down the creek to check out St. Michaels. Or, in the cooler months, the fire pit at the point is great to soak in the water views. I have lots of books in the library. Yes, I will bake some cookies in the afternoon to go with your tea.

I look forward to seeing your beautiful smiles.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We returned for a romantic at Bay cottage and much to our surprise there had been some lovely changes. We love to sit out on the lawn or by the pool for the magnificent views of the water and the boats plying their way through the still waters. Those views were enhanced by some modest changes in the beautifully kept lawn and garden areas around the pool, since we were last here. The owner, Jackie was a font of knowledge about the area attractions and especially on the changes in the local restaurants. We took her advice and had a wonderful dinner before retiring to our room.
Breakfast was up to her usual excellent standards and we spent the afternoon reading and lolling at poolside.
We are glad we returned and will again return or this quick break in our schedules.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
It was so good seeing you again. Your calm and relaxed personalities are always refreshing and inspirational to me. Beau loved playing with you. :):):)
.
It has been during many years of friendship that we have enjoyed having you here at Bay Cottage with us. I would like to invite you to join us this Fall for our newlest amenities – the spa, the massage cabana, the fire pit, the nature walk along the shore, and most of all, my home-made bread and breakfast pizza and pastry. I will have plenty of sweet juicy figs, goat cheese, local honey, and bacon as your pizza topping. It goes very well with a cup of dark roast coffee.

I so look forward to seeing you again.
Goshen, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you want a relaxing B&B at St Michaels overlooking the Miles River with a swimming pool, this is it! Our room 'Moonglow' (the smallest and cheapest room - it has a separate bathroom across the hall) has a lovely view of the river and was very quiet. Jackie made us very welcome and is a helpful and charming hostess. The breakfasts were delicious with fresh diced fruit and fruit juice to start followed by a hot entrée. There was always coffee in the large vacuum pot, and ice in the freezer for those long cold drinks by the pool! We were delighted to see and hear so many Osprey, watch jumping fish, see swimming turtles, and to sit and watch the sun set overlooking the river with a glass of wine. Perfect or what?!

Room Tip: We did see the two more expensive rooms (separate block over the garages) with the wet bars and Jacu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BayCottage, Manager at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
What a great honor and delight to have you and your lovely wife. You reminded me why I love having guests here at Bay Cottage - to share the beautiful property, the cool pool, the friendship, and the bounty of Chesapeake Bay.

Please go fishing, crabbing, hunting, and shopping at farmer's markets. It is my pleasure to savor what the Bay has to offer with you. Million "thank you's".

It was pure joy.
Calabasas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you are looking for a tranquil and quaint little town on the Eastern Shores, look no further. St. Michaels is conveniently located, close to many charming towns and seaports. The best place to stay would be Bay Cottage. Just outside the town center on a little road off the highway. All the rooms have beautiful view of the water. We stayed at the honeymoon suite with a large balcony looking right over the bay. But the other rooms are just as comfortable and inviting. The most relaxing thing to do is to sit on one of the Adirondack chairs on the lawn in front of the cottage next to the bay watching the boats gliding on the calm water and the birds flying by. The owner/chef Jackie prepared a delicious breakfast each day. She will also prepare any special dishes by request. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
I LOVE your company, so much. I LOVE seeing you relaxing by the water. I LOVE having the honor to have company like yours.

I LOVE cooking for you - savoring the bounty of the Bay is a special treat. Thank you.

Thank you so much for coming, for being with us. I enjoyed visiting with you so much. I look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you for your suggestions in how to make Bay Cottage better - the BEST gift I could get. Yeah!!!!
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Husband and I recently spent several days at Bay Cottage to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary . We decided to treat ourselves and stayed at the honeymoon suite. So glad we did.
It was delightful to have a cup of coffee or tea in the morning before breakfast on the deck attached to the room. It was very peaceful and beautiful watching the sun glisten on the water with the boats in the background. After a day in town or walking the local nature trail and after many delicious dinners in town , it was delightful to enjoy a glass of wine on the deck looking at the sky and listening to music . Then relaxing in the jacuzzi.
Jackie the innkeeper was such a delight . She was a very gracious hostess and quite a dynamo and very humorous.

Highly recommend if you want to spend few relaxing days and only a few hours away from central NJ
Joan A. Brick NJ

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you so much. What a great pleasure getting to know you both. You have such a beautiful family. You are so delightful and fun to be with. I enjoyed your great personality very much.

Happy Anniversary!

Yes, I love watching the sunrise and sunset over the water and feel so very blessed. Thank you so much.

Lots of love and deep gratitude to you and your family. I look forward to seeing you.

Jackie & Beau (the wonderful assistant innkeeper)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful setting for a wonderful anniversary weekend. Location was perfect (directly on the water), breakfast was delicious and Jackie was a delight. We will absolutely be back again. St. Michaels is a wonderful town and this is the best place to stay if you want to stay at a beautiful waterfront property that is near town.

• Stayed June 2014
Happy Anniversary. It is my great pleasure having you with us. Thank you so much.

I absolutely enjoyed having you with us. I am so blessed. Maximum and I have been working hard on the grounds and we put out wonderful teak chaise lounge by the pool (what a great way to enjoy the views). O, I can't wait to see you again.

Lots of love and deep gratitude,
Jackie & Beau (the wonder dog)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our anniversary weekend was a lovely escape from the ordinary to the lovely Bay cottage. The innkeeper Jackie makes you feel right at home, and part of her extended family. She's now my Auntie Jackie, and I plan on visiting her many times in the future. all of the other guests were also very nice and we all had great conversations over the delicious breakfast Jackie prepared for us. The cottage has lovely views of the water and the sailboats docked in the neighboring houses. Its an amazing location. Its close enough to town that you can park your car at the bed and breakfast and walk into town to view the other marine views. This is definitely a sailing town, and if you love nautical....this is the place for you...

Room Tip: We choose the bay view room, and it was lovely...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Oh, yes, when you are here, you become family. I am so delighted to get to know you both. I will be honored to be your Auntie Jackie and have you go sailing, yacht-racing, kayaking, stand-up-boarding, canoeing, crabbing, fishing, oystering (is there such a word, o, yes, only at Chesapeake Bay), and of course, dark-and-storming...... with me/us. Beau is very short, hence got very short legs, but he got 4 legs, and he loves to go with us.

I will post more of our water-fun pictures. I can't wait to see you again.

lots of love, big smiles, and hugs,
Jackie & Beau

Been to Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!